Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Boleskinner

Planet Rock interview: 50th celeb Page

Recommended Posts

Apparently there's an interview with Page in the latest Planet Rock magazine about the 50th celebration and he "clues us in" about upcoming events to mark it.

"With the quartet set to celebrate their 50th anniversary this summer, our epic 22 page cover story centres around a world exclusive interview with guitarist and band leader Jimmy Page as he reflects upon the magical spell the band cast across the globe and clues us in on some exciting upcoming Zeppelin plans." 

I suspect it will be suitably vague, but has anyone read it?

Delete if all already posted in another thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

Apparently there's an interview with Page in the latest Planet Rock magazine about the 50th celebration and he "clues us in" about upcoming events to mark it.

"With the quartet set to celebrate their 50th anniversary this summer, our epic 22 page cover story centres around a world exclusive interview with guitarist and band leader Jimmy Page as he reflects upon the magical spell the band cast across the globe and clues us in on some exciting upcoming Zeppelin plans." 

I suspect it will be suitably vague, but has anyone read it?

Delete if all already posted in another thread.

Quartet?? When I was at school that meant 4. Doubt the drummer will be celebrating.

Q: "So Jimmy are you excited about re releasing the studio albums (again) to mark the 50th anniversary"?

A: "Sure. They have been given a further remaster by an Aussie called Black Dog"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Music Week published snippets of the interview on their website: http://www.musicweek.com/media/read/i-very-much-doubt-we-ll-do-anything-else-jimmy-page-tells-planet-rock-about-led-zeppelin-touring-future-and-new-live-album/071473

This particular passage caught my eye:

Quote

In the interview, Page also reveals that there'll be a brand new Led Zeppelin live album released at some point this year and says he foresees that there'll be 'new' Led Zeppelin product emerging over the next 10 years.

“I can't give the game away, but there's a recording that’s another multi-track that we'll release,” said Page. “It's so different to all the other things that are out there. It's another view compared to How The West Was Won or The Song Remains The Same. I'm looking forward to people hearing that. There's a lot of stuff to come out, a number of releases. I'd like to say that they'll be coming out over the next 10 years. There's more to come for sure.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kevinrm15 said:

Sounds like Earls Court to me.

That would be GREAT. And since he said multiple releases, some other shows or compilations.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Kevinrm15 said:

Sounds like Earls Court to me.

Hopefully not. Pre 1973 would be the best IMO. Plant is too off on Earls Court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

In the interview, Page also reveals that there'll be a brand new Led Zeppelin live album released at some point this year and says he foresees that there'll be 'new' Led Zeppelin product emerging over the next 10 years.

“I can't give the game away, but there's a recording that’s another multi-track that we'll release,” said Page. “It's so different to all the other things that are out there. It's another view compared to How The West Was Won or The Song Remains The Same. I'm looking forward to people hearing that. There's a lot of stuff to come out, a number of releases. I'd like to say that they'll be coming out over the next 10 years. There's more to come for sure.”

What???????  .......coming out over the next 10 years???- he will/would be 84 at the end of that period- very optimistic, considering his healthy lifestyle at younger ages, + none of us is getting any younger either.

Seems like he will be releasing his Live- anthology- project at last.

"Another view compared to HTWWW or TSRTS" could be a hint that it is either a very early show (I`d love it), or an extremely late show (God help me). Sadly,  it certainly does not refer to an upcoming 2018 release of How The East Was Won.

Dear Empress Valley, please don`t let me down.............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sixpense said:

Sounds like he is following what Grateful Dead has been doing. I look forward to the releases.

Could be true as JP mentions a number of releases over the next ten years but only specifies only one multi track release!  Could be he may use soundboards for the future.  My guess is the multi track will be this year, which seems obvious and the SBs in the coming years.  We shall see.  Would love to see him do something like Dick's Picks as the GD have done for many years with some amazing shows.  Most notably was the Cornell University shows from 1977 released last year.  Not just one but several shows which can be purchased in several formats in compilations and the full set of shows.  Perhaps, he may see the light if this comes to be.  But, not sure as JP has just released multi tracks when it comes to live Zep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, zeplz71 said:

  Hoping for some new video as well.

Video is all I’m hoping for.  Already tons of audio stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So remind me.... All of EC was multi-tracked??

723d80dc7be301c3f34ed2f792e46e84.jpg

5a82e4771b865.jpg

Edited by The Rover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

What???????  .......coming out over the next 10 years???- he will/would be 84 at the end of that period- very optimistic, considering his healthy lifestyle at younger ages, + none of us is getting any younger either.

Seems like he will be releasing his Live- anthology- project at last.

"Another view compared to HTWWW or TSRTS" could be a hint that it is either a very early show (I`d love it), or an extremely late show (God help me). Sadly,  it certainly does not refer to an upcoming 2018 release of How The East Was Won.

Dear Empress Valley, please don`t let me down.............

Why does it 'certainly not' refer to a Japan '71 release?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm personally hoping for a full remastered Knebworth 8/4/79 with a full video blu-ray release (like the few Knebworth tracks on Led Zeppelin DVD), but somehow I doubt it, or maybe even either of the 2 1979 Knebworth warm-up gigs from Copenhagen 79. I've had enough of the early stuff already.

I'd love a 24/96 remastered transfer of the original TSTRS release from 1976 (with the full No Quarter solo, one of his best ever), not the 2003 Kevin Shirley version, which was cool too, but there's something extra great about the original TSRTS 1976 soundtrack exactly as it was, especially WLL.

But more than anything, I want new Page solo material, you know he's got tons of stuff. He should be putting up newer unreleased tracks on his website, demo's he's working on, etc, instead of the same old "on this day I played with Led Zeppelin at...", which was cool at first but it's all repeats now.

Edited by Tea41

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In that Uncut interview, when Jimmy was asked 'are there any surviving live multi-track tapes from the Japan 1971 tour?', he said: 'Maybe. But not for now.'
Does that suggest that yes, there are, and that Jimmy had plans for them somewhere down the line...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mook said:

Why does it 'certainly not' refer to a Japan '71 release?

"It's so different to all the other things that are out there. It's another view compared to How The West Was Won or The Song Remains The Same."

I really don´t think that Jimmy Page would describe Japan 1971  as "so different" & "another view" compared to HTWWW. Early 68-69 or late 77-80 concerts would fit better IMO.

Believe me, I would be the happiest man in the world if I am wrong, and he releases every inch of tape that was recorded in Japan 1971.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A decade that fans will have to wait?  Who can't like that Jimmy Page has longevity on the  
brain now that he's in his happy golden grampy years.  Good for him!   I want to believe the
man is all immortal and wizardly too, 
:witch:  but WOW he is foreshadowing  Zeppelin stuff to be
released ten years from now?  Good God I hate that and love that at the same time ha-ha 
:lol:


I don't want to be the one who poops at the party,  but have to ask:  Are these releases more
about quantity over quality?  You have to wonder when they start scraping the bottom of
the barrel.  I bet for Page,  Plant and Jones 10 years ago some of this stuff would not have
been considered.  Fast forward to their golden anniversary.  They might as well dig down and
start releasing the wartiest of the warts.  For example Bonham ate a monkey load of  bananas
before some European gig in '80.  There's probably a fan out there who wants to see receipts for
that.   #ReleaseTheBananaFootage  
:banana: 


One thing for sure I got from that little Planet Rock excerpt.  Page will state he is much too
busy putting together these decade long awaited Led Zeppelin goody-bags,   if asked about his
lack of live playing or solo projects.   Fair enough,   I'm sure I'll be a very happy camper at the
end of the day.  :) 

 

Edited by KellyGirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They can call this series, Led Zeppelin: 10 years gone or Whole Lotta Live. :elvis2:

R😀👍

Edited by reids

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Page interview is disappointing again. Agree that it gives him a "reason" to not do anything novel. I can't understand  how someone so creative is just happy to sit on past laurels. Why doesn't he just say he is retired!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He appears to be in a no win situation. If he records any solo material it’ll be a let down sales wise compared to Led Zeppelin. If he appears and plays any people will want a full on Zeppelin reunion (and he’ll have no privacy).. Without Robert and Bonham (RIP) it won’t happen (again). His only role at this point in his life (70s) is as elder statesman / curator / historian  of all things Led Zeppelin. Let him / others enjoy that this 50th Anniversary (year).  :elvis2:

R😎

Edited by reids

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reids said:

He appears to be in a no win situation. If he records any solo material it’ll be a let down sales wise compared to Led Zeppelin. If he appears and plays any people will want a full on Zeppelin reunion (and he’ll have no privacy).. Without Robert and Bonham (RIP) it won’t happen (again). His only role at this point in his life (70s) is as elder statesman / curator / historian  of all things Led Zeppelin. Let him / others enjoy that this 50th Anniversary (year).  :elvis2:

R😎

That's all well and dandy, except Page has been spinning a yarn for years about getting back out there "next year", so he's brought it on himself.

The boy who cried wolf.

And the uncharitable might even say Page has been using the "next year" line to create a headline and generate more publicity for the reissues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...