For the LADIES OR MEN: Earls Court = SEXY!

Probably the wrong section for this, but:   Is the Earls Court video the sexiest thing you've ever seen, ever, or what?  

The hair, the movements, the stage wear, instruments, clarity of play, etc. ("I gave her the gun and I shot her!")

Maybe this isn't the right forum, but had to say, WOW!~!  Decked out in the BEST gear, rhythm section AND 'frontal' section...

Other than TSRTS is there any video footage better than this?  I watch on the way to work (um, just listen) and am always impressed with the effort put into this show compared to other video footage I've come across.

Sorry, kind of noob to 'video' work of LZ...other than TSRTS...

Martha Clark

As a Led Zeppelin fan and a male, I never looked at them as being "Sexy" I always thought they just had a cool stage presence. Maybe not so much in the 1977 with those glossy pants Plant wore during the Seattle Show. I just thought they had a way of not letting their appearance be the part of the show, they let the music do the talking. Now considering by 1977 the band was in terrible shape because of excessive drug use and alcohol consumption. So by then even Robert Plant admitted that the band was show boating a bit and it became less of the music and more of the scenery. I have talked to a lot of people who Saw Zeppelin in Seattle from their first tour to their last tour in America and a few of them said Zeppelin in 1977 Seattle was terrible, Jimmy was drunk, and the band just didn't have the same punch. So it wasn't so sexy. It was a slush.     

Image result for Robert plant seattle 1977

• 1 year later...
On 6/23/2018 at 12:51 AM, MarthaMyDear6 said:

Probably the wrong section for this, but:   Is the Earls Court video the sexiest thing you've ever seen, ever, or what?  

The hair, the movements, the stage wear, instruments, clarity of play, etc. ("I gave her the gun and I shot her!")

Maybe this isn't the right forum, but had to say, WOW!~!  Decked out in the BEST gear, rhythm section AND 'frontal' section...

Other than TSRTS is there any video footage better than this?  I watch on the way to work (um, just listen) and am always impressed with the effort put into this show compared to other video footage I've come across.

Sorry, kind of noob to 'video' work of LZ...other than TSRTS...

Martha Clark

I get what you’re saying. Earls Court is pleasing to both the ear and the eye for me.  I won’t lie, Page had some moves in there that made me think some naughty things, most notably during IMTOD.  😇.

I’ll say what everyone else does -Jimmy needs to release those shows, please!

On 8/23/2019 at 10:34 PM, The Danelectro said:

I won’t lie, Page had some moves in there that made me think some naughty things, most notably during IMTOD.

Interesting, my ex-girlfriends and female friends mostly  were/are atrracted to Jimmy Page. They think the other members are handsome for sure, but Jimmy......

By the way, I also have my special moments during IMTOD, every time Robert gets to the "Oh my Jesus" & "Please Lord" part, I think of leaving the room, mumbling " SHUT UP. Pleeeeeeeease"

1 hour ago, Autumn Moon said:

Interesting, my ex-girlfriends and female friends mostly  were/are atrracted to Jimmy Page. They think the other members are handsome for sure, but Jimmy......

By the way, I also have my special moments during IMTOD, every time Robert gets to the "Oh my Jesus" & "Please Lord" part, I think of leaving the room, mumbling " SHUT UP. Pleeeeeeeease"

If I’m on a work call, and the other person can’t hear me, I always think of Robert’s “can ya hear me talkin’ to ya?” While trying not to laugh. 😆

Same here - the other guys were decent looking and then there’s Jimmy. I mean, look at him! 

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree, sisters! Don’t get me wrong... I love the whole band and greatly admire and appreciate each of their incredible skills and talents and what they created together. But those Earls Court videos are hot on a extra special level! Jimmy... oh, Jimmy! 😍

I love that sexy shoulder to shoulder shimmy that he and Robert do at the beginning of Whole Lotta Love. Not to mention his smiles and that dreamy expression on his face while playing Going to California. <sigh>  It gets me every time! And his little dance moves while he plays... I love it! All these years later, and the music and ‘visuals’ still never fails to delight my eyes and ears. I hope it never stops either...