Tit for Tat / Empress Valley

lololabrute

06-21-1977 "Listen To This, Eddie" is simply excellent. Wonderful balanced clear sound. It's a reissue of the 2014 cd's but this time they used the gatefold sleeve used for Fishead version from 2003.

06-21-1977 "Listen To This, Erik" is medium quality. It has some digital errors and sometimes the sound is a bit muffled.

06-19-1977 "Listen To This, Jefu" has very, very good sound. Not as good as "Listen To This, Eddie", but way better than "Listen To This, Erik". Zep is on fire although Bonzo is having some problems with his back, according to Robert.

Taken everything in consideration a quite expensive, very limited (50 pieces) set but, for me, worth the cash.

I don't know whether AirRaid has any copies left or not. I know there's a copy on sale on auctions.yahoo.co.jp

3 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

06-21-1977 "Listen To This, Eddie" is simply excellent. Wonderful balanced clear sound. It's a reissue of the 2014 cd's but this time they used the gatefold sleeve used for Fishead version from 2003.

06-21-1977 "Listen To This, Erik" is medium quality. It has some digital errors and sometimes the sound is a bit muffled.

06-19-1977 "Listen To This, Jefu" has very, very good sound. Not as good as "Listen To This, Eddie", but way better than "Listen To This, Erik". Zep is on fire although Bonzo is having some problems with his back, according to Robert.

Taken everything in consideration a quite expensive, very limited (50 pieces) set but, for me, worth the cash.

I don't know whether AirRaid has any copies left or not. I know there's a copy on sale on auctions.yahoo.co.jp

Can u specify which 2014 reissue for Listen to this Eddie?

It's weird but I feel that EV is now doing this in two ways:  there's a line of reissues, often assembled in deluxe boxes, like this new/old Tit for Tat 77 set and the series of much upgraded and/or previously released sources, just like the newest Japan 72 set.

Why I think it's true? There are some serious differences in mastering/editing their titles. The first line, aka reissues is nothing but a new package with an old stuff tweaked heavily and without any significant improvement of audio. The new Japan 72 set is incredibly edited, I would say they did not use any of modern mastering and left all these tapes as they are, maybe adding some minor EQ but generally they did work a lot with other things like channel balances, bad edits, source transitions etc. Believe me or not but this is the most important thing in creating any audio. You cannot polish the turd many says and EV probably learnt that if they won't work on original audios, then they cannot master it after in the way it would sound better. A good home work was made here.

I hope they will continue this way as there are still many shows that aren't released or upgraded.

Archived