post anything

thatguynamedjosh247

18 hours ago, jabe said:

This girl seems like tons of fun. Call me.

So anyway, I want to know what's the proper etiquette for dealing with singing waiters? You see, a few months ago in Cardiff I inadvertently dined at a restaurant that featured them. I mean it was a point of pride for this place that they had singing waiters. Had I known I would never have set foot in the place as I can't stand the concept. The place must be popular as it was full and my guests and I were just about to dig into our pasta when the singing began. So as I said, we had only just begun our meal -- no chance of a quick escape. The woman who was singing was taking an operatic approach to well known UK pop hits. It wasn't as bad as it sounds -- it was worse. It sounded like someone was killing a cat. Anyway, as I knew she would, she starts making her rounds through all the tables, singing all the while. I'm sitting there feeling uncomfortable as hell because I didn't choose the place and I did NOT want to be there anymore. So anyway, she gets to our table and I give her a nod. One nod with minimal eye contact. My hope was that it would convey "I acknowledge your existence, and no offense but I'm starving and I just want to finish my pasta and get outta here as fast as my feet will take me". She must have picked up on it, she didn't linger a moment when she wasn't met with a big smile. Did I do the right thing? I wasn't rude was I? 

I was in Dodge City once and a can can dancer did something similar, but that was more like dinner theater so I did know what to expect and in that instance she was young and hot as hell so I did welcome the attention and met her with a nod and a smile while she gently touched my face in return. 

Edited by SteveAJones

8 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

I relish spending time alone. I came across this interesting article which states what happens when a person begins enjoying time alone.

https://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/when-you-start-enjoy-being-alone-these-10-things-will-happen.html

A lot of women tell me they don't like to go to concerts or restaurants alone. I tell them they should relax and try it. It's the 21st century. The days when society looked askance at a woman out alone are over...well, at least in Western Civilization. When you are alone you can concentrate on the show and not worry about whether your companion is having fun. You are on your own clock so you can do things at your own leisure. It's bliss.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

When exactly was this taken, chef free? Does Jimmy actually sit through an entire Metallica concert?

I'm gonna guess some time around the occasion of a RRHOF performance for someone's induction.

Edited by The Rover

12 hours ago, Strider said:

A lot of women tell me they don't like to go to concerts or restaurants alone. I tell them they should relax and try it. It's the 21st century. The days when society looked askance at a woman out alone are over...well, at least in Western Civilization. When you are alone you can concentrate on the show and not worry about whether your companion is having fun. You are on your own clock so you can do things at your own leisure. It's bliss.

It sure is. I have gone to several places all by myself like the movies and the museum. I have also eaten all by myself at a restaurant. It is wonderful. I got lost in my thoughts and in a book that I was reading while enjoying my meal. Silence is golden in today's rat race. A former colleague of mine, proudly declared that she had gone to a restaurant alone. I commended her! Her mother on the other hand, thought that she was insane. Each to his own. But in my opinion, India is just too extroverted and 'in your face' for my liking. 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87