Absolutely Great Black Dog Cover

This was recorded just a couple of weeks ago, a proper international collaboration. Alyona Yarushina from Russia on lead vocals, Andrei Cerbu from Romania on guitar, Sina from Germany on drums. Sina's dad played bass, but didn't wish to appear in the video. Andrei and Sina are both still teenagers, Alyona a little older. I'll be doing a seperate thread later just for Alyona.

3 hours ago, The Rover said:

I'd like to know if Alyona is using auto-tune, or if she can really sing that well without "electronics?"

I'd enjoy seeing Alyona singing "Heart of Glass".

Alyona...autotune...😲 !  Alyona also sings with a touring russian Led Zeppelin tribute band, Plumbum Dreamz. They are also spelt as Plumbum Dreams, so there's two different listings on You Tube. I'm not sure which is the correct one. There's lots of good stuff from them on You Tube where you can see how she gets along 😀. Alyona's not done any Blondie yet and she has started recording for her first album. But this is one of her solo interpretations of a well known song. In her video notes, Alyona explains that she recorded all the instruments herself using the midi keyboard and Logic Pro on her laptop. Wanted has never sounded like this before...

1 hour ago, The Rover said:

I still think she's doing something, like multi-tracking her voice. That's okay... I'd just like to hear an example of her singing into a mike without any "extras"...

Alyona does like to do all her own harmonies and backing vocals. I think that she records most of her stuff at home. Ok, just singing into a mike, I can't see any of the dark arts going on here 😀 Change of groove, Alyona now sounding like Ann Wilson 😲 Get ready for the big chorus...

Archived