Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
thatguynamedjosh247

the stooges

Recommended Posts

anyone like the stooges here? i'm a big fan of their earlier stuff, like their first self-titled album, and "fun house". and ron asheton is the best punk guitarist imo. thoughts?

Edited by thatguynamedjosh247

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funhouse is glorious - Loose into TV Eye, it doesn't get more primal than that.
Prefer Ron Asheton to James Williamson, but Williamson-era Cock In My Pocket has the greatest lyric ever written:
'Just wanna fuck, don't want no romance'.
You don't get that in Shakespeare, Marlowe or the King James Bible...   
 

Edited by Brigante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have only Raw Power from 1973.  I love the sound and the material, especially Search and Destroy - including those lyrics! - as well as Raw Power and Shake Appeal.  I will have to listen to the first two albums.  I think Williamson is great - will have to compare him to Ron Asheton.

The sound of Search and Destroy is just amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, John M said:

I have only Raw Power from 1973.  I love the sound and the material, especially Search and Destroy - including those lyrics! - as well as Raw Power and Shake Appeal.  I will have to listen to the first two albums.  I think Williamson is great - will have to compare him to Ron Asheton.

The sound of Search and Destroy is just amazing.

i like raw power a bit, but i think the sound is a bit too tinny for my taste, but we can all agree search and destroy is amazing. as for my favorite tunes by them, i would have to say down on the street (one of the best riffs off all time imo), tv eye, and i wanna be your dog are my top three, not necessarily in that order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2018 at 11:21 AM, Brigante said:

Funhouse is glorious - Loose into TV Eye, it doesn't get more primal than that.
Prefer Ron Asheton to James Williamson, but Williamson-era Cock In My Pocket has the greatest lyric ever written:
'Just wanna fuck, don't want no romance'.
You don't get that in Shakespeare, Marlowe or the King James Bible...   
 

I have an original Elektra 1st press of Funhouse on vinyl and it is an amazing sounding record. The louder you crank it, the better is sounds and it creates a pleasant disturbance to my neighbors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a brilliant line in the YouTube comments for Loose:
'This song has the same riff as Smoke on the Water'!
Fcking funny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2018 at 12:22 PM, Brigante said:

There's a brilliant line in the YouTube comments for Loose:
'This song has the same riff as Smoke on the Water'!
Fcking funny!

lol what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2018 at 8:42 AM, Jimmy's Dragon Suit said:

I have an original Elektra 1st press of Funhouse on vinyl and it is an amazing sounding record. The louder you crank it, the better is sounds and it creates a pleasant disturbance to my neighbors.

lucky bastard... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...