What conspiracy theories do you think are real or are ridiculous?

gibsonfan159

NatlSolarObservatory@NatSolarObs

· Sep 13, 2018

Thank you for your patience while the closure at Sunspot Observatory is resolved. Our other facilities are open and NSO is operating as normal. @AURADC - our management org - is addressing a security issue at Sunspot and has temporarily vacated the facility as a precaution

🤔 

poster_bb3410635f5d46479124b6fce9ff0ffe_13128735_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

10 hours ago, zepscoda said:

NatlSolarObservatory@NatSolarObs

· Sep 13, 2018

Thank you for your patience while the closure at Sunspot Observatory is resolved. Our other facilities are open and NSO is operating as normal. @AURADC - our management org - is addressing a security issue at Sunspot and has temporarily vacated the facility as a precaution

🤔

poster_bb3410635f5d46479124b6fce9ff0ffe_13128735_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

There were apparently six shutdown around the world......

• 10 months later...

Colin McClaren, and the late Mr Donahue, ballistics expert, have convinced me that George Hickey, the CIA agent in the car behind JFK, accidentally fired the fatal 223 bullet that killed JFK.  A terrible tragedy covered up by the CIA.  The show is Smoking Gun and the book is Mortal Error.  The evidence is beyond compelling

On 7/27/2019 at 3:31 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Colin McClaren, and the late Mr Donahue, ballistics expert, have convinced me that George Hickey, the CIA agent in the car behind JFK, accidentally fired the fatal 223 bullet that killed JFK.  A terrible tragedy covered up by the CIA.  The show is Smoking Gun and the book is Mortal Error.  The evidence is beyond compelling

BULLSHIT! It was the Comedian, Smoking Man & Woody Harleson's dad on the grassy knoll. Do not besmirch the fine character of this CIA agent as your comment is obviously very, very silly. Yes, you are a very silly man. SILLY!!!

8 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

BULLSHIT! It was the Comedian, Smoking Man & Woody Harleson's dad on the grassy knoll. Do not besmirch the fine character of this CIA agent as your comment is obviously very, very silly. Yes, you are a very silly man. SILLY!!!

Not silly, true!!!!!!

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Not silly, true!!!!!!

But seriously, I doubt it was the CIA guy who accidentally killed Kennedy and for several reasons. First, such an accidental shot is almost impossible, statistically Kennedy could have won the lottery before such an accidental shot could be made. Second, and this is the importaint one, more than 1/4 of Kennedy's head was completely blown off and no bullet was found, only shrapnel fragments within the existing brain cavity. I was in  the service and have been around military grade weapons all my life and there is no way in hell a .223 jacketed round would have done that to Kennedy's head. If it was the new M-16 which accidentally fired the fatal round there would have been a small entrance hole and his brain would have been turned into scrambled egg with no exit would. Reason being is the .223 round was designed to cause massive internal damage to a human being and making medical care near impossible. Case in point, a 7.62 WARSAW Pact round could cause the damage to Kennedy's head but the .223 could not, especially as the rounds used are jacketed. The .223 is a very small but very high velocity round, when it hits a human being the bullet is unstable and bounces around inside the human body. It is not uncommon for a person to get shot in say the left shoulder and have the bullet found in the leg as that is what the round was designed to do. It essentially is a workaround to the Geneva Convention ban on hollow point or soft rounds for combat use. The CIA & FBI both use jacketed rounds in their weapons. The only possibility would be if the agent was using his own, non-approved rounds but that would be almost impossible as the .223 round was brand new and only available through government sources in 1963.

Also, both the wound itself and the Zapruder Film appear to imply the round came from the front-right of Kennedy and not from behind but again this too is debatable due to several factors. Bottom line is we will never know what happened to Kennedy unless be can invent a time machine. 56 years and the greatest sanitation job in government history has made sure of that.

15 minutes ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

But seriously, I doubt it was the CIA guy who accidentally killed Kennedy and for several reasons. First, such an accidental shot is almost impossible, statistically Kennedy could have won the lottery before such an accidental shot could be made. Second, and this is the importaint one, more than 1/4 of Kennedy's head was completely blown off and no bullet was found, only shrapnel fragments within the existing brain cavity. I was in  the service and have been around military grade weapons all my life and there is no way in hell a .223 jacketed round would have done that to Kennedy's head. If it was the new M-16 which accidentally fired the fatal round there would have been a small entrance hole and his brain would have been turned into scrambled egg with no exit would. Reason being is the .223 round was designed to cause massive internal damage to a human being and making medical care near impossible. Case in point, a 7.62 WARSAW Pact round could cause the damage to Kennedy's head but the .223 could not, especially as the rounds used are jacketed. The .223 is a very small but very high velocity round, when it hits a human being the bullet is unstable and bounces around inside the human body. It is not uncommon for a person to get shot in say the left shoulder and have the bullet found in the leg as that is what the round was designed to do. It essentially is a workaround to the Geneva Convention ban on hollow point or soft rounds for combat use. The CIA & FBI both use jacketed rounds in their weapons. The only possibility would be if the agent was using his own, non-approved rounds but that would be almost impossible as the .223 round was brand new and only available through government sources in 1963.

Also, both the wound itself and the Zapruder Film appear to imply the round came from the front-right of Kennedy and not from behind but again this too is debatable due to several factors. Bottom line is we will never know what happened to Kennedy unless be can invent a time machine. 56 years and the greatest sanitation job in government history has made sure of that.

Howard Donahue was the ballistics expert that passed away in 99.  Colin McClaren reopened the case, the Aussie criminal expert.  They make a compelling argument in "The Smoking Gun" (2013) that George Hickey was the one that accidentally fired the fatal head wound.  I BELIEVE IT.    It makes perfect sense.  Watch it and then get back to me.  The two rounds that Oswald fired they refer to as Full Metal Jacket rounds.  The 223 is the bullet used in many prisons by guards.  Hickey would not speak publicly ever about the assassination, and he died in 2005 refusing to answer letters written to him and the proof was there that he received them. 

They do not believe any shots came from the grassy knoll

Do you at least concede that Oswald did not fire the fatal head shot?

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

On 7/27/2019 at 6:31 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The CIA was definitely involved. But nothing was that day was an accident.

3 bullets in a matter of seconds but the death blow was unintentional?

JFK had by that time made so many political enemies, even he knew it was coming.

50 minutes ago, Badgeholder Still said:

The CIA was definitely involved. But nothing was that day was an accident.

3 bullets in a matter of seconds but the death blow was unintentional?

JFK had by that time made so many political enemies, even he knew it was coming.

Well at least we are in agreement that Oswald did not fire the fatal shot.  Not sure you have a theory?   But McLaren makes perfect sense with the late Howard Donahue's ballistic evidence.  Its tough to ignore.  Watch it.  

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well at least we are in agreement that Oswald did not fire the fatal shot.  Not sure you have a theory?   But McLaren makes perfect sense with the late Howard Donahue's ballistic evidence.  Its tough to ignore.  Watch it.  

Oswald in fact DID fire the fatal shot. For people to continue to believe that an ex-Marine with a bolt action rifle from from an elevated firing position shooting at a slow moving convertible on a clear dry day could not make that shot isn't paying attention.

At the heart of most of these "conspiracy theories" is generally someone SELLING (for profit) another book, another movie, or some other means to 'click bait' on the internet to SELL web traffic to advertisers.

Oswald killed Kennedy. He was the lone shooter. If there was any conspiracy in an around the event it was only the embarrassment of the FBI and the CIA (after the event) who should have been ahead of the curve on Oswald and should have coordinated better to keep an eye on him. The government failed that day to protect the commander in chief, careers were at stake, fingers were pointed, but nobody stepped up to admit they dropped the ball.  There are MANY crazy and or evil people out there and you can't keep tabs on all of them. Here in the USA we live in a free open society and with that comes the good with the bad.

Edited by kipper

2 hours ago, kipper said:

Oswald in fact DID fire the fatal shot. For people to continue to believe that an ex-Marine with a bolt action rifle from from an elevated firing position shooting at a slow moving convertible on a clear dry day could not make that shot isn't paying attention.

At the heart of most of these "conspiracy theories" is generally someone SELLING (for profit) another book, another movie, or some other means to 'click bait' on the internet to SELL web traffic to advertisers.

Oswald killed Kennedy. He was the lone shooter. If there was any conspiracy in an around the event it was only the embarrassment of the FBI and the CIA (after the event) who should have been ahead of the curve on Oswald and should have coordinated better to keep an eye on him. The government failed that day to protect the commander in chief, careers were at stake, fingers were pointed, but nobody stepped up to admit they dropped the ball.  There are MANY crazy and or evil people out there and you can't keep tabs on all of them. Here in the USA we live in a free open society and with that comes the good with the bad.

I was 6 on that fateful day, sent home from my Catholic school due to the assassination of the only Catholic president in our history.  Why don't you watch "The Smoking Gun" (2013), Colin McClarin a respected Australian retired investigator armed with the ballistics evidence of an expert named Howard Donahue.  Watch it.  What do you have  to lose?  Its on You Tube.  I have studied the theories countless times.  This one makes all the sense in the  world.  They have not only covered the ballistics, the Zapruder film, the timing, the shots, eye witness's, and the CIA and their totally negligent actions after the  arrival at Parkland hospital.  I tell you that George Hickey fired the fatal shot.  I have no doubt.  It is proven.  And Donahue himself re created the shots using Oswalds rifle from the exact distance, and the moving target at 11 MPH, and on only his 3rd attempt could a sharp shooter get 3 shots to hit the target in 5.6 seconds.  Oswald had no practice rounds.  He had to be scarred and nervous.  And the bullet that went through JFK and then Connelly, the magic bullet if you will, they proved was accurate by the Warren commission.  That is about all they got right.  Watch this entire film and then and only then come back here and spew your nonsense to me.

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I was 6 on that fateful day, sent home from my Catholic school due to the assassination of the only Catholic president in our history.  Why don't you watch "The Smoking Gun" (2013), Colin McClarin a respected Australian retired investigator armed with the ballistics evidence of an expert named Howard Donahue.  Watch it.  What do you have  to lose?  Its on You Tube.  I have studied the theories countless times.  This one makes all the sense in the  world.  They have not only covered the ballistics, the Zapruder film, the timing, the shots, eye witness's, and the CIA and their totally negligent actions after the  arrival at Parkland hospital.  I tell you that George Hickey fired the fatal shot.  I have no doubt.  It is proven.  And Donahue himself re created the shots using Oswalds rifle from the exact distance, and the moving target at 11 MPH, and on only his 3rd attempt could a sharp shooter get 3 shots to hit the target in 5.6 seconds.  Oswald had no practice rounds.  He had to be scarred and nervous.  And the bullet that went through JFK and then Connelly, the magic bullet if you will, they proved was accurate by the Warren commission.  That is about all they got right.  Watch this entire film and then and only then come back here and spew your nonsense to me.

Rick,

The shot has been replicated by other snipers more than once. Talk to any current Army/Marine/Navy(SEAL) sniper and they will tell you that Oswald's shot was not as difficult as some conspiracy folks would lead you to believe. Nobody is claiming that Oswald was the greatest rifleman in the world, and certainly luck my play into it, but his shot was not something that needed a second shooter. There was no second shooter.

It has also been pointed out more than once that JFK's wounds were consistent with rear entry to the head. Many people who watched the Zapruder film assume that because JFK's head flew backward that the shot came from the front. That is how it looks in movies.... or from a shotgun blast. When round of that caliber enters the skull it creates tremendous pressure inside of the cranium and then upon the projectile exiting the other side the "jet effect" of brain and other matter causes the head to move in the DIRECTION OF the shot--- to the entry side.

Just remember that films, books, newspapers, television shows etc are all seeking COMMERCIAL bottom lines----  i.e. MONEY.  Therefore any new "theory" that grabs attention means somebody is getting paid.... and clearly many people are willing to buy into it.  Even a documentary on Youtube has commercial value as you know. The more views the more $$$.

The only mildly entertaining theory I ever heard was that the Florida Mafia wanted to kill JFK so that RFK would no longer be the Attorney General. That the "mob" felt betrayed after helping JFK's father win the election against Nixon for JFK by shady voting in Chicago with the help of mayor Daley, and then later RFK as the top lawman in the country went after mob interests. Thus by eliminating JFK then eventually LBJ would appoint a different Attorney General because it was well known that not only did RFK hate Johnson, but so did his brother. But in the end that is only entertaining to read; the mafia was all about business, and a move like that if discovered would be very bad for business.

12 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Howard Donahue was the ballistics expert that passed away in 99.  Colin McClaren reopened the case, the Aussie criminal expert.  They make a compelling argument in "The Smoking Gun" (2013) that George Hickey was the one that accidentally fired the fatal head wound.  I BELIEVE IT.    It makes perfect sense.  Watch it and then get back to me.  The two rounds that Oswald fired they refer to as Full Metal Jacket rounds.  The 223 is the bullet used in many prisons by guards.  Hickey would not speak publicly ever about the assassination, and he died in 2005 refusing to answer letters written to him and the proof was there that he received them. 

They do not believe any shots came from the grassy knoll

Do you at least concede that Oswald did not fire the fatal head shot?

Honestly, I cannot contest anything regarding the Kennedy assassination. Just about anything is possible at this point. The Warren Commission buried the facts so deep we will find Jimmy Hoffa's body before we ever discover the truth about the Kennedy Assassination.

9 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Honestly, I cannot contest anything regarding the Kennedy assassination. Just about anything is possible at this point. The Warren Commission buried the facts so deep we will find Jimmy Hoffa's body before we ever discover the truth about the Kennedy Assassination.

Exactly. The truth will never be revealed/confirmed now.

NEVER.

16 hours ago, kipper said:

Rick,

The shot has been replicated by other snipers more than once. Talk to any current Army/Marine/Navy(SEAL) sniper and they will tell you that Oswald's shot was not as difficult as some conspiracy folks would lead you to believe. Nobody is claiming that Oswald was the greatest rifleman in the world, and certainly luck my play into it, but his shot was not something that needed a second shooter. There was no second shooter.

It has also been pointed out more than once that JFK's wounds were consistent with rear entry to the head. Many people who watched the Zapruder film assume that because JFK's head flew backward that the shot came from the front. That is how it looks in movies.... or from a shotgun blast. When round of that caliber enters the skull it creates tremendous pressure inside of the cranium and then upon the projectile exiting the other side the "jet effect" of brain and other matter causes the head to move in the DIRECTION OF the shot--- to the entry side.

Just remember that films, books, newspapers, television shows etc are all seeking COMMERCIAL bottom lines----  i.e. MONEY.  Therefore any new "theory" that grabs attention means somebody is getting paid.... and clearly many people are willing to buy into it.  Even a documentary on Youtube has commercial value as you know. The more views the more $$$.

The only mildly entertaining theory I ever heard was that the Florida Mafia wanted to kill JFK so that RFK would no longer be the Attorney General. That the "mob" felt betrayed after helping JFK's father win the election against Nixon for JFK by shady voting in Chicago with the help of mayor Daley, and then later RFK as the top lawman in the country went after mob interests. Thus by eliminating JFK then eventually LBJ would appoint a different Attorney General because it was well known that not only did RFK hate Johnson, but so did his brother. But in the end that is only entertaining to read; the mafia was all about business, and a move like that if discovered would be very bad for business.

The fatal shot was a different caliber bullet that came from the bolt action Italian rifle that Oswald brought.  Colin McClaren said "its a clumsy  weapon to bring to this kind of a fight".  The third shot was consistent with a 223.  In 1967 11 marksmen conducted a test using a moving target, 11 mph, the speed of the presidential limo, and Oswald's bolt action rifle.  Only 1 marksman was able to hit the target 3 times.  It happened to be expert marksman Howard Donahue.  He was asked to write a story to support the Warren commission and it wound up opposing it.  He believed Oswald could not have fired the 3 shots in under 5.6 seconds.  The conclusion is that the first shot by Oswald hit JFK at the base of his neck, and then went through Governor Connelly's chest and eventually lodged in Connelly's left thigh.  The magic bullet.  They believed Oswald missed the 2nd shot. The 3rd and fatal shot came from the trailing limo, and accidentally fired by Hickey from the AR15.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

12 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

The CIA was even worse than the Warren Commission and they moved Heaven and Earth to try and protect George Hickey.  Hickey waited two years to try and sue Donahue.  Why?  If you were truly innocent of this you would be screaming and would sue immediately.  He fired the fatal shot and he did is accidentally.  He died in 2005.  A guilty man that could not look in the mirror after November 22 1963

7 of the 11 witness's that smelled gunpowder and saw Hickey raise the AR15  were CIA agents on the scene.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

...I can't believe the Jeffery Epstein mysterious death hasn't made this thread yet!

The more we know about that gulag the more it seems like no conspiracy. You know it must be rough when the leader of one of the most violent Mexican drug cartels ever complains how it is like torture. Coupled with cronic/dangerous staff shortages and corner cutting staff that are just exhausted and there is not much need for conspiracy.

BUT - having such an important prisoner try to top himself only a week or so before and NOT being on suicide watch needs explaining. And there were allegedly quite a few wealthy and powerful people he could have destroyed. The question is: had he already sung to the authorities? Is what he disclosed in the hands of a few that can be compromised???

The evidence is very compelling, the Smoking Gun, by the late Donahue and by Colin McClaren the Aussie detective.  I have little doubt that George Kennedy deliberately refused to testify and answer those return receipt letters from Donahue knowing he had fired the fatal bullet by accident.  I doubt he slept much  at night.  He should have come clean.   The CIA did a fine but messy and evident job of covering up the evidence.  And how the fuck do you lose the brain of the President of the United States?  Oswald is the guilty one.  He put the chain of events in motion.  If not for this fatal mistake, Kennedy would have lived and Oswald may have not been gunned down by Ruby?  At least John Wilkes Booth was somebody.   

Do you know that Lincoln was the only American President that never belonged to a church?  He spoke of God often but never admitted to being a Christian.  He certainly was not a Jew.  I find this strange given his strong views on Emancipation.  

11 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The evidence is very compelling, the Smoking Gun, by the late Donahue and by Colin McClaren the Aussie detective.  I have little doubt that George Kennedy deliberately refused to testify and answer those return receipt letters from Donahue knowing he had fired the fatal bullet by accident.  I doubt he slept much  at night.  He should have come clean.   The CIA did a fine but messy and evident job of covering up the evidence.  And how the fuck do you lose the brain of the President of the United States?  Oswald is the guilty one.  He put the chain of events in motion.  If not for this fatal mistake, Kennedy would have lived and Oswald may have not been gunned down by Ruby?  At least John Wilkes Booth was somebody.   

Do you know that Lincoln was the only American President that never belonged to a church?  He spoke of God often but never admitted to being a Christian.  He certainly was not a Jew.  I find this strange given his strong views on Emancipation.  

Lincoln was one of the most articulate and calculating politicians of any age. I doubt few could best him in a debate.

On 8/17/2019 at 7:36 PM, PeaceFrogYum said:

Lincoln was one of the most articulate and calculating politicians of any age. I doubt few could best him in a debate.

He was a very smart man.  Perhaps even brilliant.  But lets not forget he lived in a far different world than the one we live in now

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

He was a very smart man.  Perhaps even brilliant.  But lets not forget he lived in a far different world than the one we live in now

Without a doubt we must consider the context of the times. Just like currently with all of these stupid purity tests among politicians. You cannot blame a person for acting in accordance with the times as people do not have a crystal ball.

This whole "woke" bullshit is just that. Lincoln was a white supremacist but then again even most hardcore abolitionists in 1859 were of the belief in the superiority of the white race. Almost all abolitionists looked at black people as child-like, the whole white mans burden thing.

If most of these "woke" assholes actually read what Lincoln himself wrote they would not be so enamored with him due to their myopic ideals.

On 8/19/2019 at 11:08 PM, PeaceFrogYum said:

Without a doubt we must consider the context of the times. Just like currently with all of these stupid purity tests among politicians. You cannot blame a person for acting in accordance with the times as people do not have a crystal ball.

This whole "woke" bullshit is just that. Lincoln was a white supremacist but then again even most hardcore abolitionists in 1859 were of the belief in the superiority of the white race. Almost all abolitionists looked at black people as child-like, the whole white mans burden thing.

If most of these "woke" assholes actually read what Lincoln himself wrote they would not be so enamored with him due to their myopic ideals.

While we are on Lincoln, there are many that believe John Wilkes Booth was not killed in Garret's barn on that night, 12 days after the assassination.  Some of the arguments make sense.  But as much as I doubt it, I am in agreement its totally ridiculous to not put the argument to bed by simply allowing the piece of bone from the bone remains they have at a museum, no doubt from the man killed in the barn and run a DNA test  The Booth surviving family members are in favor of it.  Its just crazy to block this from being done.  We deserve to know the truth about Lincoln and Kennedy.  Of course in the case of JFK, its much more complicated.  One would think the one from 1986 would be more difficult than the one from 1963 but that is not the case.We know Booth was the killer but the only small doubt was whether he was with Harold in that barn.  There was plenty of opportunity to get him out of Virginia and have someone else be in the barn with Harold.  

On 8/22/2019 at 5:02 PM, kipper said:

There is no extraterrestrial intelligent life and I will bet anyone a gazillion darseks that I am right.

I do not agree due to the mathematical probability of millions of other inhabited planets within our galaxy alone much less the universe, other universes, and other dimensions.

However, unlike those who believe in religion (which also cannot be proven, mathematically or otherwise), I would never insist my belief is correct due to a complete lack of solid evidence. And I sure as hell would never wish to convert another nor push my belief on another.

I personally don't care what anyone either believes or does not believe, but if someone tries to push their bullshit on me I will expose them for the shitbird idiot they truly are.