RP Slams modern rock as 'boring', remains tight-lipped about the band's debauchery

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

'It's so dull': Legendary Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant SLAMS modern rock and roll as 'boring' and remains tight-lipped about the band's debauchery

By Stephen Bisset For Daily Mail Australia

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5553253/Led-Zeppelin-frontman-Robert-Plant-SLAMS-modern-rock-roll-boring.html

He's the frontman for iconic British rock band Led Zeppelin.

And Robert Plant, 69, has revealed that he finds the state of modern rock and roll 'dull.'

Appearing on The Project on Wednesday, The Stairway To Heaven hit maker bemoaned the state of modern music, saying it was too sanitised.

At the height of Led Zeppelin's fame in the mid 1970s, the band epitomised the hard-living rock and roll lifestyle, becoming one of the first bands to popularise such tropes as groupies and trashed hotel rooms.

'All of that stuff came from what happens when there's no real control, you know?,' Robert told guest interviewer Ryan 'Fitzy' Fitzgerald.

He added: 'The organisation that follows an artist these days is almost, it's so dull.'
Stage managed: 'The organisation that follows an artist these days is almost, it's so dull,' Robert told guest interviewer Ryan 'Fitzy' Fitzgerald

Stage managed: 'The organisation that follows an artist these days is almost, it's so dull,' Robert told guest interviewer Ryan 'Fitzy' Fitzgerald

Robert went on to admit that he didn't have too many wild stories of the road to recount as he was unsure which tales belonged to him.

'I can't tell you anything really because, not because I've got a book coming out, but because i don't know whether I'm remembering what happened to me or what happened to somebody else - we just talked about it so much.'

When pressed on if he was writing a tell-all, Robert was adamant pen would not be touching paper as what happened on tour needed to stay on tour.

'In-between these lug holes there are so many humorous stories but they have got to stay with me,' Robert said.

Perhaps best known  for the magnum opus Stairway To Heaven, Robert also admitted that he had always struggled with the lyrics of the long-winded epic.

'I know it's a long song and I also know that I have a little bit of trouble remembering they lyrics,' he said.

'Our manager, who was quite a formidable personality...he'd come to the front of the stage in the middle of it all and he's have the lyrics. It's funny because I can't remember what verse goes where.'

Forming in 1968, Led Zeppelin, also featuring Jimmy Page, John Bonham and John Paul Jones became one of the biggest bands of the 1970s  with their mammoth sound cited as one of the progenitors of heavy metal.

The band called it quits in 1980 after the tragic death of drummer John Bonham.

Is this a teaser and the rest will come out shortly? Excited for the rest if so.

Took me 6 seconds to realize I do not like this interviewer. I think if Plant said the Earth is flat he would agree lol. I am spoiled having seen the Dan Rather interview I suppose. 

Archived