Hadn't seen this one before. What's the origin?

gibsonfan159

12 hours ago, duckman said:

There's video footage including  the band's introduction at the RAI and Immigrant Song and of course that hilarious 'cash in a suitcase scene' with Richard Cow (sic) and the Dutch concert promoter😎https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAc4GASTEGU

It is so sad that there is so little of the concert in the footage.  What is there is great.  That show on video would be such a great treasure.

5 hours ago, John M said:

It is so sad that there is so little of the concert in the footage.  What is there is great.  That show on video would be such a great treasure.

Led Zeppelin is the band of missed opportunities. Most of what we do have (TSRTS, Earl's Court, Seattle, Knebworth) are blunderous in one way or another. But I'm grateful for it.

21 hours ago, anniemouse said:

That was a great clip. Were the people using camera's in the audience press or paying punters. Would have been amazing to see the band in such a small venue.

Nope that was a professional press team from the Dutch Broadcast corporation, equipped with a 16mm camera and a Nagra reel to reel (pre video era).

Rumor has it they filmed a complete Immigrant Song. Now I wouldn't call the old RAI a small venue. As the promotor explains to R.Cole, they had a full house (10000 people). 

Edited by duckman

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/17/2018 at 8:51 AM, SteveAJones said:

Jimmy Page did this album to help out a friend - DAVID SUTCH - David was my friend too - I grew up and went to school with him - They larfed at DAVID SUTCH ?? but let me put the record straight ! DAVID SUTCH was earning over a £1,000 pounds a week when the average weekly wage in this country UK was £20-quid - He had the last larf - RIP DAVID - When you knew DAVID as i Did - you would find out that he was a sensitive boy/man who suffered from BLACK DOG ( Churchill had the same problem ) Black Dog killed him in the end when Depression made him take his own life - If your looking down David RIP. -- Colin Dale March 2018

I dig this album! Always have. -- SAJ  May 2018

Brings back memories. When I was lurking CD stores and first discovering Zeppelin, I bought the CD, drank the cool-aid. Jimmy Page and Heavy Friends I believe. I loved it. Many good jams to that CD. Not long after, CD stores died.

Thanks for the jams and Sutch!

• 2 months later...
On 11/1/2019 at 3:44 AM, gibsonfan159 said:

I thought I recognized that t shirt from Chicago. Isn't this the show with video footage?

16 minutes of it I believe. I haven't seen it, but apparently it's some nice footage. Although I have my doubts about the quality of the performance.

• 3 weeks later...