2018 MLB season thread

LedZeppfan1977

51 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Thanks. While your at it try and get a shot of the Hope diamond at the Smithsonian.  I believe its there?

Yes, it is. Not sure I’ll see it. It’s my sons trip, so I’m letting him choose what he wants to check out. I’ve seen it before. Nice rock!

7 hours ago, Walter said:

Yes, it is. Not sure I’ll see it. It’s my sons trip, so I’m letting him choose what he wants to check out. I’ve seen it before. Nice rock!

Oh yes.  If you get a chance please take a quick cell shot?  So your son is calling the shots ?  I know there are several Smithsonian museums.  Should be fabulous.  Let me know if they have any really good dinosaur fossils?  like the T Rex they rebuilt in Chicago?  Or any artifacts brought up from shipwrecks.  I watch that movie Black Sea and it makes me want to turn into a treasure hunter.  Those Gold bullion bricks are worth 1/2 a million $ each.  You should see some great stuff.  Have fun.  

Not sure if the MLB lineups are final yet?  Waiting for the thread to go up and the World Cup thread that our English pal is going to run for us.  Have fun Walter.  

PS  The draft is in Dallas this year.  April

38 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Oh yes.  If you get a chance please take a quick cell shot?  So your son is calling the shots ?  I know there are several Smithsonian museums.  Should be fabulous.  Let me know if they have any really good dinosaur fossils?  like the T Rex they rebuilt in Chicago?  Or any artifacts brought up from shipwrecks.  I watch that movie Black Sea and it makes me want to turn into a treasure hunter.  Those Gold bullion bricks are worth 1/2 a million $ each.  You should see some great stuff.  Have fun.  

Not sure if the MLB lineups are final yet?  Waiting for the thread to go up and the World Cup thread that our English pal is going to run for us.  Have fun Walter.  

PS  The draft is in Dallas this year.  April

Check the random pictures thread - there’s a surprise for you there...

Hey Rick, did you watch today's Cardinals vs. Orioles spring training game?  Your Orioles blew an 8 run lead in the 7th inning. It was 9-1 when the 7th inning began.   One Cardinal hitter hit 2 home runs in that inning..  The Cardinals ended up winning 10-9.  Good game.  

On 2/28/2018 at 7:20 PM, kingzoso said:

Hey Rick, did you watch today's Cardinals vs. Orioles spring training game?  Your Orioles blew an 8 run lead in the 7th inning. It was 9-1 when the 7th inning began.   One Cardinal hitter hit 2 home runs in that inning..  The Cardinals ended up winning 10-9.  Good game.  

I was wondering how long it would take for you to rub my nose in that shit.  Who the fuck was pitching?  George Plimpton?  I saw 9-1 Orioles and was about to let you have it but then thought better of it being that its pre season.  When I saw the score an hour later I could not believe my fucking eyes.  Not that it matters.  I checked the single A lineup Buck tossed in there and did not feel as bad.  One guy for Baltimore that is really hitting is Middleton?  I think that is his name?  Not sure where he came from.  Its hard to keep track.  The big news is Machado and whether he stays an Oriole or not?  It might depend on whether we are in the race near the deadline.  I expect a 20 game lead in cruise control.  LOL

I understand the Red Sox wanting J.D. Martinez for DH.  He's become a student of the game, and becomes a better hitter every year because of it.  However he's hardly an outfield liability.  Put him in right field and with his arm he can hit any base accurately on the fly.  He was leading the AL in outfield assists at one point during 2015.

Tigers should have moved Fulmer during the off-season.  Curious how loyal the younger generation is going to be to the Tigers during this lengthy rebuild.  Their $75 dollar tickets better morph into $20 bucks and a free piece of shitty pizza, or there's going to be a lot of empty seats.  Especially if they're 20 games back by the time school lets out in June....which they will be.  

• 3 weeks later...

Well I know pre season does not usually translate into that much, especially in football, but in baseball its some indication.  My Orioles are killing the baseball and are winning games of late.  The Yankees do not impress me one bit.  If nobody starts the baseball thread by Sunday I am putting my selections in now on this thread.  I have to undergo a medical surgery Monday and not sure if I  will be able to do it when the time comes and when Paul or Sean gets around to it?  Here are my picks

AL East     Baltimore

AL Central   Chicago White Sox

Al West    Houston

Wild Cards      Cleveland and Boston

NL East  Washington

NL Central   Chicago Cubs

NL West Los Angeles Dodgers

Wild cards     Milwaukee and Colorado

Rick, I love you, but you're delusional... :)  Good luck with your upcoming medical issue!!

I'm just hoping we can make it to Florida tomorrow to meet up with the Walters and watch some baseball.  We're expecting 8 or so inches of snow so we'll see if we can fly out around noon tomorrow.  Not looking too good at the moment... 

Welcome to Spring Training!  Had a lovely evening chatting with the fabulous Walter family (and not watching that game :) ). They have all the comprising pictures with them... ;)

IMG_20180321_1915412.jpg

2 hours ago, ebk said:

Welcome to Spring Training!  Had a lovely evening chatting with the fabulous Walter family (and not watching that game :) ). They have all the comprising pictures with them... ;)

IMG_20180321_1915412.jpg

It was a wonderful evening with you as well! Hope you enjoy the rest of your time down there. Have a great dinner tonight! 

S has the pictures, btw, so we’ll have to see how they turned out! 🤪 :lol: 

On 3/22/2018 at 11:16 AM, ebk said:

IMG_20180321_1915412.jpg

Nice to know you all had a nice meeting.  Now things are about to start in the big leagues for real.  I am very confident in our team. We have a 5 man rotation with a very good bullpen and we have Britton coming back around May ish. We are going to be right there.  I could care less what the so called experts rate us.  They are full of it. Our spring training has gone very well.  Especially the second half.  Go O's!!!!!!!

I am having my hip done Monday and see no contest page yet.   So I am going to put my entries here again and hope Paul or Sean find them.  In case I am not able to use a PC for a while.

AL East  Baltimore

AL Central   Chicago White Sox

AL West  Houston

wild cards Cleveland and Boston

NL East  Washington

NL Central   Chicago Cubs

NL West  Los Angeles Dodgers

wild cards Milwaukee and Colorado

2 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Opening Day tomorrow.  I am excited.  Good Luck to everyone's favorite team(a) and to my Saint Louis Cardinals.  

Even though the Cubs are picked across the board, the so called experts are giving lots of love to your Cardinals.  They are around 9th in early power rankings while my underated Orioles are around 20 on ESPN at least.  But they always pick us to fail.  All of the seasons Buck got them into the playoffs we were picked to finish dead last.  I do not know how they see it like that given the talent especially on the infield and in the bullpen on this team and now a 5 man rotation is in place that I can put some hope in.  Thank God Jiminez is gone. Britton will be back in May.   So I not only like the Orioles to surprise, I like the White Sox to surprise big time.

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Even though the Cubs are picked across the board, the so called experts are giving lots of love to your Cardinals.  They are around 9th in early power rankings while my underated Orioles are around 20 on ESPN at least.  But they always pick us to fail.  All of the seasons Buck got them into the playoffs we were picked to finish dead last.  I do not know how they see it like that given the talent especially on the infield and in the bullpen on this team and now a 5 man rotation is in place that I can put some hope in.  Thank God Jiminez is gone. Britton will be back in May.   So I not only like the Orioles to surprise, I like the White Sox to surprise big time.

I will be rooting for the Chicago White Sox way more than the Chicago Cubs.  Since I grew up as a kid in Houston, Texas, I will also be following the 2017 World Series Champions, the Astros.

I will say this now:  whatever the final outcome of this 2018 season is regardless of what team wins or loses, My belief, faith and loyalty to the Saint Louis Cardinals will never, ever waiver.  

Good Luck to All!!

Edited to add:

I have never said this before but here is a list of teams that I wouldn't mind doing good (winning) this Baseball season:

Arizona

Cleveland

Detroit

Kansas City

Minnesota

Philadelphia

San Diego

Tampa Bay

Texas.

1 hour ago, kingzoso said:

I will be rooting for the Chicago White Sox way more than the Chicago Cubs.  Since I grew up as a kid in Houston, Texas, I will also be following the 2017 World Series Champions, the Astros.

I will say this now:  whatever the final outcome of this 2018 season is regardless of what team wins or loses, My belief, faith and loyalty to the Saint Louis Cardinals will never, ever waiver.  

Good Luck to All!!

Edited to add:

I have never said this before but here is a list of teams that I wouldn't mind doing good (winning) this Baseball season:

Arizona

Cleveland

Detroit

Kansas City

Minnesota

Philadelphia

San Diego

Tampa Bay

Texas.

I think Detroit and Texas are in for long seasons. And after losing Hosmer maybe KC too

Archived