Meeting Robert Plant Before or After his Show?

ledzepfangal3223

Hi!

so I'm pretty new to forums like these and this is a little embarrassing to talk about but...I'm a  girl who is a HUGE Robert fan and I'm lucky enough to have good seats to see him for one of his upcoming shows for his tour for the newest album. It's my first time seeing him live.

I'm just wondering what my chances are of trying to meet the guy. I really just want to thank him for being such an awesome musician. It seems that it's really hard during this current tour to see him before or after the show, I don't go to many concerts so I don't really know how these things work. Anyone mind helping me understand that?

I remember reading on here where a fan met him several times around his hotel. Like... how do you even find his hotel? the guy just seems so careful about that.. That is astonishing to me. Plus I don't  think i want to follow the poor man to his hotel : that's a bit creepy. If I don't get to meet him, it's fine but I just don't get how other people get to since he seems to avoid dealing with fans by the stage door..

Unfortunately there are no meet and greet packages offered on this tour. When I used to follow his tours in the past I would often see him hustled into and out of various modes of transport at the venues but he very seldom stopped to meet and greet the fans who were waiting. In fact, sometimes they'd clear away everyone before bringing him out. I was never keen on hanging around airport terminals and hotel lobbies but those who did often had some success. It doesn't take much sleuthing to deduce which flights are arriving from wherever he's coming from and when, or which hotel he's likely staying at. Personally, I think your easiest option is just to arrive at the venue early, try to find the artists entrance and/or ask for an access pass and hope for the best. Bringing along a very thoughtful gift can be influential in this regard. 

When I got to the Phoenix Symphony Hall a couple of days ago for the show, when I was walking toward the building I walked past the artist entrance and started looking. There was one girl who was sitting there with a bag of vinyls, and I knew she was there for an autograph. I ended up striking a conversation with her, we ended up talking for over a half hour, she was cool as heck! Wish I would have got her number. Her name was Lisa. But we hung out. She told me she heard one of the people say that Robert was already inside, but we stood there anyhow and looked and talked for a while. I did hear one of the people (roadies, whatever, behind the fence) say the white passenger van (with see through windows all around it) was Robert's and/or his band's vehicle, so look out for the white van with see through windows.

Like I said I was talking to Lisa for a while until it was starting to get close to the opening act, and I told her I was going to go in. She said she would be there after the show, and I told her I would too, but for some reason it slipped my mind and I was already in the car when I remembered, oh well. Wish I would have went there afterwards, as I am pretty sure I would have seen him exit. I'm betting the girl I met (Lisa) got an autograph. As Steve A Jones said, the artist's entrance to the building is perhaps your best bet. If you are going to go there before, make sure you get there at least two hours early or maybe three. If after, just go there immediately after the show. Good luck!

I believe Robert is not keen on signing autographs these days. I did meet him after the recent Sheffield (UK) show thanks to a very dear friend giving me a back stage pas, well  wrist band.

Just to say that Robert seemed in good humour and was very funny when he was talking to us, and I then had a long chat with Justin & then Billy joined us all.  Needless to say that made my evening and tour shows.

They were available on the UK leg but I don't know if they are in the US or Oz when they get there.

Archived