Help triad chord solo Stairway to heaven

Klape

Hi,

It's been a long time since (I rock and roll) ok just kidding 😙, I've been wondering what's are the little triad chords Jimmy is playing during the solo in 1977 (and so on afterward ..)

It start right at that moment and end at 10:00, of course he's not facing the camera, too easy otherwise ! the sound quality doesn't help me to find the right triads. Thank you very much for your help

• 3 weeks later...

Very quick listen, but I think that it's Am > G > Am > F each time, all on top E, B, & G strings.

First time through Am is at 8th fret, G at 7th, F at 5th. (The same inversions could be played on B, G, & D strings : Am at 13th, G at 12th, F at 10th)

Second time Am is at 17th, G at 15th, F at 13th. Third is same as first, fourth time plays the Am then goes into next lead bit.

Something similar, anyway :)

9 hours ago, huw said:

Very quick listen, but I think that it's Am > G > Am > F each time, all on top E, B, & G strings.

First time through Am is at 8th fret, G at 7th, F at 5th. (The same inversions could be played on B, G, & D strings : Am at 13th, G at 12th, F at 10th)

Second time Am is at 17th, G at 15th, F at 13th. Third is same as first, fourth time plays the Am then goes into next lead bit.

Something similar, anyway :)

Yea, just take the Dm and Dmaj shapes and move them up so that the root note is on the second string (11th fret for first chord. 

Here's a quick vid I made on acoustic; I play the root notes at the end.

Archived