Since no one replied in the Newbie forum...

Xia

Just wondering, does the band have enough live video footage in their archive to make more DVD's like the 2003 release? If so, which performances? Could the Seattle shows ever be released? Or the full Earls Court shows? How about the entire New York shows? Knebworth?

I'm not positive, but I seem to recall some of the hard core LZ fans saying something about them probably not being officially released because, well, ya know, Jimmy's a perfectionist and not up to his standards. ;)

Just wondering, does the band have enough live video footage in their archive to make more DVD's like the 2003 release? If so, which performances? Could the Seattle shows ever be released? Or the full Earls Court shows? How about the entire New York shows? Knebworth?

Sure, there is. An official release of Knebworth would seem to be the easiest release.

Shall we revisit the great Bath debate here? :lol:

As for "Sleepsick in Seattle", I can't imagine why they'd want to. Not their best night, to say the least.

Yeah, Seattle is pretty putrid a performance. If they could clean up one of the Earls Court shows, that's a possibility I'd think. Like Steve said, Knebworth as well (they could do a HTWWW job with the two shows if need be).

But yeah, where's that confounded Bath footage already???? :D

Yeah, Seattle is pretty putrid a performance. If they could clean up one of the Earls Court shows, that's a possibility I'd think. Like Steve said, Knebworth as well (they could do a HTWWW job with the two shows if need be).

But yeah, where's that confounded Bath footage already???? :D

When they made the Led Zeppelin DVD,the Bath concert footage was sadly found unusable because it had been soaking in water for 35 years! :o

I for one believe that each one of these concerts will be released individually including the ones on "D.V.D". Hopefully on a type of new format for the music industry that would be something like a Blu-Ray Audio that would allow you to listen to the disc for just the audio and be able to watch the film as well in 5.1 and whatever other bonus features such as new interviews with all involved...

Can you imagine one day in the future when you will be able to summon up pretty much anything that has been recorded at any time, to view at home? That time will come...

Sounds weird, but imagine trying to describe a home computer to someone just 50 years ago!... :blink:

TP

When they made the Led Zeppelin DVD,the Bath concert footage was sadly found unusable because it had been soaking in water for 35 years! :o

Thats a great shame, My friend at work has a friend who saw Zep at Bath and said that this guy had never seen anything like it before or since !!! He said Zeppelin commanded the stage like no other !!

Can you imagine one day in the future when you will be able to summon up pretty much anything that has been recorded at any time, to view at home? That time will come...

Sounds weird, but imagine trying to describe a home computer to someone just 50 years ago!... :blink:

TP

It will be called YouTube and most of the stuff on it will suck.

I never heard this ... but there was talk on another forum a couple of years ago about Bath footage supposedly being transferred to the UK from a location in California. The poster didn't make it clear whether he or she was referring specifically to the Led Zeppelin footage, though he/she certainly seemed to be hinting at it.

I never heard this ... but there was talk on another forum a couple of years ago about Bath footage supposedly being transferred to the UK from a location in California. The poster didn't make it clear whether he or she was referring specifically to the Led Zeppelin footage, though he/she certainly seemed to be hinting at it.

You didn't get it...it was in water for 35 years.....in a bath?

As far as the '71, '72, and '75 tours go, is there no video footage?

Okay,

ill have a stab myself then!

theres no professionally shot footage prior to '75 (apart from Albert hall)?

And from then on the big screens they used for the crowd to see could effectively be released?

I bet i'm wrong somewhere there :rolleyes: .

I swear i read that with the song remains the same, because it took so long for them to get it ready for release, that by the time it was near ready to be released they thought they'd moved on such a lot (musically) that they were considering pro shooting a 77 gig? I'm guessing that never happened though.

we need some official footage from 71 released. NOW.

or I wonder if they have enough to do something with that Sydney Australia show in 72?

But either ANYTHING in good quality and complete from 1971 or Bath 70 would be my wish

As far as the '71, '72, and '75 tours go, is there no video footage?

71 Not really as far as I know...

72 The news footage from Australia, but only some bits from a couple of songs and then there's the immigrant song that is included on the 2003 dvd.

75 The earls court footage which is also included on the dvd. Then there are bits and pieces from various concerts from the US leg of the tour. Clips from MSG in New York spring to mind for example.

Archived