Mack and the Raiders haven’t spoken since February? Earl Thomas not at Seattle’s camp and reportedly has his house up for sale. HoF game this weekend! Can’t wait for some football and Hard Knocks with the Browns begins next week. Josh Gordon makes is all the way back from indefinite suspension only to not be expected in camp...  Still no Dez signing. 

18 hours ago, Walter said:

Just finished watching the 2018 Hall of Fame induction ceremony - fantastic. Let the season begin! Can’t wait for my Cowboys vs 49’ers on Thursday night! 

Pre season?  Really?  Now in my case, Buffalo has to find out what  they have?  A real strange situation that we have not had here in ages.  I mean, we have a couple of guys with some expectations but I do not understand why they are even thinking Allen might not be ready?  This is why we drafted him  McCarron was Daltons backup.  I say throw his ass to the wolves  and see if he survives

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Pre season?  Really?  Now in my case, Buffalo has to find out what  they have?  A real strange situation that we have not had here in ages.  I mean, we have a couple of guys with some expectations but I do not understand why they are even thinking Allen might not be ready?  This is why we drafted him  McCarron was Daltons backup.  I say throw his ass to the wolves  and see if he survives

Yeah I like to see how the draft picks are coming along, guys I’ve been reading about from the mini camps, etc. First game is pretty much all backups anyway, but they will be playing as injuries mount during the season.

Your boy Benjamin seems to be having a case of open mouth insert foot...even your Coach is pissed at him.

All of these defensive player holdouts...Earl Thomas, Khalil Mack, Aaron Donald...I sense the GMs are going to take a hard stand and say it's not worth it giving big contracts to defensive players.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

All of these defensive player holdouts...Earl Thomas, Khalil Mack, Aaron Donald...I sense the GMs are going to take a hard stand and say it's not worth it giving big contracts to defensive players.

You know what they say about defense though...  I believe two out of three have a legit discussion on their hands. Thomas is looking for some loyalty/guarantee in a league that is all about “what have you done for me lately”.  He needs to come to Dallas where he can make big bucks just being a part of “America’s Team”! 

On 8/6/2018 at 5:34 PM, Walter said:

Yeah I like to see how the draft picks are coming along, guys I’ve been reading about from the mini camps, etc. First game is pretty much all backups anyway, but they will be playing as injuries mount during the season.

Your boy Benjamin seems to be having a case of open mouth insert foot...even your Coach is pissed at him.

Not sure of what you are referring to? I have actually payed more attention to Botterill and the magnificent job he has done with the Sabres.  Tonight we will get a clue about the QB position.  Maybe

Hey there ‘NFL Thread’! Hope everyone’s getting ready for the season. Great night tonight for preseason football. First look for many, ya know? I’m calling for the Vikings to win it all this year. Rallying behind their o-line coaches death will be the push they need. 

Enjoy everyone and Rock on NFL!

15 hours ago, ZepFan4Ever said:

Hey there ‘NFL Thread’! Hope everyone’s getting ready for the season. Great night tonight for preseason football. First look for many, ya know? I’m calling for the Vikings to win it all this year. Rallying behind their o-line coaches death will be the push they need. 

Enjoy everyone and Rock on NFL!

Howdy ZepFan4Ever! Welcome back. Been on vacation? I hope you join us in the NFL pool this year. That is, if there is one...at the rate of player injuries they may have to cancel the season. Four 49er injuries in last night's game alone.

So the Vikings are your pick? Bold choice...the NFC looks loaded with a plethora of great young quarterbacks in Philly, L.A., San Francisco, Dallas and Minnesota will have a fight getting through those teams.

Plus, Aaron Rogers is back for Green Bay, right? The Norris Division is pretty much between Green Bay and Minnesota...Detroit and Chicago have fallen and can't get up.

I am curious to see what Drew Brees has left in New Orleans and Danger Russ in Seattle.

Also, will this be the year Tom Brady's body finally says "Enough"?

I liked the way Josh Allen played for the Bills with the third string unit in the second half.  If he had the first stringers I think he would do fine. I know Peterson and McCarron are ahead of him in the pecking order for reasons I do not get, but they are going to go by the book.  I am not for it. I say Allen should be the guy right now.  But they are going to break him in?  How, by watching the other two guys lose us games we could win with him?  I know what Peterman is.  So if its him or McCarron to start, I say McCarron.  But go with Allen soon.  We are loaded on D this year.  We can stay in games.  McCoy of course did not play yesterday.  Just like most teams they are sitting the stars.  But come the 3rd game in pre season, I would go with Allen with the first unit.  See what we have an if good, the job is his.  I do like this coach.  So I am sure he knows what he is doing.  The schedule is brutal early with trips to Green Bay and Minnesota in weeks 3 and 4.  But if I were them, I would not consider Buffalo an automatic win.  For me, the Rams are the team to beat

On 8/9/2018 at 12:53 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Not sure of what you are referring to? I have actually payed more attention to Botterill and the magnificent job he has done with the Sabres.  Tonight we will get a clue about the QB position.  Maybe

Rick, you didn’t hear about Benjamin giving the verbal smack down to Cam Newton last week? Then they had a bit of a showdown last night before your game. It got a little testy. 

14 hours ago, Strider said:

Howdy ZepFan4Ever! Welcome back. Been on vacation? I hope you join us in the NFL pool this year. That is, if there is one...at the rate of player injuries they may have to cancel the season. Four 49er injuries in last night's game alone.

So the Vikings are your pick? Bold choice...the NFC looks loaded with a plethora of great young quarterbacks in Philly, L.A., San Francisco, Dallas and Minnesota will have a fight getting through those teams.

Plus, Aaron Rogers is back for Green Bay, right? The Norris Division is pretty much between Green Bay and Minnesota...Detroit and Chicago have fallen and can't get up.

I am curious to see what Drew Brees has left in New Orleans and Danger Russ in Seattle.

Also, will this be the year Tom Brady's body finally says "Enough"?

I agree the NFC is stacked. My ‘boys looked good when the players who’ll be playing we’re in. Minnesota doing it is a long shot, IMO. They just lost a starting guard, on top of Coach Sporano (RIP) passing. Plus I’m still not sold on Cousins. Good stats, but hasn’t shown it consistently when the pressure is on. Last night was awesome with multiple games being shown at the same time. Junior is already folding the tents for Seattle’s season. But he likes to play the reverse psychology card. It’s philly’s conference to lose, IMO. The rams aren’t tested enough yet and the pack’s defense remains to be seen.  Atlanta is probably just a tick below Philly. It’s just exciting to see everything coming together! 

14 hours ago, Strider said:

I think I might joint the Nfl pool to this year it sounds like fun, but I have to learn more about the names of all the teams. They have a pool at work but I have been afraid to join because i dont want do something wrong, but the one here would probably be less stresful.

when do you join?

12 hours ago, Walter said:

I agree the NFC is stacked. My ‘boys looked good when the players who’ll be playing we’re in. Minnesota doing it is a long shot, IMO. They just lost a starting guard, on top of Coach Sporano (RIP) passing. Plus I’m still not sold on Cousins. Good stats, but hasn’t shown it consistently when the pressure is on. Last night was awesome with multiple games being shown at the same time. Junior is already folding the tents for Seattle’s season. But he likes to play the reverse psychology card. It’s philly’s conference to lose, IMO. The rams aren’t tested enough yet and the pack’s defense remains to be seen.  Atlanta is probably just a tick below Philly. It’s just exciting to see everything coming together! 

No i did not hear about the incident listed above.  It kills me the lack of respect the Bills are getting early on.  Its all because they are unsure of who will be the QB o. ?  McDermott will have it straightened out.  And I will take those 6 points vs the Ravens any day.  In fact, we should beat them straight up.  As for the below poster, yes, by all means join the contest.  I want one more contestant I can give a good beat down to!!!!!  LOL   🏈🐏😀

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:49 PM, Strider said:

Hey Bong-Man! Looks like our teams are taking some frustration out on each other in the practices leading up to Friday's first preseason game.

https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/ContentGallery/Raiders-Lions-training-camp-scrimmage-headlined-by-sideline-clearly-brawl-120502172/#120502172_1

That game proved only one thing....Conner Cook is a better QB than Jake Ruddock.  Raiders are pretty deep at running back, and if Chris Warren is trying to earn a roster spot, he did OK.  

I hope the Bills give Josh Allen a shot with the first unit tonight vs Cleveland.  Why delay the inevitable.  He is the only guy that is going to be a franchise QB on this team and if they are not going with him out of the gates then let it be McCarron. I am not buying into Peterman.  Even though he was perfect in the fist game.  McCarron was very good too. Allen played the second half with third string unit.  Not really a fair look even though he did look good.

It appears the Rams and Raiders play a pre season game and then open the regular season vs each other?  The Rams should be plenty tough.  The Raiders are a tough team to guage but with Carr healthy and a new coach they have much to look forward to

21 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I hope the Bills give Josh Allen a shot with the first unit tonight vs Cleveland.  Why delay the inevitable.  He is the only guy that is going to be a franchise QB on this team and if they are not going with him out of the gates then let it be McCarron. I am not buying into Peterman.  Even though he was perfect in the fist game.  McCarron was very good too. Allen played the second half with third string unit.  Not really a fair look even though he did look good.

It appears the Rams and Raiders play a pre season game and then open the regular season vs each other?  The Rams should be plenty tough.  The Raiders are a tough team to guage but with Carr healthy and a new coach they have much to look forward to

Sorry to hear about McCarron last night. Looks like the Bills will be using Allen quicker than expected. 

6 hours ago, Walter said:

Interesting info: Josh Gordon returning to Cleveland...in related news, Dez Bryant remains unsigned. 

With the Seahawks problems at receiver I am surprised Seattle hasn't tried to sign Dez.

On 8/18/2018 at 9:02 AM, Walter said:

Sorry to hear about McCarron last night. Looks like the Bills will be using Allen quicker than expected. 

Its fine with me. I wanted him to start from day one.  I was never a believer in McCarron.  I assume this is a season ending injury?  So Allen should beat out Peterman.  I am only praying Allen never gets hurt or we are totally screwed. But I like the way the kid has  played already.  Impressive to say the least.  He is our guy now.  Let not forget, Jim Kelly never played in Buffalo as a rookie.  He went to the USFL, played for the Houston Gamblers, and refused to play in Buffalo until several years later. When he came, it took only a couple of years for the Bills to get to the playoffs and the Super Bowl.  Allen, if he works out, will be with us from day one.  You might have to go back to Joe Ferguson or Jack Kemp for any Bills QB that stuck around long from being a rookie.  Josh Allen, who knows how good he can be? I like our defense. And I like the supporting cast.  I am not sure how good the offensive line is but we do have McCoy to worry teams.

On 8/23/2018 at 5:33 PM, Walter said:

Well that sucks...best center in football is out indefinitely.  Not the way to start the campaign.

Who is in more trouble, my Bills or your Boys?  We have the mystery at QB?  Which door will they chose?  1, 2, or 3?  I still chose Allen.  Like our D, terrified by our offensive line.  Well there are those Rams

On 8/27/2018 at 8:58 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Who is in more trouble, my Bills or your Boys?  We have the mystery at QB?  Which door will they chose?  1, 2, or 3?  I still chose Allen.  Like our D, terrified by our offensive line.  Well there are those Rams

Easy...your Bills. Seemed like you guys were headed in the right direction for a minute there.

Archived