Munich 1980

wordev1977

This is probably one of the best shows of 1980 in my opinion the audience tape ranges from good to great but leaves a lot to be desired, I was wondering if there’s any better sources or versions of this show the 8mm on YouTube has phenomenal audio 

Thanks in advance 

On 5/29/2018 at 3:19 PM, Remi said:

We have this.  

Thanks this is a great recording, it’s one of my favorite shows from the tour everyone sounds great including Plant hitting notes he hasn’t hit in years and Jimmy’s playing is phenomenal. IMO this is one of the best later days show.

I revisited this show last night as its been many many years since I last heard it. SIBLY had a nice solo but I thought the drumming overall was a bit lacking. ALS in particular sounded lacklustre from bonzo

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2018 at 8:42 PM, wordev1977 said:

Thanks this is a great recording, it’s one of my favorite shows from the tour everyone sounds great including Plant hitting notes he hasn’t hit in years and Jimmy’s playing is phenomenal. IMO this is one of the best later days show.

This show has a killer rock and roll  in which plant hits some crazy high notes .  Easily his best performance of that song  post June 72.  He sounds amazing on stairway too  hitting all the high notes in the heavy section  in a way he had not since  72. Page is killer at this show as well. I wonder what became of the board tape for this show. I like this show mich than frankfurt and Zurich.

Archived