2018 MLB season thread

LedZeppfan1977

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Mets in 1st place. Obviously, no reason to throw confetti yet, I just like the feeling...

:whistling:

Me too Paul! 

They are 4-1 but Card and Phils will not be the most competitive teams this year.  But they're still wins regardless.

Nice five inning showing for Harvey and looked great.  Good up Mets to keep his innings down at this stage of season.  Perhaps Mets made right choice in manager with Mickey as he seems to know his stuff.  Many who have worked with him or a player with him like Jay Bruce have a lot of respect for him.  We'll see what he produces.  But you have to have the talent as well to do so.  Mets may have it.

Big series with Nats and Mets need to send a message and not look back.  Like what they did to Nats back in 205 in NY after getting Cespedes and the Wilmer saga.  Not sure if the Mets can win the division from the Nats but a WC is a good possiblity.  Long year and looking forward to a great season!  Saturday's game may get snowed out in D.C.!:wtf:

On 4/2/2018 at 8:06 PM, Walter said:

Less than 2 weeks ago...the Walter family with the always lovely and amazing ebk:

It was a lovely evening - thanks for the beer!!   I do wish the beautiful sunset had been captured in the pic.   It was great meeting Walter Junior - he's a pistol!!  And always great seeing you and the lovely Mrs. Walter.  Can't wait for next time.

And now for something a bit more current... Go Os!!!!!  A fabulous game tonight...  :D 

Yankees getting slaughtered by the Red Sox tonight. For ebk and Rick, that's a glass half-full, half-empty situation. When is Stanton going to bust out of his slump? But it's still early...no need to panic if you are a Yankee fan. Right, Walter?

I was hoping to see Ohtani pitch yesterday but the typical Kansas Shitty weather postponed the game.

Still too early to properly evaluate Shohei Ohtani and know whether he can keep this up for a whole season. But, the remarkable thing about him is not that he is (so far) excelling at pitching and hitting. 

No, what is amazing is that nobody stopped him and made him focus on one or the other.

There are plenty of players, past and present, that could have been two-way players. But the system in place in American baseball never allowed that to happen. They force players early on into a "pitcher or everyday player?" choice.

Well, this early you can't get too up or down, but why the hell am I picking the G-Men every year in the West.  :rolleyes:

At least the Nats are in the basement--so far--cheers... 

:D

Yeah, we're not even out of April yet.

Well, this early you can't get too up or down, but why the hell am I picking the G-Men every year in the West.  :rolleyes:

They never seem to be able to get a winning streak going to get out of the hole. LA can stay there as far as I'm concerned. :sarcastic_hand:

Down in a hole, feelin' so small
Down in a hole, losin' my soul

Boston at Angels for a three game series in which we should find out a little more about each team and how real they are in relation to their hot starts.

David Price vs. Shohei Ohtani tonight.

Hey, Ricky.  I am not trying to antagonize you but your Orioles are 5-12.  7 games under .500. 

My Cardinals are 10-7.  The Cubs are currently 7-8.  I know that it is still way to early in the Baseball season to make any assumptions but it must not feel to good to be a die-hard Orioles fan at this moment. 

Any long diatribe of a comment on how the Baltimore Orioles are still going to win the 2018 World Series?

Rick, Orioles have lost 5 games in a row.  They are  at a very losing record, 5-13.  

The Saint Louis Cardinals are in second place in the National League Central.  

Your Orioles are in last place.  How do you defend that?

On 4/18/2018 at 2:01 PM, Anjin-san said:

Sean,it's fookin' April,if you know what I mean.:P

Yeah, but don't tell me you aren't sky-high after the Red Sox swept the Angels. Not to mention that the Bruins and Celtics are doing well in the playoffs while the Kings and Ducks got swept out and we didn't even have a team in the NBA playoffs. You've got the upper-hand right now.

9 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

^  ^

....And swept by the Tigers no less.  Orioles have some pitching problems.

As in we only have 1 starting pitcher.  And very little offense.  Otherwise, we're doing great... 

Archived