Graf Zeppelin's "Definitive Beach Party" - Soundboard of Moby Dick?

ZepHead315

Earlier today on Black Beauty, a new release of the 6/27/72 show popped up. Done by Graf Zeppelin and titled "Definitive Beach Party", ordinarily I'd just see this as another release and nothing more. However, one particular thing caught my eye on the back cover:

GZ-010B.jpg

It seems to indicate that Moby Dick is sourced from a soundboard recording, which is strange because I thought the only songs that were leaked from this show that weren't AUD sources were the unedited multi-tracks of What Is and What Should Never Be and Dancing Days, both of which appeared on Scorpio's "Studio Daze". I'm, of course, discounting the tracks on HTWWW. That's why I'm puzzled here. Unfortunately, the Black Beauty sample doesn't include Moby Dick, but for anyone who has more information, what's the story here? Is Moby Dick just the LA version from HTWWW? Is it from a soundboard of 6/27? Is it another multi-track leak? Is it just bullshit labeling?

6 minutes ago, badgeholder said:

Moby Dick was one of the tracks released way back when, along with the other two, just on a different release than Studio Daze. I think it was on "One More Daze". Not sure it was complete, either. 

Huh, I never knew that. The version on Black Beauty only has the other two. I guess that would explain why the extra disc has a blending of "soundboard" and "audience" for Moby Dick.

Moby Dick from Long Beach Arena was released on One More Daze(Dynamite Studio) in 1992. It was not complete, clocking in at 18 minutes, it cut out a bit before the outro. The same great quality as the  other two LB tracks on Studio Daze.

20 minutes ago, duckman said:

Moby Dick from Long Beach Arena was released on One More Daze(Dynamite Studio) in 1992. It was not complete, clocking in at 18 minutes, it cut out a bit before the outro. The same great quality as the  other two LB tracks on Studio Daze.

Well, I'm an idiot apparently. I didn't even bother to check Argenteum Astrum before I posted this. Shows you what I know lol. Guess this thread has been rendered pointless now.

Archived