Led Zeppelin founder Jimmy Page returns to Seattle site where band played in 1969

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

Led Zeppelin founder Jimmy Page returns to Seattle site where band played in 1969

SEATTLE: Jimmy Page, the guitarist and founder of rock band Led Zeppelin, was spotted at Seattle’s Green Lake this weekend, where Led Zeppelin played nearly 50 years ago.

The Guitar Store near Green Lake posted a photo Sunday of Page at the remains of the Aqua Theatre, which was constructed in 1950 as part of Seafair and demolished in 1979. Only part of the grandstand remains, and the site is now home to the Green Lake Small Craft Center.

jp-1.jpg

“Perhaps he is on an archeological journey in search for proof of a pre condo boom Seattle,” Guitar Store staff wrote in the Facebook post. “The last time people saw him here it was 1969 before most of us were born. Keep Rocking Mr. Page!”

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/led-zeppelin-founder-jimmy-page-returns-seattle-site-where-band-played-1969/69uVAcULD9iJpwZ8u37JdM/

12 hours ago, SuperDave said:

I wonder if he visited the Edgewater Inn to relive many fond memories!:hysterical:

They stayed at The Fairmont. 

They were in the vicinity of the Edgewater Inn but uncertain if he stopped to take Scarlet there for a look around. 

52 minutes ago, Urozep said:

It is interesting to speculate why he went there . I wonder if it could mean that Seattle tapes will be released and this is a promo?

He was in Seattle not long ago with his missus for another poetry reading.

i thinking your clutching at straws.

1 hour ago, Boleskinner said:

He was in Seattle not long ago with his missus for another poetry reading.

i thinking your clutching at straws.

What better time to clutch at straws than the year of the 50th anniversary? It's fun!

On 3/17/2018 at 2:25 AM, hummingbird69 said:

I bet he's thinking, "I can fill this, I can fill this"

"Another number from the annuals of rock history"

On 3/22/2018 at 3:51 PM, 76229 said:

Shoulda kept those guitar lessons up!

I started lessons when I turned 52. Im 57 now and went from a negative 10 to a negative 9!!!! At this rate I'll leave the "I am horrendous with a guitar" category and enter the 'I suck at guitar" category when I turn 80! Ah well.....maybe in my next life.....

Archived