We'll have to see how New Orleans looks tonight but if Week 15 showed us anything it is that there are no completely great teams that you can trust to make it all the way to the Super Bowl. Just when you think a team is looking unbeatable they play a stinker of a game and reveal their flaws.

New Orleans, Kansas City, the Lambs, Chargers, New England, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Houston, Chicago, Seattle. Which team would you really trust with your money? All have recently shown that they are beatable.

In the case of Kansas City, New Orleans, and the Rams, it could be a case of peaking too soon. This could be a year where it is the team that gets hot at the right time that gets to the Super Bowl.

15 hours ago, Strider said:

SeaBass didn't want any of that. Hahaha.

He didn't even try to tackle the runner on that runback. The guy weighs 260 pounds for cryin' out loud. I missed that damned play because I was working on our pellet stove.

43 minutes ago, redrum said:

He didn't even try to tackle the runner on that runback. The guy weighs 260 pounds for cryin' out loud. I missed that damned play because I was working on our pellet stove.

What, pray tell, is a pellet stove? What are you, redrum...some kind of Grizzly Addams mountain man?

6 hours ago, Strider said:

We'll have to see how New Orleans looks tonight but if Week 15 showed us anything it is that there are no completely great teams that you can trust to make it all the way to the Super Bowl. Just when you think a team is looking unbeatable they play a stinker of a game and reveal their flaws.

New Orleans, Kansas City, the Lambs, Chargers, New England, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Houston, Chicago, Seattle. Which team would you really trust with your money? All have recently shown that they are beatable.

In the case of Kansas City, New Orleans, and the Rams, it could be a case of peaking too soon. This could be a year where it is the team that gets hot at the right time that gets to the Super Bowl.

Strider, would you care to speculate?
As of the moment, I'd go with the Rams, New Orleans, Pittsburgh and those lucky fuckers, the Chargers.
I wouldn't trust any of these teams with one of Rick's Buffalo nickels.

I'd like to see Tennessee or *gulp*, Cleveland be a monkey in the wrench.

I’d say Chiefs or Chargers in the afc - obviously the Pats are always in the final mix. 

In the NFC I’d have to go with the Saints and Chicago as the favorites. Gurley hurt his knee last night - to what extent, not sure, and Goff has been off. 

3 hours ago, Strider said:

What, pray tell, is a pellet stove? What are you, redrum...some kind of Grizzly Addams mountain man?

It's like a wood stove (which we have in our living room), but instead of using logs for fuel, it uses pellets made of...something (pressed sawdust maybe?).   I love our stove.  Well, I love the idea of our stove, and the fact that it keeps the room quite toasty, but there's that pesky hauling-of-the-logs-in thing...  Could I be lazier? :) 

4 hours ago, Strider said:

More like Euell Gibbons. 😄It's a heater that uses wood pellets (fir). To me it's too complicated with augers, motors, blowers, circuit panels, etc. I'd like to just get back to a regular wood stove.

6 hours ago, ebk said:

It's like a wood stove (which we have in our living room), but instead of using logs for fuel, it uses pellets made of...something (pressed sawdust maybe?).   I love our stove.  Well, I love the idea of our stove, and the fact that it keeps the room quite toasty, but there's that pesky hauling-of-the-logs-in thing...  Could I be lazier? :) 

Pressed sawdust. They don't waste anything. I can't figure out what's wrong with ours so we have a guy coming by on Saturday. He's worked on it before. The wood stove is a lot of work, but the heat is the best. We're just happy that this week will be in the upper 40's and not freezing.

1 hour ago, redrum said:

The Raiders are gettin' outta Dodge.

Sorry Strider.  But you know what?  Chucky actually has them getting better.  He knew it was a process.  Next year who knows?  Just like my Bills, hope runs eternal. We need a receiver from FA because we have a couple good rookies.  One draft pick has to be receiver but offensive line is a must too, Center especially.  The D gets one more pass rusher and we are ready to compete for East.  We had them on the ropes twice and Miami, but the refs wanted us out so they screwed us in typical bullshit NFL officiating fashion. 

On 12/26/2018 at 2:36 PM, Strider said:

Da Raiduhs? Heck no. Read redrum's post again that I was replying to...I am talking about redrum's dreaded Seahawks.

Anything to get a rise out of  you.  lOL.  I know.  Hey, the Raiders are getting better.  A good sign for Gruden and next year. No way does Gruden get fired. I would be shocked. Even though the list is in double digits of firings expected.  Our coach's are not on it.  At least I know McDernott is not.  And should not be.

4 hours ago, ebk said:

Ravens - Woohoo!!!!!!

That's all the enthusiasm I can muster at the moment. :) 

It was hair-raising at the end...visions of the Cincinnati game last year probably popped into every Raven fan's head.

Detroit cracks me up. Of course, now they stomp Green Bay...when the game doesn't mean anything and Stafford can pad some more empty stats. Whenever the game is meaningful, Detroit lays an egg.

Crazy day.  My Cowboys acted like they won the Super Bowl by beating a 5-11 Giants team - with most of our starters in...so short sighted. As usual.

Browns are for real. Just need to get an actual head coach to manage the games better.

Titans would’ve been better off starting an injured Mariota tonight. His left arm would’ve been better than Gabbert’s right was. 

Saints had no heart and the Bucs could not finish a game this year...along with the Giants.

KC is not the same team without Hunt and looks to be an easy target in the 2nd round.

Oakland thought they were getting 2 first rounders this season, but Chicago and Dallas finished so we’ll with their outcasts, it’s more like 2nd rounders for them.

Was today FINALLY Marvin Lewis’ last day as the head coach of the Bengals?

AFC East is its usual train wreck. 1/2 of the coaches fired...

NFC West....🙄

Zimmer should be fired for getting so little out of a very talented Minnesota team. 

Green Bay needs to figure out its o-line and defensive problems before Rodgers is past his prime.

Was today Eli’s last start as a Giant? Is he really HoF material?

New England, another first round bye and setting up for home field advantage and a trip to the SB yet again.  Unless Baltimore stops them...

Looking forward to the playoffs!

On 12/30/2018 at 10:10 PM, Walter said:

Crazy day.  My Cowboys acted like they won the Super Bowl by beating a 5-11 Giants team - with most of our starters in...so short sighted. As usual.

🙄

The Seahawks are bringing their cowboy boots with spurs. GO DALLAS!! 

At least the Niners didn't end up in the cellar.

Browns are for real. Just need to get an actual head coach to manage the games better.

Titans would’ve been better off starting an injured Mariota tonight. His left arm would’ve been better than Gabbert’s right was. 

Saints had no heart and the Bucs could not finish a game this year...along with the Giants.

KC is not the same team without Hunt and looks to be an easy target in the 2nd round.

Oakland thought they were getting 2 first rounders this season, but Chicago and Dallas finished so we’ll with their outcasts, it’s more like 2nd rounders for them.

Was today FINALLY Marvin Lewis’ last day as the head coach of the Bengals?

AFC East is its usual train wreck. 1/2 of the coaches fired...

NFC West....🙄

Zimmer should be fired for getting so little out of a very talented Minnesota team. 

Green Bay needs to figure out its o-line and defensive problems before Rodgers is past his prime.

Was today Eli’s last start as a Giant? Is he really HoF material?

New England, another first round bye and setting up for home field advantage and a trip to the SB yet again.  Unless Baltimore stops them...

Looking forward to the playoffs!

Eight coaches gone. More to follow?

I agree about Mike Zimmer. What a maroon. Although, it was only because of the dumbest defensive play in history by New Orleans last year that the Vikings were even in the Super Bowl conversation. It may be that this is who the Vikings really are...an 8-8/9-7 type team that needs a little luck to get into the playoffs. Kind of like the Lions.

Jon Gruden will get a pass for this year only because he decimated Oakland's present in hopes for the future. His judgement day will come later...after all his draft picks and maneuverings to get "his guys". If he is able to pull a Jimmy Johnson and remake the team, all's well. If not, then the hatchet falls.

But every time Kahlil Mack makes a sack, every time Amari Cooper catches a TD pass, is just rubbing salt on the wound of Raider fans.

My Cowboys acted like they won the Super Bowl by beating a 5-11 Giants team - with most of our starters in...so short sighted. As usual

I can't imagine the feelings you must have had as a Dallas fan hoping Dallas wouldn't make that last 2 point conversion the other day?

It was a beautiful thing...😉

:whistling:

...and how 'bout da Bears?

:banana:

:drinks:

CBS handicappers are picking Indy and Bears across the board.  A bit shocking that they like Indy that much.  I am on Indy too.  It looks like I might be the only one as I have seen mainly Houston picks on the contest?  I am going Indy, Seattle and CHARGERS.  Chargers are the team I like the most.  I just cannot see Phillip Rivers losing to a rookie QB in this huge game. He has had a tremendous year.  The Ravens have the defense no doubt. A real test. But I feel the Chargers might have enough D themselves to give Rivers a shot to beat them. Seattle at Dallas should be a good one. Indy and Houston the same.  The Eagles and Bears is a bit of a mystery

Archived