2019-2020 NBA SEASON*

Strider

*Since the 2018-19 NBA season has pretty much been rendered superfluous by now. Just mail the Golden State Warriors another Larry O Brien trophy.

Lebron goes to L.A. Then somehow Golden State loses Javale Magee to the Lakers and just goes out and signs another all-star, Boogie Cousins! 😮

All that's left is to find out where Kawhi Leonard is going.

So much for your Pelicans, Rick. New Orleans is dead...thanks for playing.

So much for competitive balance and the spirit of competition. Remember the 2000s when the Western Conference dominated the NBA championships? It looks even worse now.

Toronto is probably the happiest of all, now that Lebron is out of the East. But even if Philadelphia and Boston play to expectations, the Western Conference is far superior and loaded.

Golden State's starting five alone is better than any all-star team the East assembles.

Curry, Klay, Durant, Green, Cousins...every starter an all-star. The Showtime Lakers of the late-80s had four all-star starters...Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott. But you have to go back to the 1975-76 Celtics to find a team that started an all-star at every position.

It's going to take a rash of injuries to derail Golden State now. You might as well set your snooze alarm for next June. The regular season will be pointless.

After Cousins gets his ring he can then leave and chase his big max contract in free agency again.

If there were a living, breathing commissioner, this state of affairs would not be happening. But the inmates have taken over the asylum.

The joy of competing and spirit of fair play is gone.

See y'all in 2019.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

*Since the 2018-19 NBA season has pretty much been rendered superfluous by now. Just mail the Golden State Warriors another Larry O Brien trophy.

Lebron goes to L.A. Then somehow Golden State loses Javale Magee to the Lakers and just goes out and signs another all-star, Boogie Cousins! 😮

All that's left is to find out where Kawhi Leonard is going.

So much for your Pelicans, Rick. New Orleans is dead...thanks for playing.

So much for competitive balance and the spirit of competition. Remember the 2000s when the Western Conference dominated the NBA championships? It looks even worse now.

Toronto is probably the happiest of all, now that Lebron is out of the East. But even if Philadelphia and Boston play to expectations, the Western Conference is far superior and loaded.

Golden State's starting five alone is better than any all-star team the East assembles.

Curry, Klay, Durant, Green, Cousins...every starter an all-star. The Showtime Lakers of the late-80s had four all-star starters...Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott. But you have to go back to the 1975-76 Celtics to find a team that started an all-star at every position.

It's going to take a rash of injuries to derail Golden State now. You might as well set your snooze alarm for next June. The regular season will be pointless.

After Cousins gets his ring he can then leave and chase his big max contract in free agency again.

If there were a living, breathing commissioner, this state of affairs would not be happening. But the inmates have taken over the asylum.

The joy of competing and spirit of fair play is gone.

See y'all in 2019.

Why would Cousins leave when they were coming on so well?  They could have been great with him.  I am not sure if Durant is locked in?

9 hours ago, Strider said:

If there were a living, breathing commissioner,

This sounds familiar...  ;)

And let's not forget Les Boulez!  (Okay, maybe we should).  They just got Dwight Howard!!  They win!!!!!  I'm sure Mr. Tony will be thrilled... 

19 hours ago, ebk said:

This sounds familiar...  ;)

And let's not forget Les Boulez!  (Okay, maybe we should).  They just got Dwight Howard!!  They win!!!!!  I'm sure Mr. Tony will be thrilled... 

A TK salute to your keen observation! 😜

9 hours ago, chef free said:

Warriors!

So let me get this straight.  They now have Cousins?  And Durant is staying put?  How in Gods name are they under the salary cap?  Its not possible.  They have a lineup that could arguably be the staring All Star team for the Wester conference, except maybe for Westbrooke and Davis of NO.  Who the hell can beat them?  Not the Lakers with Lebron and a bunch of young guys.  Lebron is going to see them much more often now.  So Durant, Curry, Thompson, Green, Cousins.  Are we  going to have too many cooks in the kitchen?  Kerr has much to work with.  They could possibly make a run at the Lakers almighty 33 wins in a row?   Is it possible?  There are some good teams that might stand in the way of that.  Like Boston, Philly, Houston, New Orleans?, OKC.  On a night when they are not focused.  But I still believe that record is one that will be mighty tough to beat. West, Chamberlain, Goodrich, Hairston, and not sure if it was Elgin Baylor or McMillan?    West and Chamberlain were a two man wrecking crew.  Though much deeper, Golden st nor no modern team would have an answer for Wilt Chamberlain down low.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, chef free said:

I knew there was no way Pop would trade Leonard to the Lakers...or any team in the West. Now, whether Leonard forces a trade from Toronto to the Lakers or elsewhere is still up for grabs. But Pop wasn't going to make it easy for him.

18 hours ago, Strider said:

I knew there was no way Pop would trade Leonard to the Lakers...or any team in the West. Now, whether Leonard forces a trade from Toronto to the Lakers or elsewhere is still up for grabs. But Pop wasn't going to make it easy for him.

He's a free agent next year and the Lakers still have cap space.  He's going to spend a year in Toronto to try to "come back" from his "injury" (or whatever the hell was REALLY happening...).  If he has a good year, he'll be worth a big contract with the "LeBron Era" lakers. I know you aren't a big LeBron fan but he's got to be an improvement for the venerable franchise!

On 7/19/2018 at 1:12 AM, Strider said:

Well does this not put the Raptors or keep the Raptors on the map in the EAST?  If Leonard had gone to the 76ers like I hoped they would have been some force.   But he makes Toronto better. Not sure if they can beat the Celtics or the 76ers though.  They do have Embid and Simmons in Philly.  And that kid they took at number 10 if he works out.  I am not as convinced as a local sports writer that Lebron WILL bring the Lakers a title.  I do not see any way he has enough to beat Golden St.  Boston can give them holy hell.  But that is likely it.  But more moves likely to come.  I am more interested in the NFL and NHL and the Dodgers.  

Lebron will make the Lakers better. But he won't bring them a title. Not as the team is presently constituted. Maybe if the Lakers get Leonard next year? But the window is closing. Lebron has one, maybe two good years left before age should take its toll.

And who knows...maybe Leonard finds the Canadian air to his liking and he decides to stick it out in Toronto?

At the very least, Lebron coming to the Lakers shuts up Lonzo Ball's idiot father and kicks him to the curb.

I kind of feel sad for San Antonio. They are a classy franchise and it unraveled so mysteriously and quickly.

On 7/20/2018 at 3:36 PM, Strider said:

Lebron will make the Lakers better. But he won't bring them a title. Not as the team is presently constituted. Maybe if the Lakers get Leonard next year? But the window is closing. Lebron has one, maybe two good years left before age should take its toll.

And who knows...maybe Leonard finds the Canadian air to his liking and he decides to stick it out in Toronto?

At the very least, Lebron coming to the Lakers shuts up Lonzo Ball's idiot father and kicks him to the curb.

I kind of feel sad for San Antonio. They are a classy franchise and it unraveled so mysteriously and quickly.

Sean, I believe Leonard was traded to the Toronto Raptors for De Rozier.  Strange. 

Archived