The money coming in on the Patriots is insane. You can probably find places that have the Patriots as 3 point favourites. That means the line has moved 4-5 points in just a couple of days. That's unreal...usually a major injury has to happen to make the line jump that quick.

One book released figures saying 94% of the money coming in was on the Patriots. Another book said 75% of the Super Bowl wagers placed were on the Patriots.

This means Las Vegas are now even bigger Rams fans than Rick.

I think the last time Las Vegas lost heavily on Super Bowl Sunday was in 1996. San Francisco were 18 point favourites over San Diego and people (including me) still bet heavily on the 49ers. They covered the spread...whipping the Chargers 49-26 and shattering the over number.

On 1/22/2019 at 1:54 PM, Strider said:

No, THE RAMS were the favourites when the line opened. The Patriots were a + 1 underdog by the time I made my bet and so much money has come in on the Patriots that now they are - 1.5 favourites.

I checked 5 dimes, the most respected sports book off shore, until the states is up and running (soon) and the line was NE -2.

On 1/23/2019 at 2:33 PM, Strider said:

The money coming in on the Patriots is insane. You can probably find places that have the Patriots as 3 point favourites. That means the line has moved 4-5 points in just a couple of days. That's unreal...usually a major injury has to happen to make the line jump that quick.

One book released figures saying 94% of the money coming in was on the Patriots. Another book said 75% of the Super Bowl wagers placed were on the Patriots.

This means Las Vegas are now even bigger Rams fans than Rick.

I think the last time Las Vegas lost heavily on Super Bowl Sunday was in 1996. San Francisco were 18 point favourites over San Diego and people (including me) still bet heavily on the 49ers. They covered the spread...whipping the Chargers 49-26 and shattering the over number.

Then why are the Rams only 2 point dogs?  What you say makes no sense.  What does make sense is several shows on YouTube showing that the NFL is one crooked and manipulated sport, with many rigged games.  The margin for error is very slim and the refs have too much control  Let the Saints fans whine over the Rams getting in.  They did not whine when Geoff was face masked and it was not called.

KC got a raw deal.  NE got every damn call in that 4th quarter. I mean, its a joke. And they get away with soooooo  many holding calls.  Other teams do not.  I just hope after all this crap they do not take it out on the Rams in the Super Bowl, and let them play.  If they do, 'Strider will have some damn explaining to do

Big time cheaters while we are at it.  Sean Peyton, Greg Williams, and Bill Belecheck.  How many damn play books of opposing teams has Billy boy been caught with?  The deflate a gate was real.  And so was Bounty gate.  Suck it up Sean, no Super Bowl for you bitch

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Then why are the Rams only 2 point dogs?  What you say makes no sense.  What does make sense is several shows on YouTube showing that the NFL is one crooked and manipulated sport, with many rigged games.  The margin for error is very slim and the refs have too much control  Let the Saints fans whine over the Rams getting in.  They did not whine when Geoff was face masked and it was not called.

KC got a raw deal.  NE got every damn call in that 4th quarter. I mean, its a joke. And they get away with soooooo  many holding calls.  Other teams do not.  I just hope after all this crap they do not take it out on the Rams in the Super Bowl, and let them play.  If they do, 'Strider will have some damn explaining to do

Big time cheaters while we are at it.  Sean Peyton, Greg Williams, and Bill Belecheck.  How many damn play books of opposing teams has Billy boy been caught with?  The deflate a gate was real.  And so was Bounty gate.  Suck it up Sean, no Super Bowl for you bitch

Oy vey. And you call yourself a bettor.

I'm not good for much but I can damn sure write. So, if you are having trouble understanding my post it is on you. It's very simple. The Rams opened as Super Bowl favourites when the initial lines came out about an hour or so after the conclusion of the AFC Championship Game. Now they are underdogs.

What doesn't make sense is how someone who believes there is a referee conspiracy and that the NFL games are rigged continues to bet on such games? It doesn't matter the sport...football, baseball, basketball...you are always claiming the refs are crooked and the fix is in for certain teams. So why would you continue to pour your money into such a crooked endeavor?

As for your whining about the Saints and Chiefs games last week, let's look impartially.

First, the Saints-Rams game. Yes, the refs botched that call at the end. They botched it twice...it was pass interference and it was helmet-to-helmet on a defenseless receiver. I haven't felt so angry about a call (or non-call) since the Tuck-Rule game between the Raiders and Patriots.

But, we can only assume the Saints would have gone on to win the game if the refs had made the proper call. We can only assume the Saints would have continued to run the clock down to zero. But who knows, Sean Payton might have called another stupid pass play or he might have brought in his pet Tayvon Hill for another one of those silly wildcat plays that fools nobody...and who knows, might have led to a fumble?

We can only assume that the Saints kicker would have made the field goal. There is no guarantee that he would have made it. There could have been a misplayed snap, a block, or some other mishap.

So, even with that penalty called, a Saints victory was not faît accompli.

Plus, the Saints had plenty of chances to put that game away so that one call wouldn't have such an effect. They drove down twice in the redzone early and came away with only field goals. Instead of being up 14-0, the Saints were only ahead 6-0. One reason is because Sean Payton kept putting in that Tayvon Hill at the weirdest times...taking Drew Brees out of the game. Why you would take your best player out of the game in those situations is beyond me but I'm not a "football genius" like Sean Payton.

More Saints goofs. It is 13-0 and the Rams are getting ready to punt around their own 30-yard line. I turned to my friend and said the Saints better be prepared for a fake-punt here. The Saints pulled the same thing on the Eagles in the playoff game a week prior...practically the same score and time of game and yard marker. Sure enough, the Rams caught the Saints sleeping and pulled off the fake-punt. That was an inexcusable lapse by the Saints.

The Saints offense went in the toilet after that...scoring only 10 points the rest of the game. They had their chance in overtime. Instead Drew Brees looked mortal and coughed up a wounded duck. Great teams find a way. Look at the Patriots.

Last year, the Saints lost a chance to go to the Super Bowl on the worst defensive play I have ever seen. This year, they choked at home with a little help from the refs. Someone up there doesn't like New Orleans.

Now let us look at the Chiefs-Patriots game.

1. Edelman did not touch the punt...the replays showed that clearly. People bitching about that need to buy glasses and shut the fuck up.

2. The Chiefs scored one go-ahead touchdown in the 4th quarter on an illegal pick that the refs did not call.

3. The refs started making Patriot cornerback JC Jackson their punching bag in the fourth quarter, calling three or four PI penalties on Jackson on crucial third down plays.

The flags went both ways in the game...there were bad calls that hurt both teams. End of story.

By the way, Rick, you better fix your pick in the Playoff Pool...your point total is incorrect.

20 hours ago, Strider said:

Oy vey. And you call yourself a bettor.

I'm not good for much but I can damn sure write. So, if you are having trouble understanding my post it is on you. It's very simple. The Rams opened as Super Bowl favourites when the initial lines came out about an hour or so after the conclusion of the AFC Championship Game. Now they are underdogs.

What doesn't make sense is how someone who believes there is a referee conspiracy and that the NFL games are rigged continues to bet on such games? It doesn't matter the sport...football, baseball, basketball...you are always claiming the refs are crooked and the fix is in for certain teams. So why would you continue to pour your money into such a crooked endeavor?

As for your whining about the Saints and Chiefs games last week, let's look impartially.

First, the Saints-Rams game. Yes, the refs botched that call at the end. They botched it twice...it was pass interference and it was helmet-to-helmet on a defenseless receiver. I haven't felt so angry about a call (or non-call) since the Tuck-Rule game between the Raiders and Patriots.

But, we can only assume the Saints would have gone on to win the game if the refs had made the proper call. We can only assume the Saints would have continued to run the clock down to zero. But who knows, Sean Payton might have called another stupid pass play or he might have brought in his pet Tayvon Hill for another one of those silly wildcat plays that fools nobody...and who knows, might have led to a fumble?

We can only assume that the Saints kicker would have made the field goal. There is no guarantee that he would have made it. There could have been a misplayed snap, a block, or some other mishap.

So, even with that penalty called, a Saints victory was not faît accompli.

Plus, the Saints had plenty of chances to put that game away so that one call wouldn't have such an effect. They drove down twice in the redzone early and came away with only field goals. Instead of being up 14-0, the Saints were only ahead 6-0. One reason is because Sean Payton kept putting in that Tayvon Hill at the weirdest times...taking Drew Brees out of the game. Why you would take your best player out of the game in those situations is beyond me but I'm not a "football genius" like Sean Payton.

More Saints goofs. It is 13-0 and the Rams are getting ready to punt around their own 30-yard line. I turned to my friend and said the Saints better be prepared for a fake-punt here. The Saints pulled the same thing on the Eagles in the playoff game a week prior...practically the same score and time of game and yard marker. Sure enough, the Rams caught the Saints sleeping and pulled off the fake-punt. That was an inexcusable lapse by the Saints.

The Saints offense went in the toilet after that...scoring only 10 points the rest of the game. They had their chance in overtime. Instead Drew Brees looked mortal and coughed up a wounded duck. Great teams find a way. Look at the Patriots.

Last year, the Saints lost a chance to go to the Super Bowl on the worst defensive play I have ever seen. This year, they choked at home with a little help from the refs. Someone up there doesn't like New Orleans.

Now let us look at the Chiefs-Patriots game.

1. Edelman did not touch the punt...the replays showed that clearly. People bitching about that need to buy glasses and shut the fuck up.

2. The Chiefs scored one go-ahead touchdown in the 4th quarter on an illegal pick that the refs did not call.

3. The refs started making Patriot cornerback JC Jackson their punching bag in the fourth quarter, calling three or four PI penalties on Jackson on crucial third down plays.

The flags went both ways in the game...there were bad calls that hurt both teams. End of story.

By the way, Rick, you better fix your pick in the Playoff Pool...your point total is incorrect.

Make your posts short dude. This is the fucking Magna Carta!!!!!!!!!!!  And you are a wagon jumping SOB>  That little fucking tea party fucker lives in Boston.  You never lived in Boston.  I LIVED IN LA FELLA!!!!!!!

The replays showed clearly Edelman did not touch the ball?  Really?  You must be Superman?  X ray vision or something.  The interception that would have ended the game vs the Patsies was called back because of a guys pinkie was offsides and it had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Madden NFL ran 100 simulations and gives the Rams a 72% chance of winning the Super Bowl.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/madden-predicts-super-bowl-53-results-game-heavily-favors-one-team/2qyh6209e28b1ch525wq1qbzn

30-27 Rams  they say.  I say 41-27,  Now  the ex Bills corner that lit up the Saints receiver has stoked the fire by saying he hates them and has "Buffalo blood running through his vains"!  Love the guy

And for the record I checked 5 dimes right after the NE vs KC game ended and the line was up.  NE -2

On 1/28/2019 at 9:46 PM, Strider said:

Madden NFL ran 100 simulations and gives the Rams a 72% chance of winning the Super Bowl.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/madden-predicts-super-bowl-53-results-game-heavily-favors-one-team/2qyh6209e28b1ch525wq1qbzn

19 Years later Wade Phillips says to a Buffalo reporter that the Music City Mistake as he calls it, never should have happened.   It still bothers him.  It likely cost the Bills a trip to the Super Bowl but it does not eat at me that much because I never believed we would have ever beaten that Rams team that wound up winning the Super Bowl with Kurt Warner and co.  They were too good.  And this Rams team is better for sure

The NFL Pro Bowl wasn't always lame. Back in the '70s and '80s players actually played and hit in the Pro Bowl. Now it is a game for wusses and an embarrassment that the NFL should just put out of its misery. Check out some of the hits Joe Theismann takes in this one.

On 1/30/2019 at 2:24 PM, Strider said:

The NFL Pro Bowl wasn't always lame. Back in the '70s and '80s players actually played and hit in the Pro Bowl. Now it is a game for wusses and an embarrassment that the NFL should just put out of its misery. Check out some of the hits Joe Theismann takes in this one.

So is the NFL the worst of the 4 big sports in America for the "all star game" we should say?  I say it is. Baseball is the best because at least it means something. Hockey was good until they just turned it into something else.  No more real East vs West.  I wish they would just go back to that.  Let them do the skills competition.  The NFL is also a joke because the Super Bowl players are not a part of it either. The NBA is run and gun.  No D. Golden St could probably beat either the East or West all stars themselves?  How do they stay under the cap?

^^^The NFL Pro Bowl is definitely the worst all-star game of the four major sports in the U.S.

Thinking of going to see your team in the Super Bowl? It is a far cry from when we paid $40 to see the Raiders in Super Bowl XI at the Rose Bowl.

Here is the price history of every Super Bowl.

https://www.gobankingrates.com/saving-money/entertainment/average-cost-super-bowl-tickets-1967-through-today/

Thanks to the NFL's deal with YouTube I can now watch some of the Super Bowls I missed. Of the 52 Super Bowls that have been played I have missed seven:

1. 1967 Green Bay vs. Kansas City

2. 1968 Green Bay vs. Oakland

3. 1982 San Francisco vs. Cincinnati

4. 1993 Dallas vs. Buffalo

5. 1994 Dallas vs. Buffalo

6. 2001 Baltimore vs. New York

7. 2002 New England vs. St. Louis

I am watching the first Cowboys vs. Bills matchup now. Interesting that Buffalo scored first and that it was the Cowboys who looked nervous and in trouble early on. Then Jim Kelly and the Bills center get hurt and Thurman Thomas turns into Thurman Thomas. Not since Fran Tarkington has a player consistently come up small in a big game. If Thomas doesn't hold the record for most Super Bowl fumbles he should be a close second. In the blink of an eye it went from a Bills lead to a Dallas rout. One other note....the Super Bowl should always be played at the Rose Bowl. The weather is always great (no freak ice storms like in Atlanta) and the grass is beautiful. Football belongs outdoors on grass.

I do love Rose Bowl Super Bowls. Miami was always a good place in the old days too! 

That Cowboys teams was not going to be denied. They were very hungry and physical. Plus those Great Lakes cities/teams are consumate losers.

On 1/17/2019 at 10:52 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

GO RAMS!!!!!  ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!!!!

Dropped a giant Deuce today..... and as i finished up and turned  to watch the toilet struggle to choke down a massive turd i thought to myself....

Hmmm

wonder what pRicky's up to

same old same old

anyways

Enjoy the Superbowl

Archived