Who named Led Zeppelin and Why?

Yer Blues

Hi,

I've been a Zeppelin fan since 10 years old. I used to play their albums on the elementary school turn table. Teachers would sratch my records when they kept grabbing them off the turntable. I kept at it though. Got sent home...suspended all in the name of Zeppelin. Naturally the career I chose was that of a senior high school teacher, where I can blast my Zeppeplin whenever I want. I still get complaints from other teachers, but now they can't scratch my records and unless it's the Principal I tell them to leave, as the music is once again a crucial part of my lesson. Please, you are interrupting my lesson; i.e. F off and mind your own business.  

the age old question. there are many covered stories on the internet about it. Accounts differ; for decades Entwistle claimed it was he, not Moon, who made the "lead balloon" crack. But history seems to favor Moon's version. here is the story from rolling stone magazine:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/the-10-wildest-led-zeppelin-legends-fact-checked-20121121/keith-moon-of-the-who-gave-led-zeppelin-their-name-19691231

• 6 months later...
On 6/23/2018 at 5:57 AM, Yer Blues said:

Hi,

I've been a Zeppelin fan since 10 years old. I used to play their albums on the elementary school turn table. Teachers would sratch my records when they kept grabbing them off the turntable. I kept at it though. Got sent home...suspended all in the name of Zeppelin. Naturally the career I chose was that of a senior high school teacher, where I can blast my Zeppeplin whenever I want. I still get complaints from other teachers, but now they can't scratch my records and unless it's the Principal I tell them to leave, as the music is once again a crucial part of my lesson. Please, you are interrupting my lesson; i.e. F off and mind your own business.  

Great screen name Yer Blues

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:57 AM, Yer Blues said:

Hi,

Hi Yer Blues. How's it goin' this year? Tell them this year to let the worm lick your bone.

Rock On, forever!

• 2 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:57 AM, Yer Blues said:

Hi,

love the screen name and song. A true Led Zeppelin  fan, taking one for the band

Archived