6 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

Sean,I still have hope for the Raiders,I hope they win the Super Bowl,I do.I read a lot about his father Al,who BB always held in awe and called him coach. Vegas? No,L.A. sure,but those poor bastards in Oakland need the Raiders.IMHO.

Thanks Kev. Very nice of you.

This is a very key season for the Raiders. Derek Carr can't have a regressive season like he did last year. He has to step up and show the Raiders that they can depend on him to be the franchise quarterback and be part of this wave of young quarterbacks taking over the league.

Otherwise, the Raiders might have to look at the draft or free agents for another quarterback.

The Las Vegas move is still over a year away...late 2019, I think. Unless Oakland has some legal manoeuvre up their sleeve. So I basically have one more season to be a Raider fan.

They showed Baker Mayfield's pro day yesterday. Is this guy going to wear a bandanna all the time? He seems like another Johnny Manziel type, and we know how well that turned out.

Case Keenum leaps from Minnesota to Denver. Kirk Cousins goes, not to the Jets as I heard one crazy prediction, but to Minnesota.

Leaving the Taters...where, exactly? 

The quarterback carousel continues.

If I'm a Minnesota Viking fan, I would be pissed or at the very least worried.

Mike Zimmer is showing signs of being like Rex Ryan...a defensive-minded coach who doesn't have a clue about offense or quarterbacks. Last season, Minnesota had three quarterbacks:

1. Sam Bradford, the human tube of Ben-Gay. 

2. Teddy Bridgewater.

3. Case Keenum, the last man standing and who almost took them to the Super Bowl.

Zimmer apparently hated all three and let all three QBs walk...who were immediately scooped up by other teams. Keenum to Denver, Bradford to Arizona, and Bridgewater to the Jets.

Zimmer instead was dazzled by the extremely ordinary Kirk Cousins, who didn't have numbers as good as Keenum and has never shown the ability to come through in the clutch. Au contraire...Cousins showed the propensity to always throw the soul-crushing pick-six.

Three years. $84 million. Guaranteed. That's better than Tom Brady fercrissakes. Expectations on Cousins and Zimmer will be heavy.

And they might want to draft a QB in case Cousins gets hurt.

I thought Jimmy Graham might go back to New Orleans when Seattle let him go. Instead he goes to the Packers. But then, the Packers inexplicably let Jordy Nelson go, so their receiving corp is actually worse off now.

The mass exodus of players from the Patriots continues...Tom Brady loses his left tackle. He's only had two his entire career...Matt Light and Nate Solder.

Jordy Nelson to the Raiders?

On 3/11/2018 at 5:11 AM, Strider said:

And there is still talk of them trading Earl Thomas to Dallas. Right Walter?

Seattle must really like what they see in the draft and believe they can rebuild on the fly.

On 3/11/2018 at 12:55 PM, ForEvermore said:

I'm not Walter, but I am a fellow Cowboys fan. :)

Earl Thomas himself has loudly lobbied to join the Cowboys - in fact, he really got going after Seattle and Dallas played one another in the 2nd-to-last game of the season. I hope it happens; I'd love to have him.

The thorough dismantling of the Legion Of Boom is one of the most surreal things I've seen in an NFL off-season in a long time.

On 3/12/2018 at 8:27 PM, Walter said:

Nope. His contract will stay there. We have the coach that was the architect for the LOB as our secondary coach, with young talent.  That will be the strength of the D defense this year.

Cowboys believe in drafting, keeping and coaching right now. I think it’s a good formula - but that remains to be seen in SB victories.... 

The rumors are getting louder...

https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-eyeing-blockbuster-trade-seahawks-142229345.html

Always been a big MSU fan, but I've never felt the love for Kirk Cousins.  I've always felt there's something missing in his quarterback toolbox.  He'll probably do better in a Dome, but that's not going to help in Green Bay & Chicago.    

Lions cut Ebron four years after spending the 10th pick on him.  8 of the 9 players chosen after him made the Pro Bowl.  He's not a bad TE....we just had no reason to pick him there.  Such an old story.  Curious who is going to pay him and how much.  The Lions are claiming they aren't going to switch to a 3-4 defense, but their moves suggest otherwise.  Ho hum.  Raised my buddy's ticket prices to $250 bucks a game....over $4,000.00 for two season tickets, and parking isn't included.  I'd take the lazy-boy and a two week vacation instead.....and still catch the game.    

On 3/16/2018 at 11:52 PM, ForEvermore said:

Giving up a 1st and 3rd rounder is what I’m hearing. Don’t believe that’ll ever happen with the Cowboys - nor do I think it should happen. He’s great, but 28 and a big contract. Then again, you never know....

On 3/24/2018 at 3:21 AM, Walter said:

Giving up a 1st and 3rd rounder is what I’m hearing. Don’t believe that’ll ever happen with the Cowboys - nor do I think it should happen. He’s great, but 28 and a big contract. Then again, you never know....

Yeah, I'm of two minds about it - I'd like to have him, but not at the asking price...

On 3/27/2018 at 8:01 AM, Bong-Man said:

Suh & Donald together.  Whoa !  

I am thinking both of my favorite teams, Bills and Rams are going to be good.  I do not expect the Bills to mess up this draft. But its going to be damn interesting to see which direction they go?  Will they go for Foles?  Will they go for Mayfield?  Or try and throw the farm at a team like the Giants or Cleveland to get higher and grab one of the glory boys?  Either way, we have a QB from Cincy that has high marks from some media guys, and they have picked up a pass rusher and a run stopping type linebacker.  This GM is the best think since Polian and I would take him over Bill at this stage of their careers.  New England on the other hand seems to be cleaning house to  a degree.  I am a bit shocked that Belecheck has not walked.  You have to do it someday and no doubt soon.  Its not going to be easy to win another with the likes of the Eagles and Rams out there

Didn't you guys get a qb already?  Probably get Manzel as a backup... ;) 

So sad to hear Jim Kelly had another 12 hour cancer surgery today. How much can one man take?  Prayers to him and his family. 

53 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am thinking both of my favorite teams, Bills and Rams are going to be good.  I do not expect the Bills to mess up this draft. But its going to be damn interesting to see which direction they go?  Will they go for Foles?  Will they go for Mayfield?  Or try and throw the farm at a team like the Giants or Cleveland to get higher and grab one of the glory boys?  Either way, we have a QB from Cincy that has high marks from some media guys, and they have picked up a pass rusher and a run stopping type linebacker.  This GM is the best think since Polian and I would take him over Bill at this stage of their careers.  New England on the other hand seems to be cleaning house to  a degree.  I am a bit shocked that Belecheck has not walked.  You have to do it someday and no doubt soon.  Its not going to be easy to win another with the likes of the Eagles and Rams out there

Rams will have to do it this year. They some huge contract designs to make after this season.

15 hours ago, Walter said:

Didn't you guys get a qb already?  Probably get Manzel as a backup... ;) 

So sad to hear Jim Kelly had another 12 hour cancer surgery today. How much can one man take?  Prayers to him and his family. 

Rams will have to do it this year. They some huge contract designs to make after this season.

They might just do it   I doubt Sean will be calling them the Lambs now.   Especially if his Vegas Raiders are on the schedule?   LOL

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Unless Goff has a sophomore slump, the Lambs will indeed be formidable this year. But they won't be able to keep this group together long. I give it two years, three years tops.

You do realize last year was his sophomore year. Gurley and I believe Donald will be needing contracts after this season. Then with Goff ending his 3rd of a his 5 year rookie contract as well after this season, they are going to face the same predicament the rest of us are - who to keep and who to let go.

4 minutes ago, Walter said:

You do realize last year was his sophomore year. Gurley and I believe Donald will be needing contracts after this season. Then with Goff ending his 3rd of a his 5 year rookie contract as well after this season, they are going to face the same predicament the rest of us are - who to keep and who to let go.

Yes I realize that, but I give his rookie year a mulligan because Jeff Fisher was an idiot and wasted his first year.

5 minutes ago, Strider said:

Yes I realize that, but I give his rookie year a mulligan because Jeff Fisher was an idiot and wasted his first year.

I agree, but when it comes to the NFL there’s no mulligans to account for those years on the contract. What did loser Cousins get? Goff will be the highest paid qb in history, unless Wentz gets a few more million from Philly.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Word on the street down here is that Dez will be cut today after meeting with Steven & Jerry.

Yep. He was. I am literally torn about it - meaning, I think it is both good and bad.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, zepscoda said:

Word on the street down here... Jason Witten is about to annunce his retirement. 

Done.  He has said he is done.  How about my Bills?  I like Josh Allen as he can handle the cold and he can handle the pressure of an NFL pass rush.  We now have him and McCarron  Now McCarron knows the Ravens well, where we open.  But I am sure the short pre season will determine who starts.  We have our next Jim Kelly folks.  Now we need a Center or receiver with the next pick. The linebacker we picked up from V Tech who along with his brother were drafted first round, a first in history, to Pittsburgh, is the guy that can stop the run and help Jerry Hughes nail 41  year old Brady.   Put a fork in NE.  They passed up Jackson at 31.  Stupid move.  Yes the RB was a good pick but they needed to grab a guy that can step in if Brady goes down in what I believe is his last year.  Likely for Belecheck and Gronk too?  I think the Browns would have looked better with Darnold but who knows.  The Jets wont admit it but they have to be a bit pissed off at Cleveland for them taking Baker Mayfield.  Rd two we have no picks.  WE do in round 3 and I expect a Center to replace Erik Wood or a WR to help us out.  GO BILLS!!!!!!!!  Hey Strider, if you read this, do you like the wheeling and dealing Gruden did yesterday?

Archived