Jump to content

World Cup 2018 (Russia) Contest


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Remi said:

Uruguay/France/Brazil/Belgium

Spain/Croatia/Suisse/Colombie

Thanks Remi.  Now we just need ForEvermore.  OMG!  You are picking those taco benders to beat my England team?  No way

Edited by LedZeppfan1977
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Is that a Boddington?  I may crack a Guinness Stout tomorrow.  I am the only asshole that took Argentina?  All this love for France?  I just do not get it.  'I am going to take you bitch's down!!!!:lol:

It's Shiner Bock (a Texas beer )...I do love me some boddington though!

I know I'm not in this contest but I'm going for Argentina and Portugal today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

 

That looks beautiful! I know I'm not in it, but if I was, Rick, I'd be tempted to join you and Dallas! :lol: Man!

Best wishes to all!

This sport played on the world stage, and day drinking is a match made in heaven! 

In moderation of course 😎   🍻🍻

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

It's Shiner Bock (a Texas beer )...I do love me some boddington though!

I know I'm not in this contest but I'm going for Argentina and Portugal today.

Go ahead and put in an entry Zep.  You are welcome.  Forevermore is pushing it to the last minute

Edited by LedZeppfan1977
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Go ahead and put in an entry Zep.  You are welcome.  Forevermore is pushing it to the last minute

Cool... my picks are capitalized :

Saturday, June 30

France vs. ARGENTINA, 10 a.m. on Fox

Uruguay vs. PORTUGAL, 2 p.m. on Fox

 

Sunday, July 1

Spain vs. RUSSIA, 10 a.m. on Fox

Croatia vs. DENMARK, 2 p.m. on Fox

 

Monday, July 2

Brazil vs. MEXICO, 10 a.m. on FS1

BELGIUM vs. Japan, 2 p.m. on Fox

Tuesday, July 3
Sweden vs. SWITZERLA 10 a.m. on FS1
Colombia vs. ENGLAND, 2 p.m. on Fox

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Cool... my picks are capitalized :

Saturday, June 30

France vs. ARGENTINA, 10 a.m. on Fox

Uruguay vs. PORTUGAL, 2 p.m. on Fox

 

Sunday, July 1

Spain vs. RUSSIA, 10 a.m. on Fox

Croatia vs. DENMARK, 2 p.m. on Fox

 

Monday, July 2

Brazil vs. MEXICO, 10 a.m. on FS1

BELGIUM vs. Japan, 2 p.m. on Fox

Tuesday, July 3
Sweden vs. SWITZERLA 10 a.m. on FS1
Colombia vs. ENGLAND, 2 p.m. on Fox

 

 

Thanks Zepcoda  We are all on Mexico! I think heart.  I cant believe you guys like Russia.  But maybe I should hope.  Might make it better for England?  France just hit the crossbar

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2018 at 12:51 PM, JTM said:

Two yellows in one game gets a red card, two yellows in different games gets a suspension in the next game. All accumulated cards are reset for the semi finals for the teams that get there..

Thanks.  Think I have it.  Well this sucks.  Argentina is on the way out.  Not that I care about that, but I lost 3 points.  LOL.  France has speed.  And that was a great shot by that striker. But I still believe in England.  They look like a contender on hte other side. Argentina just scored!!!!  Come on baby

Not sure about this game ending so fast after all that?  I have seen games in this tournament with far more stoppage time awarded. 

Edited by LedZeppfan1977
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Thanks.  Think I have it.  Well this sucks.  Argentina is on the way out.  Not that I care about that, but I lost 3 points.  LOL.  France has speed.  And that was a great shot by that striker. But I still believe in England.  They look like a contender on hte other side. Argentina just scored!!!!  Come on baby

Not sure about this game ending so fast after all that?  I have seen games in this tournament with far more stoppage time awarded. 

I've noticed that whatever time is added on the ref has been adding another minute as just happened in France's win.

So glad the TV camera crew did not give the fat coke head cheat any screen time, bet he's bawling his eyes out (Boohoo). Bye bye Argentina, don't forget to close the door on your way out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JTM said:

I've noticed that whatever time is added on the ref has been adding another minute as just happened in France's win.

So glad the TV camera crew did not give the fat coke head cheat any screen time, bet he's bawling his eyes out (Boohoo). Bye bye Argentina, don't forget to close the door on your way out.

I think this afternoon's game could go to PK's?   I took Uruguay but am not confident at all.  I think Belgium will hammer Japan.  I mean it might be ugly.  Like 6-1 or something.  Its a mismatch.  I think England should handle Columbia. And Spain should handle Russia but the home crowd will be huge in Russia's favor.  And Spain is not the Spain that won the cup but are still pretty darn good.  The rest of the games to me are crap shoots.  Many probably believe Brazil is superior to Mexico.  And I can understand that.  But Mexico can be great when they play smart.  Most are picking Croatia.  I went out on a limb and took Denmark.  I like hat I have seen from Denmark

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Filthy French will get theirs.  Great shot though and so was DiMaria's

Awesome goal! Didn’t see it until then as we are in the car heading towards NYC. Great win France! Adios Argentina and the little bitch Messi!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry! I haven't been on-line recently.

I would have lost a pick of Argentina in their match with France (the French were very impressive), and I would have been right with a pick of Uruguay over Portugal.

 

Sunday, July 1

Spain vs. Russia

Croatia vs. Denmark

 

Monday, July 2

Brazil vs. Mexico

Belgium vs. Japan

 

Tuesday, July 3


Sweden vs. Switzerland
Colombia vs. England

 

(My picks underlined and boldfaced.)

Sorry for the delay.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

Sorry! I haven't been on-line recently.

I would have lost a pick of Argentina in their match with France (the French were very impressive), and I would have been right with a pick of Uruguay over Portugal.

 

Sunday, July 1

Spain vs. Russia

Croatia vs. Denmark

 

Monday, July 2

Brazil vs. Mexico

Belgium vs. Japan

 

Tuesday, July 3


Sweden vs. Switzerland
Colombia vs. England

 

(My picks underlined and boldfaced.)

Sorry for the delay.

 

That is fine.  Your in.  I cant believe the rule in this sport.  The ball hits the fucking back of the arm of the Spain player and they give Russia a free fucking goal!!!!!!  That is bullshit

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

That is fine.  Your in.  I cant believe the rule in this sport.  The ball hits the fucking back of the arm of the Spain player and they give Russia a free fucking goal!!!!!!  That is bullshit

The ball was goal bound Rick.  Pique had his arm above head, that's a clear penalty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTM said:

The ball was goal bound Rick.  Pique had his arm above head, that's a clear penalty.

Russia sucks my cock.  They should be down 4-1 in this game.  Spain has had complete possession.  What a joke.

And is there not supposed to be "intent" on a hand ball?  There was no intent there.  Just bad luck

Edited by LedZeppfan1977
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Russia sucks my cock.  They should be down 4-1 in this game.  Spain has had complete possession.  What a joke.

And is there not supposed to be "intent" on a hand ball?  There was no intent there.  Just bad luck

First, thanks for taking my belated entry.

He got called for that handball because you can't have your arm extended from your torso  - if you do and the ball hits it, they call it a handball 99.9% of the time.

It was bad luck for Spain; they did carry the play today. However, you have to put the ball in the net. All credit to Russia for hanging in long enough to gut out the win.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really not a soccer fan, but today I watched the end of the Croatia/Denmark game with some friends visiting from New York. Stopping a shoot-out kick is a matter of pure luck. What a beautiful country Croatia is.

82995_1f4eab.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, redrum said:

I'm really not a soccer fan, but today I watched the end of the Croatia/Denmark game with some friends visiting from New York. Stopping a shoot-out kick is a matter of pure luck. What a beautiful country Croatia is.

82995_1f4eab.jpg

Denmark is a beautiful country, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...