2018 MLB season thread

LedZeppfan1977

8 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Again Rick, I am not taunting you but your Orioles got decimated by the New York Mets 16-5. 

Once again, I ask you about how you feel about the re-emergance of the Saint Louis Cardinals?  They have now won 8 straight games and are currently the Hottest team in all of Baseball 

I do not even consider them to be  a real team right now.  Are you kidding m?  I do not even follow them right now. They traded the team they had away.  Machado, Schoop, Britton were all huge parts of the Orioles team that had made the playoffs 3 of 5 seasons.  When Wieters left it was the beginning of the end.  The current administration is shit.  I will admit that.   No Earl Weaver around either.  But now they have a zillion prospects that are not even in Baltimore yet?  I do not know how they will pan out?  I doubt Duquette has a clue either or if he will even be the GM after this season.  Or should I say train wreck of a season. The Cardinals are hot, and are playing a Nationals team that has no bullpen at all.  They used Bud Norris for Gods sake.  Are you serious? The Cardinals are not likely to beat out the Brewers or Cubs IMO.  We will see.  I think the Dodgers are the best team on paper.  The Orioles are a real mess and I do not know where this administration will take them if they even last.   The owner is an asshole. We had a chance to move forward but they did not get us an outfielder or two in the off season or two quality pitchers which were the needs before they blew up the house and traded all of our stars away.  Machado is one of those players that does not come around that often.  He leads the Dodgers in all categories right now.  Of course he had good numbers on a team that was in the basement.  He is a gem and the Dodgers now have him.  Wieters and Schoop were great players to have also.  Gone. Now its a multi year rebuild.  Good luck with the Cards but I do not see them going far.

Crazy that the Yankees have the 2nd best record in baseball and yet are 10 games out of first place. Hard to compete with a team at over .700 winning percentage.  It’s the Sox’s title to lose at this point...

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Crazy that the Yankees have the 2nd best record in baseball and yet are 10 games out of first place. Hard to compete with a team at over .700 winning percentage.  It’s the Sox’s title to lose at this point...

Hey Walter!

Not September yet,......and there is something to be said about Yankee Pride :yesnod: THe ALCS,Yankees vs Sox what do you say?

5 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

Hey Walter!

Not September yet,......and there is something to be said about Yankee Pride :yesnod: THe ALCS,Yankees vs Sox what do you say?

I’m hoping, if things work out like they should. Hopefully we’ll be healthier then and make it another epic battle. It’s time for a next generation Yanks/Sox title fight! But right now, you guys are in a league of your own. 

16 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I just looked at the baseball scores and I see that the New York Mets have scored 22 runs so far against the Phillies.

I think they scored 16 on what is left of the Orioles and yet 25 were scored against them a week or two ago.  A very strange team.  It was the Nationals I believe that put up 25 on them.  Another strange team

The Saint Louis Cardinals are now currently in second place, 4 games behind the Cubs in the NL Central. 

I have every confiidence and optimism that the Saint Louis Cardinals will soon overtake the Chcago Cubs and win the NL Central Division.

On 8/18/2018 at 12:59 AM, apantherfrommd said:

O's and Woes

Hey Rick, How bout Dem Senators. :)

Not sure what you are referring to? Perhaps us losing our franchise?  After what I have seen I would not doubt it. I mean, they got rid of all of their good players.  And Machado and Schoop and Britton are more than good.

The Saint Louis Cardinals are now currently in second place, 2.5  games behind the Chicago Cubs in the NL Central. They are currently the best team in Baseball.

Like I always say,, never count out the Saint Louis Cardinals 

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:36 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Not sure what you are referring to? Perhaps us losing our franchise?  After what I have seen I would not doubt it. I mean, they got rid of all of their good players.  And Machado and Schoop and Britton are more than good.

Orioles make worst kind of history with early elimination from division race. The ghost of Earl Weaver.Image result for dead baltimore oriole

19 hours ago, kingzoso said:

The Saint Louis Cardinals are now currently in second place, 2.5  games behind the Chicago Cubs in the NL Central. They are currently the best team in Baseball.

Like I always say,, never count out the Saint Louis Cardinals 

That is quite a damn stretch calling them the best team in baseball?  How do you figure?  Better than Boston or Houston? Milwaukee is right there. You get a winning streak and you are ready to crown them champions.  What a joke you are.  They wont win the Series or even get there. The Cubs have really been awful lately but still are on top somehow.  Milwaukee has been very steady.  I do not get the Dodgers.  Loaded with talent and they are just too streaky.  SF looked like they were in the race and now losing Posey and the not so good play on the East coast has them reeling.  Seattle needs to really go on a streak.  They have a good record but they have the misfortune of being in with Houston and an all of a sudden good Oakland team.  The A's came out of no where.   Its good to see them winning again.  Boy, KC really is trying to be the worst team.  They did not clean house to the magnitude that the Orioles did.  But only one game ahead for the worst record.  I still do not get this GM in Baltimore.  And one of the prospects they traded for was in the Yankees regular rotation.  He has not pitched one game?  Strange.  Tate.

It is August 23. I still have not attended a baseball game this season. Given my concert and show schedule in the next month, and the fact that the Angels are toast, it does not appear I will be attending a game before the season ends, either. 

This would make 2018 the first season I did not attend a baseball game since 1995.

I also think the time has come to reassess my fan allegiance.

I was born in Los Angeles but raised in Orange County from years 2 to 18. The first baseball game I attended was August 17, 1973 at the Big A...Nolan Ryan of the California Angels struck out 13 Detroit Tigers in a complete game 10-2 victory.

But I left Orange County in 1981 after high school. I have now lived in Los Angeles for 33 years..well over half my life. I only spent 16 years in Orange County. None of my friends live in Orange County. My roots are now in L.A. My friends, most of my family, my work, my social life...it's all in L.A.

And Dodger Stadium is a helluva lot closer and less hassle to get to than Angel Stadium. I think it's time I switched to the Dodgers.

I've always preferred National League ball anyway. I hate the DH of the American League.

Have any of you switched allegiances from one team to another?

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Not a chance.  Even when a "new" team moved to town, I'm sticking with my crappy team all the way!!! 

15 hours ago, ebk said:

Not a chance.  Even when a "new" team moved to town, I'm sticking with my crappy team all the way!!! 

Well I am starting to wonder if we will still have a team soon?  How the hell do you justify trading the entire damn franchise away because you were too stupid to go out and get an outfielder and some starting pitchers.  Now the stands will be emptier than ever.  Its deader than 4:00 there unless the Yankees are in town and their fans buy up the place.  Not like they are going anywhere either.  With all of their damn money and thieving.  Boston and Houston likely will be the ALCS unless Cleveland or Oakland  can do something.  I know the Yankees are not good  enough.  The Dodgers really piss me off.  LOADED WITH TALENT.  But not playing like it.  I hope our Orioles do not lose the franchise?  I am worried. Thanks Angelos you prick.  And you too Duquette you stupid fuck.  Before Matt Wieters left, we were good enough on the field to win the whole thing but we know we did not have the starters to win.  Did he fix it or even try to fix it?  Wade Miley was a sack of garbage and now the guy is winning in Milsqaukee.  When Machado and Schoop left and then Britton, you knew the stands would be  empty.  I am not sure they can recover from this. Angelos is not Terry Pegula.  And these prospects?  They should have gotten more for Manny Machado.  Are you kidding me?  Schoop is already hitting the ball out of the park with the Brewers. I wish them the best.  I loved those guys.  I hate the owner and the GM.  Earl Weaver would have done something to get us over the hump.  I like Buck but I think he put up with too much shit.  How the hell do we survive this?

Staying with SF ever since they came to San Francisco. This is a suck year too. I moved to Washington in 1999 but I could never see myself becoming a Mariner's fan. 

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well I am starting to wonder if we will still have a team soon?  How the hell do you justify trading the entire damn franchise away because you were too stupid to go out and get an outfielder and some starting pitchers.  Now the stands will be emptier than ever.  Its deader than 4:00 there unless the Yankees are in town and their fans buy up the place.  Not like they are going anywhere either.  With all of their damn money and thieving.  Boston and Houston likely will be the ALCS unless Cleveland or Oakland  can do something.  I know the Yankees are not good  enough.  The Dodgers really piss me off.  LOADED WITH TALENT.  But not playing like it.  I hope our Orioles do not lose the franchise?  I am worried. Thanks Angelos you prick.  And you too Duquette you stupid fuck.  Before Matt Wieters left, we were good enough on the field to win the whole thing but we know we did not have the starters to win.  Did he fix it or even try to fix it?  Wade Miley was a sack of garbage and now the guy is winning in Milsqaukee.  When Machado and Schoop left and then Britton, you knew the stands would be  empty.  I am not sure they can recover from this. Angelos is not Terry Pegula.  And these prospects?  They should have gotten more for Manny Machado.  Are you kidding me?  Schoop is already hitting the ball out of the park with the Brewers. I wish them the best.  I loved those guys.  I hate the owner and the GM.  Earl Weaver would have done something to get us over the hump.  I like Buck but I think he put up with too much shit.  How the hell do we survive this?

I'm sorry, did you say something? ;)

We'll be fine.  We've sucked before and we've been good before and that will all happen again.  Stop overthinking everything. Just watch the game. 

The Baltimore Orioles are officially the worst team in Baseball.  52 games out of First Place.  They have only won 37 games and lost a staggering 91 games.  I would be very embarrassed to be a fan of this team this season.

Like Srider ppintrd out, it may be time to seriously consider switching allengiances to a team that may have a chance to at least make it to the Playoffs next year.  I don't envision the Baltimorue Orioles being that Team for decades to come.  Decades.  

Anyone who switches teams due to win/loss is a “fan” I never want to associate with.

Its the Red Sox world and we’re all just living in it. 

Rick, the Yankees are under the mlb luxury tax, btw.  Probably won’t be next season though... ;) 

30 minutes ago, Walter said:

Anyone who switches teams due to win/loss is a “fan” I never want to associate with

This.  If you give up on your team due to the fact that they suck, you're not much of a fan.  

They just said on the TV that the Os have now lost as many games as they did last year.  And I said, that took longer than I thought... ;) 

Walter, I have 2 extra tickets to the game tomorrow night.  Want to join us? :D 

Archived