Led Zeppelin will release a limited edition 7” single featuring 2 previously unheard mixes: “Sunset Sound Mix” of “Rock And Roll” and “Olympic Studios Mix” of “Friends.”

sam_webmaster

On 4/14/2018 at 8:53 PM, The Only Way To Fly said:

My buddies and I have been big RSD fans for a long time. Get up super early, drive to Reckless Records on Broadway in Chicago. Last year we were number 4, 5 and 6 in line. This years list seems to be pretty good. Below are my top picks. 

Sundays - Reading, Writing & Math
Courtney Barnett - Sea of Split Peas
Jeff Buckley - Live at Sin-e box
Brian Eno with Kevin Shields - The Weight of History 
Uncle Tupelo - No Depression Demos
Wilco - Live
Tia Blake - Demos 
Various Artists - Performances from Monterey Pop Fest

The Zeppelin 45 is not on my list because I rarely play 45's and based upon Page's reissues over the last couple of years, I don't think the tracks will be all that interesting. If he were to include false starts, studio chatter, and rehearsals I'd be all over it.  

Good list, I like the description of the Various Artists - Performances from Monterey Pop Fest in double red & yellow marbled vinyl and numbered, nice.

13 hours ago, zeplz71 said:

Looking foward to this!

lz.thumb.jpg.046be758898858cfed312aff61e956cf.jpg

pic from South Records

Me too, I saw a picture on Led Zep News of a store display holder for the 45s, I think I will ask my store if it has the display if they'll sell it.

^^I could be wrong, but from past RSDs if I remember correctly I think the prices never became available until the morning of RSD. Usually while waiting in line everybody is surfing the web with their phones getting prices as they (the prices) start becoming available online. The prices always seem to become available 2-4 hours or so beforehand of our store opening.  I'm guessing that it won't be more than $15. As to how limited it's going to be, no clue yet.

29 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

50 bucks for a copy on ebay shipped from Melbourne.

A bit too much.....

That's 3 times the lowest retail cost I've seen.. Ranging from only $12 to 15 Euros at stores.

One happy Pilot here! Pleased I got in the queue before 7am this morning! Paid £12.99.

There were already about 20-30 folk already queuing and the record store only had 12 copies of the Zeppelin single for sale. The store owner walked down the line before he opened the doors and asked everyone what they intended to buy. By the time he got to myself he informed me I should be OK as he'd counted 6 or 7 sales ahead of me in the queue. Phew! After the owner reached the end of the line, he promptly re-appeared and brought complimentary bacon sandwiches for the first 50 or so customers. Nice touch. Happy days! 

20180421_092221.jpg

I got to my record store at 1:45 am, and the guy that I met and beat last time in line to being first in line was already there and he said "I told you I would beat you this time" and we both laughed saying we're the only hardcore rsd enthusiasts around. A couple of hours later a guy from Tokyo shows up talking about record shops in Tokyo, and all over the world. Then a female arrived and talked about music releases in depth, as well as a lot of artists she had seen. It was fun.

I was able to get the Led Zeppelin 45 and also another Led Zeppelin related release; "The Dream Syndicate - How We Found Ourselves...Everywhere" which includes the 2017 performance of "How Did I Find Myself Here" in Vadso, Norway featuring John Paul Jones on purple lap steel!

I was going to try to see about getting a Led Zeppelin display box, but my store did not have one.

10 hours ago, Pilot of the Storm said:

One happy Pilot here! Pleased I got in the queue before 7am this morning! Paid £12.99.

There were already about 20-30 folk already queuing and the record store only had 12 copies of the Zeppelin single for sale. The store owner walked down the line before he opened the doors and asked everyone what they intended to buy. By the time he got to myself he informed me I should be OK as he'd counted 6 or 7 sales ahead of me in the queue. Phew! After the owner reached the end of the line, he promptly re-appeared and brought complimentary bacon sandwiches for the first 50 or so customers. Nice touch. Happy days! 

20180421_092221.jpg

I got mine ok too. I was in the queue at 6.50am FFS!!

Archived