2018 MLB season thread

LedZeppfan1977

So stoked! Just picked up 3 tix for the Yankees/Red Sox game at the stadium for July 1, while we’re in NYC. First trip to the new one, for me. 

Nice 3-0 win, in 13, last night for the Yanks. 

22 hours ago, Walter said:

So stoked! Just picked up 3 tix for the Yankees/Red Sox game at the stadium for July 1, while we’re in NYC. First trip to the new one, for me. 

Nice 3-0 win, in 13, last night for the Yanks. 

Awesome dude! Hope you get a great game.

21 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

Have fun Walter!

the weekend is in sight now we just dgaf 16 The weekend is in sight, now we just DGAF (52 Photos)

And what, pray tell, is that magnificent-looking concoction?

One mistake by Jake tonight against the Yanks with Brett and as usual it cost the Mets the game. They just can't score runs and DeGrom pitched well into the 8th. 

They need to think about the amazing start and what they did so well and compare what is going wrong and why they aren't winning.  Starting pitching has generally been ok.  They were hitting ok earlier but not great.  They won a lot of close games, fewer errors and the relief was exceptionally better than it is now.  Well the injuries are now taking their toll as usual and a big part of the problem as the last several years even though they replaced their entire medical staff!  Go figure!

Any ideas or how to alleviate this and get their way back Paul?  I'm relying on you as a diehard Met fan like myself.

I will be going to CitiField twice next week and best as not for the Met's but two Dead and Company shows and won't have to worry about the outcome!

^^ Honestly, I have not watched the Mets in weeks--I'll take a wild guess and say the usual, a lack of everything--hitting, pitching, relief; the usual shit. Maybe the fanbase is already calling for the manager to be shanghaied.  

I'll just watch the Astros and try not to cry about the Mets going down the drain. 32 years and counting; Mookie Wilson, where art thou?

🙄

Agreed Paul with the exception of Jake tonight who pitched quite well into the 8th.  Gave up one run earlier but just a mistake to Brett, for a 2 run HR, which just cleared the RF wall.  Need to score runs.  I haven't been watching them much either and first game this week.  Pretty sad when you get swept by the O's and then you know how bad you are.

Sorry Rick and EBK.

On 6/9/2018 at 12:30 AM, SuperDave said:

Agreed Paul with the exception of Jake tonight who pitched quite well into the 8th.  Gave up one run earlier but just a mistake to Brett, for a 2 run HR, which just cleared the RF wall.  Need to score runs.  I haven't been watching them much either and first game this week.  Pretty sad when you get swept by the O's and then you know how bad you are.

Sorry Rick and EBK.

Yeah, LOL.  This season is a nightmare on top of a nightmare.  I never saw this coming.  I wonder if their is mutiny in the clubhouse?  They seem to be playing a bit better but its a lost cause of course.  Machado is the one exception.  He has been solid.  I do not know what it means down the road?  Do they trade him?  Does Duquette get the axe?  Showalter probably cant wait for the season to end.  I am a bit surprised he has not been fired.  I canceled my MLB account in April.  I have not watched a game since then.  I just cannot support this crap.  They make the playoffs 3 of last 6 years and then this?  What is going on?  Its not just the starting pitching.  They are not hitting and at times I wonder if they have quit on Buck.  I just do not get it. On paper they are not as bad as those late 80 teams that stunk up the joint after the Series win in 83.

On 6/10/2018 at 5:09 PM, Anjin-san said:

Excuses are like assholes,...

Rick won' respond to that.  He is too embarrassed to.  The Baltimore Orioles have played 66 games and still have not won over 20 so far.  

19-47.  The Orioles are by far the worst team (so far) this 2018 Baseball season.  

On 6/13/2018 at 12:15 AM, kingzoso said:

Rick won' respond to that.  He is too embarrassed to.  The Baltimore Orioles have played 66 games and still have not won over 20 so far.  

19-47.  The Orioles are by far the worst team (so far) this 2018 Baseball season.  

Stinking Cardinals never win when I need them to.  I bet the bastards last night on a parlay.  Rip.  The Braves are back in the saddle.  Good to see.  My second fav along with the Dodgers.

8 hours ago, Walter said:

That wasn’t the weed talking, was it? Lol!

😉 high in the Rockies!   It tasted just like Sabrett ( NYC dogs ) but twice the size.  Although I did have the munchies.... lol

This is a $20 buck seat at Comerica Park.  Not a bad deal at all.  A couple years of 100 + losses and they'll probably throw in a coke and a piece of shitty pizza too.  Bud Light, Miller Light, and Coors Light.....Come on man, we're not all on a diet !

20180614_131805.jpg

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

This is a $20 buck seat at Comerica Park.  Not a bad deal at all.  A couple years of 100 + losses and they'll probably throw in a coke and a piece of shitty pizza too.  Bud Light, Miller Light, and Coors Light.....Come on man, we're not all on a diet !

20180614_131805.jpg

At least the Tigers are playing like a rebuilding team.  The Orioles are playing like a train wreck

On 6/10/2018 at 5:09 PM, Anjin-san said:
On 6/14/2018 at 8:28 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Stinking Cardinals never win when I need them to.  I bet the bastards last night on a parlay.  Rip.  The Braves are back in the saddle.  Good to see.  My second fav along with the Dodgers.

The Cardinals got killed last night by the Cubs.

A True Baseball Fan stands by Their team no matter how bad their team is currently playing.  

I do believe that Rick is only a Die-hard Orioles fan when they are playing okay or just playing mediocre.  This year the Orioles are the Worst Team in Major League Baseball.  He has given up all Hope (and with total justification), however if it were My Cardinals I would NEVER give up and dismiss an entire Baseball team way before tbe All-star Game.  

Edite to add; the Baltimore Orioles have lost 8 straight games in a row.  

17 hours ago, kingzoso said:

The fact that I still admit to being an Orioles fan for life is enough King.  You should realize that.  Right now I am more into the World Cup.  It comes around every 4 years like the Olympics.  Why dont you lay off.  Your team is not winning anything either

Archived