Robert meets up with Jimmy & JPJ recently

Mark Williams

Interesting to read in the Atlanta press interview with Robert ahead of Fridays opening night of tour) that he finally met up with Jimmy & JPJ recently.No dount based on what he goes on to say that just for Zeppelin 2018-2019 business purposes,presumably to agree content,releases etc.

Just wish it were for more than that but any hopes yet again sadly extinguished by Robert's continued party line in the interview.

https://www.ajc.com/entertainment/music/robert-plant-golden-god-ages-gracefully-solo-career/vQ2NjtWEnYo7URPk7dE8KP/

I may not like the idea of Robert Plant always turning down a Zeppelin reunion, though this has been the case since 1982. Led Zeppelin is done, at least with Robert as a singer. Furthermore I have read in this forum that Jimmy Page might not be able to play guitar anymore because of his hands. I don't know if that is true or not but the question has to be asked? "how come Page always claims he has new music coming" I personally think Page is not able to write new tunes.  

1 hour ago, strombringer101 said:

"how come Page always claims he has new music coming"

Ego and vanity. It's to keep his foot wedged in the doorway marked Viable Musicians, lest he be relegated to the Has Been Lounge. After 20 YEARS of this nonsense, it's simply impossible to take any of it seriously.

Would so love to be a fly on the wall at these get-togethers.

Are they like formal business meetings, are they strained like when they get together for on-screen rare interviews, or are they relaxed and discuss Zep reissues over a casual meal?

Would be fascinating to see the dynamics at play and the format.

20 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Ego and vanity. It's to keep his foot wedged in the doorway marked Viable Musicians, lest he be relegated to the Has Been Lounge. After 20 YEARS of this nonsense, it's simply impossible to take any of it seriously.

Think you are quite right there Steve. Jimmy developed some sort of aversion to playing in a live format a long time ago.I (as a loyal fan of 40 years) think that he's lost his nerve.The lack of any sustained performance is pretty much co-incidental with having given up the booze (in particular) since the early 2000's. The only standout exception over 20 years was obviously the O2 show,which I was hoping he would have taken strength from,with or without Robert.Sure Jimmy has a wry smile on his face when he hears U2's 'With or without you'.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh  my gosh every time I think, "Ok Dan, cut plant some slack", I read an article like the one linked to here. Elle King = yes, JPJ and Pagey = No.

Wow. Really? What a slap in his former friends faces.

In my mind he is about 2 steps away from "Diva Category".

Cool to to see the 3 of them together, but I have to say it, look at that obvious hairpiece Plant is wearing, I never thought I'd see the day Plant would wear a hairpiece, and a really bad one at that. All that money and that's the best one he could get?

5 hours ago, Tea41 said:

Cool to to see the 3 of them together, but I have to say it, look at that obvious hairpiece Plant is wearing, I never thought I'd see the day Plant would wear a hairpiece, and a really bad one at that. All that money and that's the best one he could get?

It's his own hair. 

If we're going to comment on how they look, isn't it funny how back in the day JPJ looked older than anyone else in the band. Now he looks the youngest by a mile. In fact he could pass for 20 years below his actual age!

13 hours ago, dandak said:

Oh  my gosh every time I think, "Ok Dan, cut plant some slack", I read an article like the one linked to here. Elle King = yes, JPJ and Pagey = No.

Have thought that for a long time.For me it's almost like he thinks 

he would have been a star with or without Zeppelin. 

14 hours ago, Tea41 said:

Yes indeed,definately more 'hair piece' than 'hair peace' ! 😄

20 hours ago, dandak said:

Absolutely right.Alice Cooper commented some time back that why is Plant continuing to play this game when Jimmy & JPJ are ready and eager to go (maybe not even under 'Led Zeppelin' branding). Totally disrespectful of Robert,shame on him.

22 hours ago, dandak said:

Why - because he chooses not to go back to his former band? I don't think that makes him a diva. His comments may sound a bit harsh, but I honestly think (and I'm not one of those who thinks he is "God" and can do no wrong) it's his way of deflecting the discussion. I believe he's quite proud of his work with Zep and honored to have worked with JPJ and JP but when Bonzo passed, in his heart, the band couldn't ever be. I don't think there's anything diva or snooty about that. John Paul Jones is happily doing all sorts of interesting projects and I don't see him clamoring for a reunion. Seems to me it's mostly Page who for some reason, can't seem to do any project not involving the other two and Jason. 

On 6/26/2018 at 5:10 AM, Tea41 said:

Jimmy Page has fake hair too, along with probably about 70% of ageing rock stars.

2 hours ago, Mook said:

Jimmy Page has fake hair too, along with probably about 70% of ageing rock stars.

If their hair is fake don't you think they could have afforded

better examples? Looks like badly maintained 70 year old hair 

wiry, with comb over in evidence for Plant. 

3 hours ago, andrew r said:

If their hair is fake don't you think they could have afforded

better examples? Looks like badly maintained 70 year old hair 

wiry, with comb over in evidence for Plant. 

I'm not really an expert on wigs & hair transplants although that might change as I'm going a bit thin on top myself.

Plant generally looks ok although that picture doesn't do him any favours.

11 hours ago, Mook said:

Intrigued why you think this Mook? He's been thin at the back since the late 90s, but doesn't seem to be hiding it. And at least he's let his grey naturally unlike some guitar heroes I could mention (ahem Jeffrey, Ronnie)

On 26 June 2018 at 10:11 AM, tenyearsgone21 said:

It's his own hair. 

Cxy

On 26 June 2018 at 10:11 AM, tenyearsgone21 said:

It's his own hair. 

Actually,no it 'aint. Well,,he could have had a bit cut off the sides/back & had it transplanted to the front/centre. Definately a weave/syrup....as others have commented based on other new interviews/shots. Trying to maintain the ' mane remains the same' ...good on ya Robert, and that's not splitting hairs ! 😀👧

2 hours ago, 76229 said:

Intrigued why you think this Mook? He's been thin at the back since the late 90s, but doesn't seem to be hiding it. And at least he's let his grey naturally unlike some guitar heroes I could mention (ahem Jeffrey, Ronnie)

If you watch the Earls Court, '75 footage you can clearly see he's going bald at the back. No way is that his real hair. As for going grey naturally, he seemed to go from jet black to white hair almost overnight shortly before the O2 gig.

Not that I'm particularly bothered by it, if I had their money I would likely do something similar.

Archived