Zeppelin's most exotic song

hummingbird69

10 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

If you really think about it, I think, there are a bunch of tracks that are exotic where Rock and Roll is concerned. Take Achilles Last Stand or In The Evening.  Even Dazed has some really weird stuff going on Live. Another exotic tune,  Boogie With Stu.

I would not consider "Boogie With Stu" being an exotic Zeppelin song as it's not something they wrote.  It's diverse with the instrumental elements of the song.  It's also an original Eddie Cochran song called "Ooh My Head."  But they did it in their own way and making it a bit more unique as not a complete copy of Cochran's.  But, they should have given him credit for the song rather than just his mom.   Well, anyway and not something to make a big deal out of after so many years!

13 minutes ago, SuperDave said:

I would not consider "Boogie With Stu" being an exotic Zeppelin song as it's not something they wrote.  It's diverse with the instrumental elements of the song.  It's also an original Eddie Cochran song called "Ooh My Head."  But they did it in their own way and making it a bit more unique as not a complete copy of Cochran's.  But, they should have given him credit for the song rather than just his mom.   Well, anyway and not something to make a big deal out of after so many years!

It wasn’t Eddie Cochran, it was Ritchie Valens. They credited Mrs Valens as they’d heard that she hadn’t received any royalties from her sons catalogue and they wanted to make sure she got something from it.

10 hours ago, babysquid said:

It wasn’t Eddie Cochran, it was Ritchie Valens. They credited Mrs Valens as they’d heard that she hadn’t received any royalties from her sons catalogue and they wanted to make sure she got something from it.

That was my mistake as some reason I thought of wrong name but know this.  Thanks for the info.

Archived