Soundboards from 68-71

Chick-N-Picker

I'm not sure if this question is easy to answer as I'm still a little newish on boot legs and how they work. Not that I don't listen to some live recordings but it's just on youtube and at random. From what I can tell is that some of yall seem organized on this stuff.

Anyway, can somebody tell me all the shows that are soundboard from 68-71? Does the show from Blueberry Hill exist in soundboard?

4 minutes ago, SteveZ98 said:

Here's a list Zep soundboards, sorted by date:

http://www.bootledz.com/sbfile.htm

Thank you. How up to date is that list?

2 shows from 70 WTF? One is from RAH. So I guess there is no Blueberry Hill in soundboard. We need more 1970 releases.

And only 6 from 71. Let's all hope for something big for the 50th like that massive live release.

The bootledz list is up to date. The last full show to emerge was 3.21.75, and the two single song Japan 71 snippets are also recent. I'm intrigued by the six minutes from Sydney 72 though, I didn't know there was any SBD from that tour.

There's not much for 68-72, but that's the norm. We're spoiled for choice post-72. Most (if not all) of the 73 and 80 SBDs emerged after a theft from Jimmy's house in the 1980s. And in 75 - 77 there seems to have been a concerted effort to make duplicate releases from the soundboards on the US tours, and many have been released in the past decade. Whether there's more to come there, who can say. But for 68-71 I doubt there's much more to emerge at this point from unofficial sources. The general opinion is that Bath 70 exists, but who has it and whether it will see the light of day is unknowable at this point. Same for Japan 71. We've had two single song releases. so someone probably has both those full shows, and wants us to know it. But again, who knows whether the rest will ever appear. And maybe the Bill Graham vault has some early material they aren't allowed to release. The band almost certainly have lots in their private possession, but to date haven't shown any interest in releasing any SBD tape, as opposed to properly recorded multitracks. I guess we'll find out soon what Jimmy is planning for the 50th!

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2018 at 4:35 AM, Crimson Avenger said:

The bootledz list is up to date. The last full show to emerge was 3.21.75, and the two single song Japan 71 snippets are also recent. I'm intrigued by the six minutes from Sydney 72 though, I didn't know there was any SBD from that tour.

There's not much for 68-72, but that's the norm. We're spoiled for choice post-72. Most (if not all) of the 73 and 80 SBDs emerged after a theft from Jimmy's house in the 1980s. And in 75 - 77 there seems to have been a concerted effort to make duplicate releases from the soundboards on the US tours, and many have been released in the past decade. Whether there's more to come there, who can say. But for 68-71 I doubt there's much more to emerge at this point from unofficial sources. The general opinion is that Bath 70 exists, but who has it and whether it will see the light of day is unknowable at this point. Same for Japan 71. We've had two single song releases. so someone probably has both those full shows, and wants us to know it. But again, who knows whether the rest will ever appear. And maybe the Bill Graham vault has some early material they aren't allowed to release. The band almost certainly have lots in their private possession, but to date haven't shown any interest in releasing any SBD tape, as opposed to properly recorded multitracks. I guess we'll find out soon what Jimmy is planning for the 50th!

Do mine who worked on the DVD and how the west was one project leaked the multitrack mixdown of Southampton and royal albert hall so there could be more of those mixdown tapes in someone's hands. Although it's been quite awhile since thoose were leaked. I wonder about the 75 and 77 boards being from show co employees . It seems odd They would wait 25 years to start selling off those tapes. The first one of The revolution releases appeared in 2002. Around The time of dvd and hwww page started transferring tales to digital because they were deteriorating. So I wonder if the person tasked or persons tasked with doing the transfers made copies of many of the sb tapes during transfer. It's just a theory and could be way off base. Soundboard tapes were not worked on for those releases but page was informed at the start of that project hec would have to transfer any tapes he wanted to preserve before they deteriorated too much and would eventually be unsalvagable . So it's conceivable that he tasked Someone working on that project to transfer his tape archive to digital. Could be the same person who leaked the mixdown tapes.  We will probably never know for sure.  Who knows what is out there.  The question is how many more releases will we actually get before evsd Decides it's no longer profitable. And will the source liberate any tapes once there is no profit to be made from selling them.

Archived