What conspiracy theories do you think are real or are ridiculous?

gibsonfan159

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

I was posting here in February 2020 that it came from the Wuhan bio lab, complete with maps, and taking nothing but heat for it from skeptics. The main reason we (US) aren't holding the Communist Chinese responsible for it is because that Fauci son of a bitch not only knew what they were doing he was funding it.

Yes.  The idea of a lab release was always a sensible (if not the most sensible) conjecture.  (BTW this still leaves many open questions about accidental vs. intentional, the extent of collaboration between the CCP and American Deep State, etc., it's not an inherently anti-Chinese theory.)  Reasonable people can  certainly disagree over this, but as you note, here and in the MSM in general, the idea was rejected out of hand hysterically, it wasn't even considered acceptably open to debate.  

6 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

:hysterical:

C'mon Saggy Frog Bob. 
China has a stellar human rights record don't they? What's a few million people? Cull the herd. Get enough people to blame Trump for failing to keep the virus out of the USA. 
This is no more far fetched than people getting reeled in by Russian collusion.

Humor me... this is a conspiracy theory thread.

22 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

That could be it or it could be a typical reaction to typical human behaviors. I find most humans to be selfish, ignorant, scared, demanding, and entitled to a degree. As a result our elected leaders do need to keep certain things from the public otherwise a public outcry, or even uprising (see Jan 6th) is very possible. Kinda like how they pretty much refuse to disclose anything about the possibility of alien life. There are some things which are so, unpredictable or "alien" for want of a better term that releasing such info could be more damaging then withholding it. Just like the JFK & MLK assassinations, the truth could lead to god knows what among the citizenry. 

4nlst1.jpg

On 5/28/2021 at 1:39 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

How about, the idea that Covid-19 is man-made?  Oh wait, that's no longer a "conspiracy theory" because the MSM now takes the possibility seriously (after Pope Fauci got cornered and couldn't bullshit his way out of it, even with the media covering for him).  The intellectual dishonesty of these people is just appalling.  

The former director said he personally believed it was man made. That same person also said there was absolutely no evidence to support that opinion. 

Strange how all it takes is one person's unproven opinion to support conspiracy, yet thousands of other expert's studies don't count. Just saying. If the evidence pops up showing it was man made, so be it, but the actual science has to prevail, not the opinion or assumption.

On 5/28/2021 at 7:23 PM, SteveAJones said:

I was posting here in February 2020 that it came from the Wuhan bio lab, complete with maps, and taking nothing but heat for it from skeptics. The main reason we (US) aren't holding the Communist Chinese responsible for it is because that Fauci son of a bitch not only knew what they were doing he was funding it.

The reason we're not holding them responsible is because bullshit assumptions don't outweigh legitimate studies and analysis. You seem to be stuck on the Nostradamus effect- predict a thousand things and if you get one right then you're a prophet. Well, keep holding your breath.

On 5/28/2021 at 4:23 PM, SteveAJones said:

Gotta hand it to you SAJ, you were on the right track over a year ago with this Chinese Kung Flu thing.  Some pretty compelling evidence now coming out that the odds of the amino acid chains in this virus happening naturally are about zero. Question remains; was it man made and then accidentally released?  Of man made and intentionally released?

I believe the free world should be accusing China of INTENTIONAL. And I base that on their deceit, lying, and other actions as suggesting a "guilty mind".   Accidents happen, but if it was an accident and they knew that, why lie about it, and why not stop the flights going out all over the world????

I wonder if facebook and twitter will now apologize to all of the people they banned for even suggesting this Wuhan virus was a conspiracy?  I doubt it.

11 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

The former director said he personally believed it was man made. That same person also said there was absolutely no evidence to support that opinion. 

Strange how all it takes is one person's unproven opinion to support conspiracy, yet thousands of other expert's studies don't count. Just saying. If the evidence pops up showing it was man made, so be it, but the actual science has to prevail, not the opinion or assumption.

If this has any relevance to the point being made - that political considerations constrain acceptable avenues of scientific investigation - you're welcome to explain it.

On 5/29/2021 at 6:25 AM, jabe said:

C'mon Saggy Frog Bob. 
China has a stellar human rights record don't they? What's a few million people? Cull the herd. Get enough people to blame Trump for failing to keep the virus out of the USA. 
This is no more far fetched than people getting reeled in by Russian collusion.

Humor me... this is a conspiracy theory thread.

On 5/29/2021 at 1:15 PM, cryingbluerain said:

4nlst1.jpg

More like the general population cannot handle the truth. People are too stupid, too reactionary, too willing to discount proven facts in favor of their own opinions.

I would not trust the average American too choose a proper appetizer at an Applebee's much less trust them with the truth. The founder's were right about one thing, when they said democracy cannot be trusted to the average citizen, which is why only landowning white guys (about 20% of the population) were allowed to vote initially. I praise their theory, just their execution of the principal sucked. 

Edited by BobDobbs

11 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

More like the general population cannot handle the truth. People are too stupid, too reactionary, too willing to discount proven facts in favor of their own opinions.

This is the kind of attitude adopted by corporate and government controlled media outlets that people don't believe or trust what they are hearing from them anymore and rightly so.

https://countercurrents.org/2021/01/american-trust-in-the-mainstream-media-hits-an-all-time-low/

2 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

This is the kind of attitude adopted by corporate and government controlled media outlets that people don't believe or trust what they are hearing from them anymore and rightly so.

https://countercurrents.org/2021/01/american-trust-in-the-mainstream-media-hits-an-all-time-low/

Thanks for proving my point. Kudos 

18 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

If your point was that people don't like being lied to or having the truth withheld from them for political purposes then you're welcome.

The point is the majority of people are little more than grown up children. Give them the truth and they simply cannot handle it most of the time. Lie and they get upset they were lied to. Reminds me of the wife who demands honesty from her husband yet every time he is honest with her she gets upset.

Problem is with most people you simply cannot please them. They are too selfish, stupid, and petty. The concept of higher reasoning simply cannot compute.

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

The point is the majority of people are little more than grown up children. Give them the truth and they simply cannot handle it most of the time. Lie and they get upset they were lied to.

Perhaps, but lying and hiding the truth is what children do so one cannot claim to be the adult in the room if that is what they are doing.

8 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

Perhaps, but lying and hiding the truth is what children do so one cannot claim to be the adult in the room if that is what they are doing.

Adults in the room? What adults? There are no adults, that's the whole problem. Our civilization has turned into an absurd version of Kindergarten with weapons.

18 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

The point is the majority of people are little more than grown up children. 

Truth. The last year or so's absolutely proved this to me. I live in an end-terrace (row house) and every last one of the clods on here revealed themselves to be full-on mardy adult babies over covid. The extent of the entitled hissy, bratty toddlerdom was quite jaw-dropping.  

4 hours ago, Brigante said:

Truth. The last year or so's absolutely proved this to me. I live in an end-terrace (row house) and every last one of the clods on here revealed themselves to be full-on mardy adult babies over covid. The extent of the entitled hissy, bratty toddlerdom was quite jaw-dropping.  

No doubt, and this just proves that should we suffer some major interruption of service(s) for more than three days, the affected area(s) would immediately descend into a re-creation of The Road. People have forgotten how to come together, how to help each other when real disasters happen. You take away FEMA and other government supported agencies who help out during disasters and look out. When the controls are removed, welcome to the Thunderdome.

17 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

After seeing the awful "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" I was reminded of the CIA infiltration of the counterculture:

'Chaos: Charles Manson, the CIA and the Secret History of the Sixties' - Rolling Stone

Heh, based on comments on here I thought I was the only one that hated "Once Upon a Time....".  Good to see I wasn't the only one to swallow the hype.