Mothership bonus DVD playable on a PC ?

michaeld

Sorry if this has already been posted - i did search but could find no other topics about this.

Is there anyway to get the bonus DVD disc from Mothership to play on my PC ?

I have tried but it wont play on my PC, only my TV player, and was wondering if this is normal and if other members have any tips on how to get it to play through a computer.

I am not very good with computers - for me it's just an expensive toy that my daughter plays games on :) so I dont know if this is usual for this to happen, but i expected to be able to play it like an ordinary DVD that i could watch on the computer.

Is there anyway to get it to play ?

Sorry if this has already been posted - i did search but could find no other topics about this.

I have tried but it wont play on my PC, only my TV player, and was wondering if this is normal and if other members have any tips on how to get it to play through a computer.

I am not very good with computers - for me it's just an expensive toy that my daughter plays games on :) so I dont know if this is usual for this to happen, but i expected to be able to play it like an ordinary DVD that i could watch on the computer.

It probably won't play because it has copyright protection.

Are you able to play other DVDs on your PC>

It played perfectly well on my PC, nothing special about it. :)

Regards,

Grell

It plays fine on my TV with the DVD player - but on the PC i have tried windows vista media/cyberlink powerdvd/powercinema/AVS player but no success :(

Also my PC does play other DVD's just fine - am sitting watching the song remains the same just now.

It runs for around 2 hours and has 20 songs - all taken live from different concerts.

It's actually very good for a bonus DVD and has dazed and confused/stairway/kashmir/whole lotta love/misty mountain/black dog etc

When I first tried the DVD on my laptop, it would not register or play - none of the song titles were showing - I was on a plane and not on line. Once back to earth, I tried again while actively on line and using window media player - there is an update DVD/album tool that pulled the info automatically and added the proper titles etc. It runs fine now both on and off line.

Hope this helps

When I first tried the DVD on my laptop, it would not register or play - none of the song titles were showing - I was on a plane and not on line. Once back to earth, I tried again while actively on line and using window media player - there is an update DVD/album tool that pulled the info automatically and added the proper titles etc. It runs fine now both on and off line.

Hope this helps

It's working :)

You were right - i downloaded a DVD decoder plug-in for windows vista and it now works fine.

I am now happily watching White Summer - it may not be the full thing compared to the 2003 2 DVD set, but it's still excellent value for people like me who only have the one DVD (TSRTS) and dont have a collection......really glad i bought this now.

Hmmm i have the 2003 DVD so there is no point in me getting mothership just for the bonus DVD right?

I would say do but then I bought Mothership (without the DVD) just cos I was curious about sound, sequence of songs and it was cheap

I actually got it for the kicks ima collector but the sound on the mothership dvd is different then the otehr concerts, they over dubbed pagey and his guitar parts are more dominant then previous concerts... this cold be true or just me so check for your self

Yeah apparently its just louder and I just think its a waste of money. I dont have any of the other box sets like early days/latter days or the remasters or whatever. I just have all the albums, then TSRTS soundtrack, BBC session and How The West Was Won i think thats it... and then obviously the DVD and TSRTS DVD!

Archived