Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
LedZeppfan1977

2018 MLB season thread

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Strider said:

Oh, I believe you. ūüėĀ

Did anyone watch the All-Star game?

Bits and pieces.  Not like the old days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 8:43 PM, ebk said:

Rick, I keep telling you - buy a classic jersey - number 19, Dave McNally, and be done with it.  It will never go out of style. 

Hey let me know if any of these prospects we got are going to suit up for Norfolk this weekend?  They are making a rare visit here and I might go to Sunday's game if I knew some would play?  Or perhaps they might go to Bowie?  Or maybe they might go straight to Baltimore? Why not.  As bad as we are doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it appears, if what I read and what my Dodger-fan friends are telling me is true, that the Orioles got some good prospects in this Manny Machado deal.

It's unusual for a blockbuster deal to feature a player as young as Machado. He's only 26. Usually it's a player like Manny Ramirez or Albert Pujols that is in his 30s with not much left in the tank.

Manny Trade #1 helped the Dodgers in 2008. But they still lost to the Cardinals and never made it to the World Series.

Will Manny Trade #2 work out better for the Dodgers? At least they are getting Machado still in his prime years. The Dodgers need to win now. The Clayton Kershaw window is closing.

What about the Orioles? Is there a possible 'Mike Trout' in this bunch of prospects?

The Angels used to kill me after they got Vlad Guerrero because they would never bolster their pitching for the playoffs. They would enter into trade talks with a team and the Angels would never want to give up one of their "vaunted, hot prospects". For ten years after the Angels won the World Series in 2002, the Angels refused to trade one of their prospects for a proven pitcher. Only ONE of those "vaunted prospects" turned out to be worth anything...Mike Trout. All the rest were busts.

It could be the Orioles got a few gems to build for the future. Or they got a bag of beans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Strider said:

So it appears, if what I read and what my Dodger-fan friends are telling me is true, that the Orioles got some good prospects in this Manny Machado deal.

It's unusual for a blockbuster deal to feature a player as young as Machado. He's only 26. Usually it's a player like Manny Ramirez or Albert Pujols that is in his 30s with not much left in the tank.

Manny Trade #1 helped the Dodgers in 2008. But they still lost to the Cardinals and never made it to the World Series.

Will Manny Trade #2 work out better for the Dodgers? At least they are getting Machado still in his prime years. The Dodgers need to win now. The Clayton Kershaw window is closing.

What about the Orioles? Is there a possible 'Mike Trout' in this bunch of prospects?

The Angels used to kill me after they got Vlad Guerrero because they would never bolster their pitching for the playoffs. They would enter into trade talks with a team and the Angels would never want to give up one of their "vaunted, hot prospects". For ten years after the Angels won the World Series in 2002, the Angels refused to trade one of their prospects for a proven pitcher. Only ONE of those "vaunted prospects" turned out to be worth anything...Mike Trout. All the rest were busts.

It could be the Orioles got a few gems to build for the future. Or they got a bag of beans.

I sure hope its not the beans Sean.  Likely somewhere in between.  If the pitchers are good, and two of the three other kids produce and work out, I guess its worth it because the last thing you want is the guy walking for nothing.  The nightmare scenario in this day and age.  

SO KINGZOSO, IF YOU READ THIS??????  Do you think Girardi will be the next Cardinals manager?

 

And Sean and King, if I  have the balls to fly my teams flag, you guys should too!!!!!!!  LOL  We have all crashed and burned.  Orioles, Angels and Cards.  Sure, my crash is far bigger but does it really matter?

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

And Sean and King, if I  have the balls to fly my teams flag, you guys should too!!!!!!!  LOL  We have all crashed and burned.  Orioles, Angels and Cards.  Sure, my crash is far bigger but does it really matter?

It's the 50th anniversary of Led Zeppelin. That's the flag I am flying this year. That team never let me down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Strider said:

It's the 50th anniversary of Led Zeppelin. That's the flag I am flying this year. That team never let me down.

AMEN TO THAT BRO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Hey let me know if any of these prospects we got are going to suit up for Norfolk this weekend?  They are making a rare visit here and I might go to Sunday's game if I knew some would play?  Or perhaps they might go to Bowie?  Or maybe they might go straight to Baltimore? Why not.  As bad as we are doing.

As far as I can tell, the top guy is playing at Bowie, so I'm guessing the other 4 aren't going to be with the Tides this weekend.  You should go to the game anyway Rick!! Cheer on your team!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

 

SO KINGZOSO, IF YOU READ THIS??????  Do you think Girardi will be the next Cardinals manager?

 

And Sean and King, if I  have the balls to fly my teams flag, you guys should too!!!!!!!  LOL  We have all crashed and burned.  Orioles, Angels and Cards.  Sure, my crash is far bigger but does it really matter?

I really don't know who will get the job.  I was watching the Cards/Cubs game on Thursday and the chick announcer said that she would not be surprised if the Cardinals Great catcher Yadier Molina could be the Player/Manager. 

Yadier Molina is considered the best catcher in the Major Leagues.  A 9 time All-Star and one of the most respected players in the History of the Game.  

The Cardinals completely decimated the Cubs earlier yesterday.  Cardinals 18, Cubs 5.

Matt Carpenter is only the second player in Major League Baseball History to hit 3 home runs and 2 doubles in a single game (yesterday).  The Cubs Kris Bryant is the first to do the same in the whole history of the Game.  

Pretty amazing accomplishments

 

Edited by kingzoso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 8:02 PM, ebk said:

As far as I can tell, the top guy is playing at Bowie, so I'm guessing the other 4 aren't going to be with the Tides this weekend.  You should go to the game anyway Rick!! Cheer on your team!!! 

My team is Baltimore.  And since its a hopeless season I am now going to cheer for Manny and the Dodgers.  But Norfolk so far has not had them in the lineup

NO just checked the box score and the lineups.  None are in the Norfolk lineup  For some reason the Orioles treat their AA team better than their AAA team lately.  More of their prospects go to Bowie.   Ever since the Rochester Red Wings parted ways with Baltimore and are now the Twins farm team, I do not attend.  And the are in a stadium that is different.  The old Silver Stadium where Bobby Grich and Don Baylor and Cal Ripken played has now been torn down.

Besides the Dodgers I will also cheer for the Atlanta Braves who I always liked and Nick Markakis is there

 

The Norfolk vs Rochester game started at 1pm.  I just checked the box and Valera is at 2b for the Tides, one of the guys acquired for Machado.  0 for 3 so far and the first of the 5 to play that I know of.  The two pitchers are likely in Bowie?  Valera is the oldest of the 5 and is not the top guy.  I could not attend.  Not enough time to put it together and the guy I would have gone with works the graveyard.

I dont even see Sisco in the lineup?  Either running with Pancho or in the O's stinking lineup.  The Machadoless lineup

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your team is looking great, Kev. And you know it pains me to say that! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Walter said:

Your team is looking great, Kev. And you know it pains me to say that! 

 Noted,long way to go.Didn't mean to rub it in,.....oh wait,....:whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

 Noted,long way to go.Didn't mean to rub it in,.....oh wait,....:whistling:

I’d do the same....lol!

Were you a fan back in ‚Äė78 around this time of the season? Epic season.¬†

Edited by Walter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Walter said:

I’d do the same....lol!

Were you a fan back in ‚Äė78 around this time of the season? Epic season.¬†

:friends:

 

78?How about 1960,Ted Williams last year? I remember '68 in which the Sox ran into one of all time greats Bob Gibson! Funny,never went to Fenway to see the Sox.The one time I did go was to see the Boston Patriots play the Buffalo  Bills!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anjin-san said:

:friends:

 

78?How about 1960,Ted Williams last year? I remember '68 in which the Sox ran into one of all time greats Bob Gibson! Funny,never went to Fenway to see the Sox.The one time I did go was to see the Boston Patriots play the Buffalo  Bills!!!

 

Those dates are a little before my time. I’ve never been to Fenway, high on the list though. That must’ve been crazy to see a football field squeezed into there!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anjin-san said:

:friends:

 

78?How about 1960,Ted Williams last year? I remember '68 in which the Sox ran into one of all time greats Bob Gibson! Funny,never went to Fenway to see the Sox.The one time I did go was to see the Boston Patriots play the Buffalo  Bills!!!

 

My guess is in those days Kemp might have been at the end of his career and the Bills should have won?  What the hell is up with the Dodgers?  Its like they forgot how to hit all of a sudden.  Not a great series vs Milwaukee either.  I hope they wake up. 

There are more damn prospects than I can count on the Orioles.  I do not like what they have done one bit. Trading Schoop?  WTF.  Its one thing to clean house and another to fucking burn it down. So now we have like 7 or 8 pitchers that we picked up, one was a starter in the Yankee rotation and for reasons unknown to me, he has not pitched for the Orioles yet.  Maybe they do not want to rock his confidence in the midst of this train wreck of a season?  At least my other teams are making great moves and I have high expectations for a good season.  Especially for the Sabres.  The Bills too but this QB thing is really a mystery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Walter said:

Those dates are a little before my time. I’ve never been to Fenway, high on the list though. That must’ve been crazy to see a football field squeezed into there!  

Kids!:rolleyes: :hysterical: Of course it will have to be Yankees vs Sox,tough ticket,that! They set up scaffold seating in front of the green monster,September game.Hell,training camp was open,I think at Smith collage,that same fall.

Anyhow,how about those RED SOX!:bravo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad the Angels can't play Detroit more often. With the crooked Halos 16 games behind the Astros, their season looks over.

Guess I'll watch more Red Sox games. Man, Boston took the Yankees to the woodshed.

A baseball game at Fenway Park is a beautiful experience, although a bit rough on us long-legged types. A Red Sox vs. Yankees game is the ultimate. Walter, you owe it to yourself to cross it off your bucket list.

Edited by Strider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt Carpenter of the  Saint Louis Cardinals is the current home run leader in the National League.  31 home runs and the National  League Player of the Month (July).

I always have positive hopes and expectations and I really believe that the Saint Louis Cardinals will make the 2018 MLB Playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 1:34 AM, kingzoso said:

Matt Carpenter of the  Saint Louis Cardinals is the current home run leader in the National League.  31 home runs and the National  League Player of the Month (July).

I always have positive hopes and expectations and I really believe that the Saint Louis Cardinals will make the 2018 MLB Playoffs.

Shows you what a fucking crazy season this is.  How many damn prospects and pitchers did the Orioles get for giving up Machado and Schoop?  Never enough.  Nice job of absolutely blowing up our fucking team Duquette you dumb fucking Frenchmun.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 8:02 PM, ebk said:

As far as I can tell, the top guy is playing at Bowie, so I'm guessing the other 4 aren't going to be with the Tides this weekend.  You should go to the game anyway Rick!! Cheer on your team!!! 

Aren't you worried by what transpired this year?  I mean, its beyond a disaster.  You let Machado and Schoop get away?  I know they got prospects but what are we? The team that is supposed to develope talent and then watch them walk?  Fucking Yankees and Boston have deeper pockets as we can see.   But its got me very mad that they traded Machado and Schoop away.  And then Britton and more guys that were part of a playoff caliber team. All he had to do was sign a good outfielder and a couple of good starters.  I know some of these guys quit on Buck.  We are not as bad as our record.  Now we are, because everyone is gone.  Its rebuild time.  I have no clue how and where this franchise will be in a couple years?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Rick, the Saint Louis Cardinals have won 7 straight games and are only 4 games behind the Chicago Cubs and 1 game back in the Wild Card standings.

I have said this before but I never count out the Cardinals until it is official that They are out.

Edited by kingzoso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again Rick, I am not taunting you but your Orioles got decimated by the New York Mets 16-5. 

Once again, I ask you about how you feel about the re-emergance of the Saint Louis Cardinals?  They have now won 8 straight games and are currently the Hottest team in all of Baseball 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

√ó