Empress Valley Warning

Xolo1974

Wouldn't they produce much more fanfare to increase the 50th anniversary fever? For last year's 'Deus ex Machina' Seattle 75 SB they fired on all cylinders ...months before its release.

Fingers crossed...hopefully the elusive 929 board will be released in september (and by the end of the year they throw in the SB/multitrack dub matrix😈 which is even more exciting, me thinks)

14 hours ago, duckman said:

Wouldn't they produce much more fanfare to increase the 50th anniversary fever? For last year's 'Deus ex Machina' Seattle 75 SB they fired on all cylinders ...months before its release.

Fingers crossed...hopefully the elusive 929 board will be released in september (and by the end of the year they throw in the SB/multitrack dub matrix😈 which is even more exciting, me thinks)

Could be their classy strategy, keep silent, leave the spotlight on Jimmy´s announcements for official anniversary releases. The book in October, the re-remastered TSRTS in September- huh, breathtaking. Hopefully one interesting "Live from the Archives" for christmas, if at all. And then, out of the blue, EV´s  929 early September. No advertising or fanfare needed, this is a holy grail.

Knowing the new IS version, the only thing that would benefit from a SB/multitrack matrix would be the guitar. Is it technical possible to bring in just the guitar? All the other instruments of the old (so called) SB version would spoil the sound of the new, real SB. If it´s possible, one should use the guitar of Wendy´s definite 929 release of 2016, it is raw & exiting like the official RAH 1970.

And then 928, please.

3 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

Could be their classy strategy, keep silent, leave the spotlight on Jimmy´s announcements for official anniversary releases. The book in October, the re-remastered TSRTS in September- huh, breathtaking. Hopefully one interesting "Live from the Archives" for christmas, if at all. And then, out of the blue, EV´s  929 early September. No advertising or fanfare needed, this is a holy grail.

Knowing the new IS version, the only thing that would benefit from a SB/multitrack matrix would be the guitar. Is it technical possible to bring in just the guitar? All the other instruments of the old (so called) SB version would spoil the sound of the new, real SB. If it´s possible, one should use the guitar of Wendy´s definite 929 release of 2016, it is raw & exiting like the official RAH 1970.

And then 928, please.

I’m hoping you’re right. My understanding is that “Eelgrass” releases come out shortly after EV releases and are a cheaper version. Is this true? And are EV and Eelgrass one and the same companies....one offering a premium packaged product and the other a cheap and cheerful one? Or do Eelgrass just rip off EV releases?

8 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

I’m hoping you’re right. My understanding is that “Eelgrass” releases come out shortly after EV releases and are a cheaper version. Is this true? And are EV and Eelgrass one and the same companies....one offering a premium packaged product and the other a cheap and cheerful one? Or do Eelgrass just rip off EV releases?

No...Eelgrass just rips off EV releases and puts them on the market at significant lower prices. I think Brannon mentioned one or two cases where EG titles had a different disc length, but most of the time they are directs copies.

and rest assured, EV is NOT amused by Eelgrass' copy cat behaviour 

5 hours ago, duckman said:

No...Eelgrass just rips off EV releases and puts them on the market at significant lower prices. I think Brannon mentioned one or two cases where EG titles had a different disc length, but most of the time they are directs copies.

Oh dear, what a shame. Nevertheless, if 929 comes out, I’ll be buying the Eelgrass version. Thanks for the info Duckman 

5 hours ago, duckman said:

Who gives a flying fig what EV thinks...

17 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Responding to  the release of Deus Ex Machina by Eelgrass, EV released their budget jewel case shortly after, to the same price. The EV budget version came quite exactly 2 months after the initial releases of their limited box sets. My love for the 75 tour is manageable, so I thought buying the EV cheapo is a good idea.

1 hour ago, Autumn Moon said:

Responding to  the release of Deus Ex Machina by Eelgrass, EV released their budget jewel case shortly after, to the same price. The EV budget version came quite exactly 2 months after the initial releases of their limited box sets. My love for the 75 tour is manageable, so I thought buying the EV cheapo is a good idea.

I wasn't going to pay big money for the original release but did buy the discounted version as have a silver disc to hold still means more to me than a download only

Archived