Nick Mason resurrects early Pink Floyd

ForEvermore

Well, I quite like "Piper At The Gates Of Dawn" - but, yes, post-Syd/pre-Meddle is my least favorite era of PF. And yet Nick Mason may be on to something. Neither Roger nor David really play anything after the debut album (esp. Roger) - they stick mostly to the "main sequence" (i.e., 'Meddle' to 'The Wall'). However, there was an audience that liked the pre-Meddle PF - that is, they were able to remain a band for the years before they became more traditionally progressive.

Well, I concur - good luck to Nick. I'd probably check out the band if they came over here...

Syd-era Floyd I never really liked except for a few songs such as Set the Controls and Astronomie Dominie. The rest were snippets of good ideas but either a complete mess or did not really go anywhere. Then the early Gilmour period until Meddle was possibly the low point of Floyd. Meddle is ok but nothing great and AHM has a lot of great ideas which would be used on DSOTM but did noting on AHM. The only Floyd I listen to regularly is DSOTM - Animals with a wee few of the tunes from The Wall on occasion but I was never a big fan of the Wall. Good concept, mediocre execution IMO.

Interested to see what Mason will do with this though

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/31/2018 at 10:51 PM, luvlz2 said:

On 11/7/2018 at 1:04 AM, luvlz2 said:

Happy I just won off the radio a pair of "win them before you can buy them" Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets tickets!

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

I am seeing them in NYC at the Beacon Theater (1st show) and in Philadelphia on 4/20 (of course). I am looking forward to it!

Here is the setlist from the last show in the UK - I'll have this please:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick-mason/2018/royal-concert-hall-nottingham-england-73e926b5.html