New "Song Remains The Same" 2CD/4LP/3DVD Deluxe Set

achillestand

I got a fair few copies, so I don't know whether to buy it or not...

3qu2ECLGFPbc.jpg

These are my copies of "The Song Remains The Same" so far

-standing in the back & lying on the table: 180 grs 4 LP
-second row left to right: original 9-track 2 CD jewel case; remastered 15-track 2 CD digipack: blu-ray video
-front row left to right: original video tape 127 mins; original 9-track 2 LP; first dvd 132 mins; new remastered dvd 138 mins.

missing the laserdisc...

For "complete-ness-sake" gotta buy this one...

1 hour ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

I got a fair few copies, so I don't know whether to buy it or not...

3qu2ECLGFPbc.jpg

These are my copies of "The Song Remains The Same" so far

-standing in the back & lying on the table: 180 grs 4 LP
-second row left to right: original 9-track 2 CD jewel case; remastered 15-track 2 CD digipack: blu-ray video
-front row left to right: original video tape 127 mins; original 9-track 2 LP; first dvd 132 mins; new remastered dvd 138 mins.

missing the laserdisc...

For "complete-ness-sake" gotta buy this one...

:lol:

Yes, I guess you have to buy it!

When you pass on, you'll have to leave instructions in your will to have the "Museum of All Released Versions of TSRTS" constructed in your honor! B)

(You do seem to be missing the 8-track - can you get that on eBay?)

4 hours ago, achillestand said:

Well, I guess this is not what Page says "very different".

I wonder if the 2 DVDs will include full footage for two concerts.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DTMPNTP/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1529523529&sr=8-14&keywords=led zeppelin the song remains the same cd&tag=mfconvert-20

OK - I'm going to lamely attempt to put a some kind of positive spin on this.

With the re-released HTWWW (which, contrary to my original opinion, was actually worth doing and releasing), I guess he felt like he had to do this too? (I'm trying not to write the words "as a money grab", but it's really difficult - so difficult that I actually wrote it, didn't I? ;))

I wonder which version of "No Quarter" we'll get this time? I'd laugh serious chortles and guffaws if it was a version different from both versions we have so far... :rolleyes:

With all the great tapes and music Jimmy has in his vaults we get another billionth remaster of the same thing.

I don’t understand Jimmy Pages thinking on the stuff he releases.   I don’t think he really understands how to do proper live releases.  His thinking is flawed when it comes to live releases.   Too bad for all the fans. 

10 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

With all the great tapes and music Jimmy has in his vaults we get another billionth remaster of the same thing.

I don’t understand Jimmy Pages thinking on the stuff he releases.   I don’t think he really understands how to do proper live releases.  His thinking is flawed when it comes to live releases.   Too bad for all the fans. 

I think we have to wait and see still. I really don't think this is, nor the How the west was won remaster are the big celebratory releases for the 50th anniversary. He did also state that they would release shows over time as well didn't he? But still I know what you mean in a way, he is a bit overly critical of what they release at times. In principle It's almost the opposite of what their performances were all about which was tight but loose, total creative freedom and improvisation within the confines of the song and the vision. Essentially don't worry about being perfect all the time, don't be like a computer up their regurgitating what's on the album like a robot. Extend the creative freedom to the stage and to expand the spirit or essence of the band.

For instance, As many point out there was no reason to edit the original full version of No Quarter from The Song Remains the Same. It was perfect and had such a mystical and deep energy. The solo was one of his best. Why edit that? It kind of undermines the essence of the performance and the band a little bit. I mean it still sounds fantastic but it was even better left untouched.

When you read the description it does seem like it will have full footage from both concerts so that's pretty awesome in my opinion. Of course I'd like to see another show released as well but that is still quite cool to see released.

LOL

People are going to be displeased at this for sure. However...

I'm actually really pumped about this!!!!!!

More than anything to get the art print. My Wall of Zep can be completed now. It was complete after the studio album campaign, but with the introduction of the BBC Sessions art print my 3x3 box no longer worked. Now with BBC, HTWWW, and TSRTS my Wall can be in full, symmetric glory once more. I'll post a picture when it's done.

Also improved sound quality would be great.

My holy grail of holy grails is to have the original full length No Quarter, the one found on the '76 version, in full 2007 sound quality. Never thought it would happen, still don't think it will ever happen. However, now, until the kibosh is put on it, which it undoubtedly will be in the coming days, I will dream and hope of a better land, one with the unedited performance juiced up and sounding pretty. I'd probably blow my speakers out if this dream comes true.

20 minutes ago, nemophilist said:

When you read the description it does seem like it will have full footage from both concerts so that's pretty awesome in my opinion. Of course I'd like to see another show released as well but that is still quite cool to see released.

What description?

46 minutes ago, nemophilist said:

I doubt it. As I understand it there is no entire footage. What we have visually is it. If it turns out there is raw footage covering the entire shows, that in and of itself would be (I don't believe it) the most amazing thing released probably since the band disbanded.

http://www.musictap.com/2018/06/20/led-zeppelin-the-song-remains-the-same-classic-re-emerges-as-2cd-4lp-3dvd-super-deluxe-set-with-film/

"In this expanded set, there will be the original album on the CDs, the original album on 4LPs, with the bonuses falling to the DVD side. DVD 1 will provide the original film, DVD 2 will provide a collection of video extras, and DVD 3 will deliver HD  Stereo (96kHz/24-bit) versions as well as a DTS Master Surround Audio 5.1 mix."

Holy motherfucking shit it sounds like we might get the full No Quarter. 

6 hours ago, nemophilist said:

No it does not, this is just a re-re-release with the addition of a BD Audio disc that has video of the four songs that were extras on the last re-re-release. A huge con imo..

If this is not part of the 50th Anniversary releases I would be surprised, since the release date is 50 years to the date from their first ever gig.  I don't know whether that bodes well for the next year or not.

is he just going to endlessly rerelease all the albums every few years ?

its been while since all the studio albums were remastered. maybe he ought to think about rejigging them again.

someone have a word with him. ive lost all confidence in the man. he may have been one of the greatest guitar players, producers and showmen in the 1870s, but now he's actually in his 70s he's a liability to his own and the bands heritage

Calm down.

There will be no more re-release albums once everything is "Super Deluxe Box Set" released - so everything Zeppelin is available in those nice big boxes with all the extra's.

TSRTS should be the last of it. The Led Zeppelin DVD may also get the 'expansion' treatment - which should include MORE RAH, MORE Knebworth, but that's it. (and as annoying as that will make y'all, I'd still look forward to it IF it was additional content)

Then it's onto either.....

a) A complete Earls Court stand alone "SDBS" release. (EPIC unmatched audio and visual of Led Zep in peak '75 form. - extras include different nights all in multi track?)

b) Multi tracked show(s) that are in the archive. (How The East Was Won?? Others????)

c) A complete RAH stand alone "SDBS" release. (I'd love that so hard)

d) A complete Knebworth "SDBS" release. (potentially a great release - extra's to include the warm up gigs in unrivaled quality???)

d) The newly discovered/restored Bath Festival material. (could be great)

e) A compilation covering the entire expanse of Led Zeppelin. (could be REALLY great if Jimmy capitulates and accepts some soundboards need to be included so ALL era's/tours are included)

It would be Jimmy Page for the win - if, as a final statement/testament and final official release - it was indeed a compilation he puts together that covers all years alongside bonus "best of bootleg" extras in a "Epic Super Deluxe Final Box Set" that includes unheard of soundboard archived material that until now was not thought to exist.

oh I'm an optimist. :)

Sorry about that saw the entire track list twice over in DVD description of this link http://www.musictap.com/2018/06/20/led-zeppelin-the-song-remains-the-same-classic-re-emerges-as-2cd-4lp-3dvd-super-deluxe-set-with-film/

Subsequently I thought well maybe it's the entire show. I know the original footage was ruined or not worthy of release though but I thought maybe they had thrown something together from the reenacted footage. Yeah I don't think it's that special, I'm sure it'll sound fantastic like all the remasters but I don't think I'd run out to buy it. I still believe there will be some releases that aren't remasters. I'll be patient, if there aren't any then oh well, I mean obviously that's disappointing but I'm not going to get all up in arms over it.

• Administrators

Led Zeppelin conclude their reissue campaign with a new edition of the soundtrack to the concert film ‘The Song Remains The Same’, originally released in 1976 and featuring newly remastered audio supervised by Jimmy Page.

The album was recorded in July 1973 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, and the new version is due to be released on September 7th 2018 as a Super Deluxe Boxed Set, CD, vinyl, digital versions, plus the full album’s debut release in Hi-Res 5.1 surround sound on Blu-ray.

http://www.ledzeppelin.com

----

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/news/song-remains-same-soundtrack-featuring-newly-remastered-audio-supervised-jimmy-page-due-sept-7

37 minutes ago, SymphonyX said:

I'm totally buying without any hesitation.   It's been so long since I watched this and now have the chance for 5.1 BluRay with Sonic Sound.

HTWWW on BluRay is Amazing, this will be just as great

I jumped the gun a few months ago and bought the Blu-Ray, special edition DVD, and a like new copy of the original vinyls. Now I feel like an idiot.

Archived