2018 MLB season thread

LedZeppfan1977

14 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

If you get any news on the O's future plans please pass along.  You are more likely to hear things down there than me.  I feel bad for Buck.  Not his fault. I am cheering for Manny to win

I will let you know if anything happens.  

I'll miss Buck... 

Jesus. I came out of the concert last night and the Dodger game was still going on. 😮

Extra innings...or as ebk likes to say, "Free baseball!"

Manny Machado has definitely been a good pickup for the Dodgers. But man, I had no idea he was such a dirty player. He is pulling some A-Rod type shit in this series. Not cool.

50 minutes ago, Strider said:

Jesus. I came out of the concert last night and the Dodger game was still going on. 😮

Extra innings...or as ebk likes to say, "Free baseball!"

Manny Machado has definitely been a good pickup for the Dodgers. But man, I had no idea he was such a dirty player. He is pulling some A-Rod type shit in this series. Not cool.

This is just bullshit. Calling him dirty over that mickey mouse shit brush on that big ass taco bender

11 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

This is just bullshit. Calling him dirty over that mickey mouse shit brush on that big ass taco bender

That was a total bush-league move on his part.  And it's not the first time he's acted out.  He really needs to think about how all of this looks.  It would be a shame for all the bullshit moves to overshadow his immense talent. 

6 hours ago, ebk said:

That was a total bush-league move on his part.  And it's not the first time he's acted out.  He really needs to think about how all of this looks.  It would be a shame for all the bullshit moves to overshadow his immense talent. 

OK EBK, you are entitled to your opinion.  But every time I see him I wonder how the Orioles could have traded away him and Schoop, guys that don't come around too often.  It makes me worry about the future of our franchise.  It really does.  Then Buck gets whacked and I do not support that either.  Not his fault, Duquette and Angelos put him in  a terrible situation.  If they had kept Nick Markakis and paid for two quality pitchers none of this would have happened.  They were in the ALCS not that far back.  People seem to forget that.  Now its a total rebuild.  I just hope we got a good return for these stars.  Britton included.  Of course Manny is up for sale but he is never coming back to Baltimore.  WE cant afford him and he is going to go to a contender.  Likely stay with LA.  The Dodgers and Braves are my two second fav teams.  So I am all in for the Dodgers.  I think they are blowing Manny's play out of proportion. I have seen far far worse.  It was borderline at worst. The NFL has gotten so ridiculous that the Patsies got a free TD last week because the guy let go of Brady out of fear of being flagged.  Then he runs it in like he made some super play.  Its all out of hand.   Sports in general. You are in a position to call them out on it are you not?  I mean in your profession?  I would start by ripping into the NFL.  Lets hope better days come soon for the O's and pray beyond hope that Manny comes home.  I know he won't though.  GO DODGERS

Baltimore North, Out

Kind of in the same boat as you Rick....X5.  Watching Verlander, Price, Porcello, JD Martinez, Kinsler….it's like a Tiger reunion in the playoffs.  I was happy to see Price get that playoff monkey off his back, but every time I watch a game I think about how close the Tigers came to winning it all with that cast, only to let the opportunity slip away.   That 8 day break between the playoffs and the World Series in 2012 that led to a sweep against the Giants still pisses me off.  :mad:   Not crying (ok I am), it's just that when you root for a small market team, those opportunities usually only happen once or twice in a generation.  

Rick Porcello is a strange one.  Been watching him start since he was 20. You just never know what he's going to give you each time he takes the mound.  He's never had a fastball, but he's one of those guys that will pitch until he's 40 because of it.    

48 minutes ago, Strider said:

Just looked up tix for the World Series games at Dodger Stadium (3,4, and 5)...$700 is the cheapest available. Guess I won't be attending a game. Unless a miracle comes my way.

What a rip. Whatever happened to the 'Knot Hole Gang?'

334simpsonsknotholegang.jpg

8 minutes ago, redrum said:

What a rip. Whatever happened to the 'Knot Hole Gang?'

334simpsonsknotholegang.jpg

Pac Bell Park (or whatever they call San Francisco Giants ballpark these days) is a great place to peek in on a game for free.

On 10/18/2018 at 8:36 AM, Bong-Man said:

Kind of in the same boat as you Rick....X5.  Watching Verlander, Price, Porcello, JD Martinez, Kinsler….it's like a Tiger reunion in the playoffs.  I was happy to see Price get that playoff monkey off his back, but every time I watch a game I think about how close the Tigers came to winning it all with that cast, only to let the opportunity slip away.   That 8 day break between the playoffs and the World Series in 2012 that led to a sweep against the Giants still pisses me off.  :mad:   Not crying (ok I am), it's just that when you root for a small market team, those opportunities usually only happen once or twice in a generation.  

Rick Porcello is a strange one.  Been watching him start since he was 20. You just never know what he's going to give you each time he takes the mound.  He's never had a fastball, but he's one of those guys that will pitch until he's 40 because of it.    

Its pretty sad watching all of our former players that our teams raised and molded into great players only to have them all taken away.  The market and an asshole owner play into it in our situation.  I am not as familiar with the Tigers situation.  But I sure know that those guys were Tigers.  Just the 5 you mentioned if still in Tiger uniforms likely makes you a contender big time.  Seeing Machado and Schoop was a bit too much last night.  The Dodgers and Braves are my second favorite teams, the only other teams I cheer for.  KC also had their share of ex players in last nights game 7.  Free agency sure ruined loyalty in sports.  You cant buy a sports jersey with a name on it any more.  Just imagine all those Machado jersey's in Baltimore.  

Anyway, Go Dodgers!!! I am going to go look up to see if the Dodgers have ever met Boston in a series?  I would think not. Even when in Brooklyn I do not think the Red Sox were very good then?  

Your Tigers actually played pretty well considering.  I have no idea what Baltimore will look like next year?  No idea who the manager will be?  I know one thing, the Dodgers are scary good.  Just imagine Harper joining this team?  And that kid they have coming in that is another huge prospect.  The one we DID NOT GET FOR MANNY MACHADO.  Nice work Duquettte.

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Its pretty sad watching all of our former players that our teams raised and molded into great players only to have them all taken away.  The market and an asshole owner play into it in our situation.  I am not as familiar with the Tigers situation.  But I sure know that those guys were Tigers.  Just the 5 you mentioned if still in Tiger uniforms likely makes you a contender big time.  Seeing Machado and Schoop was a bit too much last night.  The Dodgers and Braves are my second favorite teams, the only other teams I cheer for.  KC also had their share of ex players in last nights game 7.  Free agency sure ruined loyalty in sports.  You cant buy a sports jersey with a name on it any more.  Just imagine all those Machado jersey's in Baltimore.  

Anyway, Go Dodgers!!! I am going to go look up to see if the Dodgers have ever met Boston in a series?  I would think not. Even when in Brooklyn I do not think the Red Sox were very good then?  

Your Tigers actually played pretty well considering.  I have no idea what Baltimore will look like next year?  No idea who the manager will be?  I know one thing, the Dodgers are scary good.  Just imagine Harper joining this team?  And that kid they have coming in that is another huge prospect.  The one we DID NOT GET FOR MANNY MACHADO.  Nice work Duquettte.

Just read this..

They met in 1916.. Babe Ruth was pitching for Boston. 

23 hours ago, the chase said:

Just read this..

They met in 1916.. Babe Ruth was pitching for Boston. 

Read what Chase?  I think you intended to insert a link?  I do not see it?  But thanks for the info.  It could not have been the LA Dodgers.  Were they in Brooklyn then?  Who won?

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Read what Chase?  I think you intended to insert a link?  I do not see it?  But thanks for the info.  It could not have been the LA Dodgers.  Were they in Brooklyn then?  Who won?

No, Sorry Rick .. I just read (red) this... about 20 minutes before I read your question.. 

I would imagine in Brooklyn in 1916..  

2 what?  Did you say Yoots?

20 minutes ago, Strider said:

The 1916 World Series featured the Brooklyn Robins vs. Boston Red Sox.

The Dodgers of either Brooklyn or L.A. never faced the Red Sox in the World Series. Until now.

It’s tough when the Yankees are kicking your ass decade after decade... 😉 :lol: 

Just now, Walter said:

It’s tough when the Yankees are kicking your ass decade after decade... 😉 :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Strider said:

The 1916 World Series featured the Brooklyn Robins vs. Boston Red Sox.

The Dodgers of either Brooklyn or L.A. never faced the Red Sox in the World Series. Until now.

Interesting.. it looks like they used a whole bunch of different names till they settled on The Dodgers.. Same franchise though..

Archived