Future Page Releases?

Jimmy11

"The wheels on the bus go round and round........"

I have never bought any of the remasters or remasters because my hearing is not as good after that Jeff Beck gig in the 90's and I wouldn't know if the sound is any better than my vinyls I bought in the 70's. Anyway he ain't getting any of my dosh.

If you don’t want to buy it.  Don’t buy it.. If you buy it because you feel obligated, that’s on you. 

More releases will be coming this year. Jimmy Page, the Producer has been busy folks.

8 hours ago, the chase said:

If you don’t want to buy it.  Don’t buy it.. If you buy it because you feel obligated, that’s on you. 

More releases will be coming this year. Jimmy Page, the Producer has been busy folks.

How do you know for sure mate 

On 6/23/2018 at 5:57 PM, Xolo1974 said:

How do you know for sure mate 

I don’t. Sorry  I should have put it as I have a feeling. But there’s also a lot of assuming going on here that this is it. There’s still 6 months to go in the year. The 3 of them just had a business meeting within the last couple of weeks. To me it looks like something is up. Just in time for Christmas.. But I’m guessing like most.. I’ve also been seeing recently quite a few articles about a tribute concert and a picture biography.  

On 6/22/2018 at 3:32 PM, strombringer101 said:

I just can't understand why Jimmy Page put's this out when only 12 years ago tsrts was released. 

Why does everyone assume Page is in complete control here? Who's to say the label isn't buggering him to death to release these remasters so they can make a quick buck? I mean, of course he has to sign off on it and do some promotion, but that's his job. He's not exactly the man signing paychecks here.

I don't know what the hubbub is all about?  You know he has to release all the obligatory stuff before he gets to the meat of the bone. Why would you talk about new stuff if you were just going to re-release the old?  I'm sure he has at least one concert and maybe some video.   If I could afford it, I would definitely buy the TSRTS Deluxe Set.  I played that Vinyl to death a couple times.

6 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Why does everyone assume Page is in complete control here? Who's to say the label isn't buggering him to death to release these remasters so they can make a quick buck? I mean, of course he has to sign off on it and do some promotion, but that's his job. He's not exactly the man signing paychecks here.

Why? Because Jimmy holds the right to Led Zeppelin, and he is notorious on the quality when it comes to Zeppelin. Face it Zep Head, people who are fans of Zeppelin are tired of the cash grab.   

15 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

I don't know what the hubbub is all about?  You know he has to release all the obligatory stuff before he gets to the meat of the bone. Why would you talk about new stuff if you were just going to re-release the old?  I'm sure he has at least one concert and maybe some video.   If I could afford it, I would definitely buy the TSRTS Deluxe Set.  I played that Vinyl to death a couple times.

Page spoke to Planet Rock Magazine for its sixth issue, and Music Week published some of his comments ahead of the magazine’s release on February 16.

“I can’t give the game away,” Page said, “but there’s a recording that’s another multi-track that we’ll release. It’s so different to all the other things that are out there. It’s another view compared to How The West Was Won or The Song Remains The Same. I’m looking forward to people hearing that.”

🤔🙏🏼

18 hours ago, strombringer101 said:

Why? Because Jimmy holds the right to Led Zeppelin, and he is notorious on the quality when it comes to Zeppelin. Face it Zep Head, people who are fans of Zeppelin are tired of the cash grab.   

My point was that the "cash grab" is being pushed more by the label and less by Jimmy. He could simply be signing off on it. It's no surprise that TSRTS is getting released as a deluxe edition after all the others were. Why is that surprising? Page certainly doesn't need the money.

10 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Page spoke to Planet Rock Magazine for its sixth issue, and Music Week published some of his comments ahead of the magazine’s release on February 16.

“I can’t give the game away,” Page said, “but there’s a recording that’s another multi-track that we’ll release. It’s so different to all the other things that are out there. It’s another view compared to How The West Was Won or The Song Remains The Same. I’m looking forward to people hearing that.”

🤔🙏🏼

There it is.. Thanks Porgie.  

11 minutes ago, chef free said:

Earl's Court?

I think the chances of EC are extremely low considering he included the footage on the DVD. Same goes for Knebworth and RAH for that matter. If he had intentions of releasing it as an official live album he wouldn't have bothered with the DVD. Though he may end up remastering the DVD.

6 minutes ago, chef free said:

Japan '71?

I'd settle for that. Though I'd kill for a Bath or MSG 1970 multitrack. I'd take an early 69 show as well (i.e. Boston), though the chances of a multitrack for that period would be low.

Archived