09/29/1971 Osaka - Stairway To Heaven - EVSD SBD Single

mknopfler

I can't see that EV doesn't have the entire SBD. . Why give them all songs but 2 or 3? They are playing games with the few of us collectors left and I get it. . Business is business but to not put the rest out now just to squeeze a few more dollars out of us is bush. .It's gonna end up on line anyway and to see the prices that are outrageous. .Make some collectors price and the rest affordable like eelgrass or moonchild.  It feels like we are all chasing our tails. .I'm happy this is a show I'm content with the AUD:)

Edited by Bozoso73

15 hours ago, jbrum77634 said:

Just seen a comment on a Japanese site that suggest the set is on sale, presumably in Blind Faith, and that Friends is definitely not included.  10 songs as per the Airraid site.

456399198_Schermafbeelding2018-09-24om07_31_12.png.b2c43bdee534b4abe9b177d360199acc.png

Does anyone have a clue why this tk01 Friends is tagged after Dazed on disc 1 ????

5 minutes ago, duckman said:

456399198_Schermafbeelding2018-09-24om07_31_12.png.b2c43bdee534b4abe9b177d360199acc.png

Does anyone have a clue why this tk01 Friends is tagged after Dazed on disc 1 ????

It’s a bonus track on a separate disc. The listings suggest that Friends is only available on the most expensive box option. So, that song is still the “free” bait, just like with the previous single-song samplers. Even with that $380 box, by not including Stairway, you would still need to buy that sampler too. 

I’m sure there are plenty of people who are annoyed with this strategy, but it is what it is. Hopefully these releases get EV the money they are hoping to make, and that this clears the way for getting the rest of the show released. 

29 minutes ago, pluribus said:

It’s a bonus track on a separate disc. The listings suggest that Friends is only available on the most expensive box option. So, that song is still the “free” bait, just like with the previous single-song samplers. Even with that $380 box, by not including Stairway, you would still need to buy that sampler too. 

I’m sure there are plenty of people who are annoyed with this strategy, but it is what it is. Hopefully these releases get EV the money they are hoping to make, and that this clears the way for getting the rest of the show released. 

Thanks Pluribus,

Thankfully I already got Friends as a gift with Stairway this spring

Some translation of the details from BBS (thanks to Google translate!)

Regrettably, the songs recorded for "King of Major" / "Geisha" / "How the East was Won" released from EV remain at 10 songs (about 90 minutes).
Even if you added STH and Friends (less than 14 minutes by 2 songs) among the three songs that were released earlier to this, 70 minutes or more have not been recorded yet ....
It may be thought that the track released by the official release (delivery?) May have been pulled out, but in any case, unless a longer version is released from EV in the future, you can not listen to the full version of WLL medley with real SBD sound quality .
Ultimately you may only be satisfied with "Arigatou Osaka".

According to the liner inside the store, Friends is not included in this box set.

15 minutes ago, duckman said:

Thanks Pluribus,

Thankfully I already got Friends as a gift with Stairway this spring

Some translation of the details from BBS (thanks to Google translate!)

Regrettably, the songs recorded for "King of Major" / "Geisha" / "How the East was Won" released from EV remain at 10 songs (about 90 minutes).
Even if you added STH and Friends (less than 14 minutes by 2 songs) among the three songs that were released earlier to this, 70 minutes or more have not been recorded yet ....
It may be thought that the track released by the official release (delivery?) May have been pulled out, but in any case, unless a longer version is released from EV in the future, you can not listen to the full version of WLL medley with real SBD sound quality .
Ultimately you may only be satisfied with "Arigatou Osaka".

According to the liner inside the store, Friends is not included in this box set.

So what does all that mean mate? And what is BBS? 

53 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

So what does all that mean mate? And what is BBS? 

A BBS was/is a bulletin board in the early days of the internet. Full of announcements and stuff you whether or not you wanted to know about a certain subject - e.g. Led Zeppelin! Later on you were able to download photo's with an astonishing rate of 2400 Baud = 9600 bps. I once downloaded a Led Zeppelin MSG-photo which took me about 12 mins.😜 During which you weren't able to call or receive telephone calls...

Edited by Moby_Dick_Ale

27 minutes ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

A BBS was/is a bulletin board in the early days of the internet. Full of announcements and stuff you whether or not you wanted to know about a certain subject - e.g. Led Zeppelin! Later on you were able to download photo's with an astonishing rate of 2400 Baud = 9600 bps. I once downloaded a Led Zeppelin MSG-photo which took me about 12 mins.😜 During which you weren't able to call or receive telephone calls...

Thanks for clarification, Moby Dick Ale.... that bulltin board looks incredibly dated. And are these posts related to Black Beauty?

I don't think it's on a bonus disc. According to the info given, the "Oh-show" box contains 5 cd's: 2 containing the "new soundboard" show and the other 3 the complete show in one form or another as we already know like Moonchild's "Arigatou Osaka".

According to www.argenteumastrum.com: "plus as a special bonus the original EVSD Audience source to provide two completely different listening perspectives for this awesome show”.

4 minutes ago, duckman said:

Thanks for clarification, Moby Dick Ale.... that bulltin board looks incredibly dated. And are these posts related to Black Beauty?

I don't know for sure as Japanese is not my native language, but I think this BBS is the predecessor of http://starship.jpn.ph/zeppelin/beauty/ 

4 hours ago, pluribus said:

Ultimately nobody is forcing anyone to buy any of this of course and its all going to be out there on the net as soon as its released.

I mean if people really want a CD copy I suspect some other company is going to stick all of this stuff together on one release and charge a fraction of the price within a few months.

I was more than a little bummed that the full soundboard won't be coming out all at once. Then I remembered that the soundboard isn't the thing I really want from this show. What I really, really, really want is a lower gen version of the mixed multi-tracks. The best version I've heard so far sounds like it's four or five generations removed from the master. Even then, with a couple of hours work it sounds pretty good. Please Jimmy, release whatever you have from this show. It's too good to be sitting on a shelf somewhere. 

1 hour ago, SteveZ98 said:

I was more than a little bummed that the full soundboard won't be coming out all at once. Then I remembered that the soundboard isn't the thing I really want from this show. What I really, really, really want is a lower gen version of the mixed multi-tracks. The best version I've heard so far sounds like it's four or five generations removed from the master. Even then, with a couple of hours work it sounds pretty good. Please Jimmy, release whatever you have from this show. It's too good to be sitting on a shelf somewhere. 

Excellent point Steve.   We still have the hopes Page will be releasing an official Japan 1971 and maybe that’s what motivated the person with this recording to finally let it out into the Wild.

53 minutes ago, lapepalz said:

Is someone going to buy this robbery from Empress Valley?

I'm going to wait for a version with the issues that are edited and missing.

I already find a lack of respect on the part of EVSD to steal in this way.

100%. . People will buy . . if it's affordable. . Even the ones most can't afford still get gobbled up but to troll it out in this manner doesn't make me want to buy it.  DEXM was completely overpriced. . I have 20 EV products and the most I paid was $70 for Snow Jobs in the tri-fold out. If it's got cool art work with let's say red CD's for $35-$60 people will buy them for their collections.  If it's $380 not so much. . I'll wait on TTD

I just found out on www.autions.yahoo.co.jp Seastory1945 is selling all 3 boxes (¥29.800 - € 235,-- ;¥22.800 - € 180,- ; ¥19.800 - € 156,- all excl. p&p). The disappoiting part for me are the box covers. The biggest and most expensive box (5 cd's) comes with the familiar photo of Robert Plant together with 2 Geisha's. The cheaper option is the - in my opinion most beautiful - Ukiyo-e box with the woodblock art. The cheapest box comes with the live photo.

I hope the photo's are mixed up and the Ukiyo-e box turns out to be the "Promo collector's Edition".

Edited by Moby_Dick_Ale

1 hour ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

I just found out on www.autions.yahoo.co.jp Seastory1945 is selling all 3 boxes (¥29.800 - € 235,-- ;¥22.800 - € 180,- ; ¥19.800 - € 156,- all excl. p&p). The disappoiting part for me are the box covers. The biggest and most expensive box (5 cd's) comes with the familiar photo of Robert Plant together with 2 Geisha's. The cheaper option is the - in my opinion most beautiful - Ukiyo-e box with the woodblock art. The cheapest box comes with the live photo.

I hope the photo's are mixed up and the Ukiyo-e box turns out to be the "Promo collector's Edition".

Hi Moby, I was confused as well since two websites mixed up these two versions...;Niwa from Air raid confirmed me the casual one with Robert and the 'geisha' girls is the most expensive one (5CD) and the Woodblock print cover is the Geisha 2CD. So I'm afraid Paul/Pavel mixed things up. (The Yahoo auctions URL doesn't seem to work BTW)

Edited by duckman

I just asked Niwano the same question, but now I know. I'm going for the Ukiyo-e box (and save some money also...😜).

Here are the links:

RP & 2 geisha's: https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/x567995420?lang=en&rc=yaucc

Ukiyo-e box: https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/m281470573?lang=en&rc=yaucc

Live photo: https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/s610511811?lang=en&rc=yaucc

Just some idle speculation! ☺️ I want to know why no "Stairway..." on the 2 cds. There is plenty of room for it timewise. It cannot be because it has already been put out. If that was the case, "Immigrant Song" would be missing too. Perhaps EVSD haven't managed to shift their stock of "Stairway..." and so will not include it on a multi-cd production until they have all gone. Is it just down to greed/ £££s on EVSD's part? Could it be that Page is going to authorise something (official HTEWW) at some point which includes the missing tracks so EVSD have been told to leave them off?

Whatever, I do hope the full recording materialises before I start my next life. For the time being there is always  Winston's excellent "Arigatou Osaka" and Wendy's last 6CD release (although they didn't exactly try to iron out the pitch changes between sources did they?). Is there such a thing as a revamped Wendy with Winston patches?

Edited by nigelss

14 minutes ago, nigelss said:

Whatever, I do hope the full recording materialises before I start my next life. For the time being there is always  Winston's excellent "Arigatou Osaka" and Wendy's last 6CD release (although they didn't exactly try to iron out the pitch changes between sources did they?). Is there such a thing as a revamped Wendy with Winston patches?

I have no favorite bootleg-label, but Wendy always seems to be a bit (or more) metallic...

I ordered my copy of this first installment of the 09/29/1971 show. Hopefully when the next part drops it will complete the show. (I'll be buying that one too, of course) Here is to the joy of unheard, pro-recorded, Led Zeppelin tapes from their defining era finally coming to the unwashed masses.

IMG_8880.JPG

Edited by mknopfler

I saw a news item posted elsewhere which said cd1 runs 52 minutes. If true, this presumably means Dazed & Confused is not complete. I just checked the track lengths on "Arigatou Osaka" and got Immigrant Song (4:43), Heartbreaker (9:21), SIBLY (8:42), and D&C (32:10 for the complete track and a little of the subsequent chat) which comes to 54 mins 56 secs or thereabouts. This does not include any time for the introduction track preceding Immigrant Song which is included in EVSD's 52 minutes. Methinks those Pennies From Heaven will be staying up there a while longer.

Edited by nigelss

2 hours ago, porgie66 said:

So I know it's still only the beginning of the 50th anniversary year but am I alone in thinking this isn't going to be a very exciting year as far as boot releases go. This partial sound board of 9/29/71 is an expensive joke. WTF is going on? 

yeah, seems like any bootlegs with substance the bootleg powers that be are going to drag out and chop up for who knows how many years - or even decades. It's ridiculous. I like to think they have nothing left to offer, that way at least expectations are set and disappointment is avoided. EVSD/others holding 3 or 4 "holy grail" type tapes and trickling them out over a decade is just too shit to contemplate.

Edited by rm2551

And on the reverse side of the negativity dump, hey - professionally recorded, multi tracked Live Led Zeppelin is finally making it's way to us after almost 50 years in the can. I don't understand all this stupid negativity. EV is releasing these tapes, be glad. You certainly don't have to buy them, they will be available for download soon enough, much sooner than 4+ decades they have sat. If you do want to buy them then cheaper options will emerge for you so just can all the jackmonkey complaining and celebrate what we are getting you snivelling bat farts. This is the greatest Led Zeppelin release in well over a decade and you just gripe and complain how its not just as you want it to be. Boohoo. You all sound like a bunch of ninnies. Now I remember why i hadn't been bothered to post at this site in so long. Also, if EV does not make money on these releases they will not continue. That is the most important point. Let them make their money, they are holding the most precious commodity available to us and if they cant make profit there is no incentive to release the tapes to a bunch of people who have constantly slagged them all over the internet. Thank you EV, my wallet is open - keep the tapes coming please.

Edited by mknopfler