World Cup 2018 (Russia) Contest

LedZeppfan1977

Our World Cup Final themed Croatian / French dinner:

Ćevapčići with Đuveč rice 

Coleslaw ( with vinaigrette not mayonnaise, bought at a restaurant)

Tarte aux Pommes

accompanied by a lovely Rosé from Languedoc

Qatar is the correct spelling.  Not sure I remember a word starting with Q with not U after it.  Anyway, its this little Island it seems by the map next to the United Arab Emerites in the Persian Gulf.  I guess they are having it around Christmas due to the weather and extreme heat?  There is some talk of a fix of sorts being in to get it there? Unsure of the details.  But its a shit place to have such a huge event.  The USA was one of several other countries on the list of those that were entered.  Even though soccer is not our number one sport, the US would do a very good job of hosting it and visitors would not have to worry as much about terrorists.  In this place called Qatar I am not so sure.  I do not care much about this game since England messed things up and lost a game they had won.  France should beat them. And should beat them convincingly one would think

Does anyone know what team that little shit Walker plays for?  He is the reason England are watching and not playing.  Seriously.  What a crock of shit.  1-0 for most of the match and they let these little shits  tie the match.  Still sick over it. Its on Walker.  And Lingard for not putting them away when he had the second goal on his foot with an open net.  Bastard

They keep saying England has the second youngest team?  Now its France?  OK.  And another guy pretends he is hurt.  These guys need to watch an NHL hockey game

3 hours ago, Remi said:

TV UHD with beers and after make party at city if we win.

Félicitation, Remi. Party hard. To become football World Champion is one of the best things in life. :drinks:

France is a well deserved champion! Vive la France!

Final standings.  Myself, Walter and JTM get 0 for the 3rd place game.  Sorry JTM, you called it a tie. Walter and I missed the deadline

Congrats to LedZed66 our champion!!!!!!!!!:goal:

LedZedd66  155

Remi 149

ForEvermore  117

Zepscoda 109   (pretty damn good for missing the opening round)

Walter 88

LedZeppfan77   (thanks alot England)

JTM  70

See all of you plus more back in 4 years I hope!!  

Remi and Ledzedd66 had France as their champion and thus got the extra points

I HAD TO MAKE A CORRECTION.  I APOLOGIZE TO REMI.  I DID NOT SEE THE EXACT SCORE FOR LEDZED66 THUS MAKING THIS MEMBER THE CHAMPION.  ITS NOT EASY TO GO BACK AND FIND ALL THE PICKS WHEN ALL THE COMMENTS ARE COMING IN.  I CANNOT STOP PEOPLE FROM HIJACKING  THE FORUM.  I THINK ITS CORRECT NOW BUT IF YOU FIND ANY MORE MISTAKES PLEASE LET ME KNOW.  NOBODY HAD 6 GOALS IN THE FINAL, THAT I AM SURE OF

15 minutes ago, Remi said:

Like me, did he choose France for winner at beginning? :D

Anyway,  this is unbelievable, great match of Croatia but we have 2 STARS !!!!! :D :) 

Yep, I  chose France as champion (page 1, June 14)

The stars are cool! Keep on collecting. On the Brazilian shirt they look like a corona.

Thank you very much for the entertaining contest, Ledzeppfan1977. I liked the rules very much. Usually you pick the results of every match. But picking up 64 results is very stressful.

The Croatians fans are celebrating in the streets, I can hear them cheer and they have vuvuzelas. Those things still extists?  Funny

33 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Congrats to France & ledzed66 !

Rick, thanks for running the contest!!

No problem.  If you had joined at the start, who knows?  4 years we must wait.  I hear that the US is supposed to get the 2026 games and that 48 teams are a certainty then?  That is just crazy.  So everyone basically makes it unless you put hockey skates on while you are trying to play soccer.  Italy, Scotland, Netherlands, N Ireland, Ireland, all need worry not. You are all in.  Mayne the Penguins in Antartica can play too. 

what a short night! :D 

after '98 first star i was only 7 years old but great memories with my family.. after 2006 final, 2010 disaster,  2018 world cup was for us definetly.

World Cup 2006 is still my favorite because we win against very good teams Spain/Brazil/Portugal...  until the final against Italiy with Cannavaro, Gattuso,Pirlo,Camoranessi,Totti, Zambrotta,Grosso, Del Piero, Inzaghi..

10 minutes ago, Remi said:

what a short night! :D 

after '98 first star i was only 7 years old but great memories with my family.. after 2006 final, 2010 disaster,  2018 world cup was for us definetly.

World Cup 2006 is still my favorite because we win against very good teams Spain/Brazil/Portugal...  until the final against Italiy with Cannavaro, Gattuso,Pirlo,Camoranessi,Totti, Zambrotta,Grosso, Del Piero, Inzaghi..

Well I am glad to see France beat Croatia.  But then I watch the Revenant and it reminds me how disgusting the French can be throughout history.  Yes it was 1823 but still.  Nasty bunch.  I am hoping England gets it done in 4 years and maybe vs France?  I am sure teams like Brazil and Germany will have a say in it.  And if they expand to 48, like they are supposedly doing in 8 years for sure, its going to deepen the waters.  Enjoy it, it may be the last one you see

On 7/16/2018 at 5:17 PM, zepscoda said:

Congrats to France & ledzed66 !

Rick, thanks for running the contest!!

See you all in 4 years in Qatar (somewhere north of Dubai in the Persian Gulf).  I think the English team will be very much the same but I am really hoping they replace Walker.  IMO he killed England and this after holding the lead for most of the contest.  Likely two years before England would get a crack at France? Euro championships?  

Archived