Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
kingzoso

My Television shows.

Recommended Posts

Another good show was Halt and Catch Fire

For comedy my favorite is Monty Python's Flying Circus.   A close second is the original BBC TV series The Hitch hikers guide to the Galaxy.   It is based on the original BBC radio scripts which were amazing as well.  They were so faithful to the books, unlike the travesty of a movie version that Hollywood released awhile back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Candid Camera

The Jack Benny Show

Make Room For Daddy

The Life Of Riley

I've Got A Secret

What's My Line

You Bet Your Life

The Detective

The Naked City

Bourbon Street Beat

77 Sunset Strip

Route 66

The Untouchables

Hawaiian Eye

Wanted: Dead Or Alive

The Red Skelton Show

Green Acres

My Favorite Martian

Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show

Good Times

Sanford & Son

Taxi

The Wonder Years

Monk

and many more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2018 at 8:46 PM, apantherfrommd said:

This may not be the right thread. I apologize in advance, but it's the closest I could find to possibly help me with my dilemma.

I haven't had television in 9 years. The internet company called me Tuesday noticing that I have declined them at every turn for cable.

They offered me a free live stream app that I could use on my smart tv, or phone or pc. Whatever... I accepted it. Why not? 1 month trial!

I haven't even downloaded the app. :lol: Half a week gone.

 

My question. What is good that is on tv? We like History and Sci-Fi. Before m'lady went on her European trip to visit the family, we were watching season 1 of LHOTP.

Is television worth it, or is it trash? When I last watched it regularly, I was watching shows like NCIS, X-files, House MD, and of course NFL and NHL.

I don't see Twin Peaks  mentioned there....you said you were going to watch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favourite is Twin Peaks. There's 3 seasons and a movie.

I think you might like all the David Attenborough stuff..... plenty out there. The camera work is amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2018 at 7:46 AM, Strider said:

This and I also forgot to mention Twin Peaks and Space Ghost Coast to Coast, The Flintstones (the first prime time animation series), and the NBC Sunday Mystery lineup of Columbo, McCloud, and McMillan & Wife.

Oh ,  I  see you mentioned TP..... 

Strider, have you watched the new series yet? I'd love to get your take on it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, slave to zep said:

I think you might like all the David Attenborough stuff..... plenty out there. The camera work is amazing.

I've always liked him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, slave to zep said:

I don't see Twin Peaks  mentioned there....you said you were going to watch 

Sandy had to visit her aunt since her 34 year old cousin died of a broken-heart (since her boyfriend died). The uncle and aunt had no other children.

Yes, people can die of a broken heart. I told you, it would be slow. I am now a First Responder, and work on call and very long hours. I don't like to get into series shows without my love by my side. :heartbreaker: I'm old school. All heart.

To be honest Jules, I've had this free offer of live-stream for less than a week. I haven't seen tv in 10 years, and I don't know what to do. I'm ready to call and cancel.

NEWS: 10 years ago: I was a Democrat. Had been for 25 years at the time. I lived on CNN. How the mighty has fallen. What a suck news network. PMSNBC is worse. FOX is... perhaps the more honestr of the bunch but still bias. I agree with IpMan with Al Jazeera, but I have found RT is by far the least bias. Even BBC is so far leftist.

DOCUMENTARIES: Wonderful. I enjoy the history channel. Discovery channel. Travel.

As for you: You, Jules! You are the only one that has gotten back to me on my dilemma. How do I find Twin Peaks on this free stream before I kick it. I'm ready to cancel it after only a week.

Otherwise, I will have to ask Sandy to find it while she is in Europe. And we will see it after the first season of LHOTP. My job as a First Responder is rough. I have PTSD. Your friend, Strider calls me (passive-aggressive). I think he would make a poor shrink. I am proud to save lives, but I watch people die while trying to save their lives. It's like the show M*A*S*H*. You do the best you can for your fellow man or woman.

Jules, I promise that after Sandy and I finish season 1 of Little House, we will watch Twin Peaks. How far back do you recommend we go? The shows from early 80's or this season?

Hugs and Peace to your and your good family,

A-

 

Edited by apantherfrommd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:23 PM, Strider said:

May I suggest the following...

The Avengers (British series from the 1960s...especially the Emma Peel (Diana Rigg) years)

Dick Van Dyke Show (the Carl Reiner classic series)

Outer Limits (the 1960s original)

McHale's Navy

My Favorite Martian

Combat!

Rat Patrol

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

Star Trek

Lost in Space

Space: 1999

Gunsmoke 

The Rifleman

Have Gun, Will Travel

The Addams Family

Bewitched (the Dick York as DARRIN)

Get Smart

Hogan's Heroes

Gomer Pyle

Dragnet

Mission Impossible

Mannix

Wild, Wild, West

Laugh-In

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Fawlty Towers

All in the Family

Bob Newhart Show

The Mod Squad

Police Story

Emergency

Get Christy Love

Police Woman

The Streets of San Francisco

Baretta

S.W.A.T.

Kojak

Blackadder (British)

Upstairs, Downstairs (British)

The Young Ones (British)

Bad News (British)

Homicide: Life in the Street

Hill Street Blues

Barney Miller

Cheers

Prime Suspect (British series starring Helen Mirren)

Gary Shandling Show (the one with Rip Torn and Jeffrey Tambor)

Freaks and Geeks

Fixed that for ya. Common mistake. Pet peeve of mine. Rock on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:13 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well King, we have absolutely NOTHING IN COMMON.  Only the Twilight Zone, the old ones did I view off your list.  So we can go back obviously as some have?  I thought it was current at first?  But going back and including all time is going to get crazy.  Sooooooo many that I love.  I will put a few favs here.  No movies right?  I do not think you wanted movies?

Prison Break

The Fugitive (the late David Janssen, the show from the 60's)

All In the Family

Bewitched

Hogans Heroes

The Honeymooners

Everyone Loves Raymond

Gomer Pyle

Jeopardy

Time Tunnel

Oh I give up.  Too many

 

Add Twilight Zone and I'm identical to all of what you have '77!

I have a few more. I have all the Original Star Treks. All the Star Treks The Next Generations too/

I have all 3 Seasons of Land of The Losts from Krofft. And Next Edition.

Twilight Zone is my favorite. I think it was years ahead of it's time. One episode was about artificial intelligence from 2045.

 Coincidentially  http://2045.com/

Edited by apantherfrommd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy” is a six-part 1979 British television miniseries adaptation of John Le Carré’s classic spy novel of the same name. First shown on American television in 1980, and released on Blu-ray in 2012.

A1WACSSoK4L._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by The Rover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Oh ,  I  see you mentioned TP..... 

Strider, have you watched the new series yet? I'd love to get your take on it!

I am only three episodes in so far. It's summer and so I am out nearly every night at a concert, movie, event of some kind. Not much time for tv watching of any kind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Sandy had to visit her aunt since her 34 year old cousin died of a broken-heart (since her boyfriend died). The uncle and aunt had no other children.

Yes, people can die of a broken heart. I told you, it would be slow. I am now a First Responder, and work on call and very long hours. I don't like to get into series shows without my love by my side. :heartbreaker: I'm old school. All heart.

To be honest Jules, I've had this free offer of live-stream for less than a week. I haven't seen tv in 10 years, and I don't know what to do. I'm ready to call and cancel.

NEWS: 10 years ago: I was a Democrat. Had been for 25 years at the time. I lived on CNN. How the mighty has fallen. What a suck news network. PMSNBC is worse. FOX is... perhaps the more honestr of the bunch but still bias. I agree with IpMan with Al Jazeera, but I have found RT is by far the least bias. Even BBC is so far leftist.

DOCUMENTARIES: Wonderful. I enjoy the history channel. Discovery channel. Travel.

As for you: You, Jules! You are the only one that has gotten back to me on my dilemma. How do I find Twin Peaks on this free stream before I kick it. I'm ready to cancel it after only a week.

Otherwise, I will have to ask Sandy to find it while she is in Europe. And we will see it after the first season of LHOTP. My job as a First Responder is rough. I have PTSD. Your friend, Strider calls me (passive-aggressive). I think he would make a poor shrink. I am proud to save lives, but I watch people die while trying to save their lives. It's like the show M*A*S*H*. You do the best you can for your fellow man or woman.

Jules, I promise that after Sandy and I finish season 1 of Little House, we will watch Twin Peaks. How far back do you recommend we go? The shows from early 80's or this season?

Hugs and Peace to your and your good family,

A-

 

You're doing a very important job, be proud of that! It must be so stressful. I hope you can find a way to chill out.

Actually,  Twin Peaks would be perfect for that, as it is absolutely out there!

It is imperative that you start with the first 2 series from 1989, then watch "Fire walk with me " (a movie) , then and only then watch the latest series.

They are all on DVD /blu ray  now. The new series was first aired through Showtime.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Strider said:

I am only three episodes in so far. It's summer and so I am out nearly every night at a concert, movie, event of some kind. Not much time for tv watching of any kind.

Ok. If you feel it's not quite as good as you hoped, push on. You won't regret it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Ok. If you feel it's not quite as good as you hoped, push on. You won't regret it.

Oh don't worry...I'll finish it. I didn't say I did not like it. Just that I don't have a lot of free time at the moment. I'll let you know when I complete the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Add Twilight Zone and I'm identical to all of what you have '77!

I have a few more. I have all the Original Star Treks. All the Star Treks The Next Generations too/

I have all 3 Seasons of Land of The Losts from Krofft. And Next Edition.

Twilight Zone is my favorite. I think it was years ahead of it's time. One episode was about artificial intelligence from 2045.

 Coincidentially  http://2045.com/

Well I do not agree about our lists but I admire you very much for what you do in life and I am sure the almighty does also.  My list would be far longer if I took the time to really think about it.  I am going to tape a few episodes of "Shark Week" that starts Sunday on Discovery channel.  I love Discovery, and History and Investigation Discovery on demand and such.  I put a couple of "forgotten greats" on my list like David Janssen and the Fugitive and Time Tunnel which many here may not remember?  It was not on a long time but I loved it. Star Trek, of course.  Love that show.  Classic and fabulous and I can't believe I did not list it.  I just did not think of everything.  Pretty much winged it. Watching the Revenant on HBO now.  I have seen it before.  Pretty graphic but a very good movie.  Movies are another story though.  And so are favorite actors.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, The Rover said:

“Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy” is a six-part 1979 British television miniseries adaptation of John Le Carré’s classic spy novel of the same name. First shown on American television in 1980, and released on Blu-ray in 2012.

A1WACSSoK4L._SL1500_.jpg

I'd like to see that. Guinness was great in 'The Lavender Hill Mob.' (1951)

I liked Edward Woodward in 'The Equalizer' TV show.

Robert McCall is a retired secret agent. Having become disillusioned by all the rigamarole that comes with secret agenting, McCall starts to look out for the little guy. Calling himself "The Equalizer," McCall puts ads in the paper marketing to desperate people in desperate situations. McCall usually takes these cases for little or no money (he lives in a posh Manhattan apartment). Acting as both bodyguard and investigator, sometimes using his government resources, McCall usually manages to save the day.
 
First episode date: September 18, 1985
Final episode date: August 24, 1989

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, redrum said:

I'd like to see that. Guinness was great in 'The Lavender Hill Mob.' (1951)

I liked Edward Woodward in 'The Equalizer' TV show.

Robert McCall is a retired secret agent. Having become disillusioned by all the rigamarole that comes with secret agenting, McCall starts to look out for the little guy. Calling himself "The Equalizer," McCall puts ads in the paper marketing to desperate people in desperate situations. McCall usually takes these cases for little or no money (he lives in a posh Manhattan apartment). Acting as both bodyguard and investigator, sometimes using his government resources, McCall usually manages to save the day.
 
First episode date: September 18, 1985
Final episode date: August 24, 1989

 

Oh you'll love "Tinker Tailor Sailor Spy", redrum. One of the rare cases when the book, the tv show, and the movie are all excellent.

You brought up another good one..."The Equalizer". Hard as nails. I much prefer it to the movie version. Unfortunately, the tv show had a tough time slot or I think it could have been more popular and lasted longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have hundreds of hours of "new"  shows to watch:  I have all these in My possession, but have not sèen all of them yet.  I still have money to buy things that I desire

Boardwalk Empire

Mad Men

Six Feet Under 

Spartacus

True Blood

Twilight Zone

Twin Peaks

X-Files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I have hundreds of hours of "new"  shows to watch:  I have all these in My possession, but have not sèen all of them yet.  I still have money to buy things that I desire

Boardwalk Empire

Mad Men

Six Feet Under 

Spartacus

True Blood

Twilight Zone

Twin Peaks

X-Files.

Add Archer to your collection and you'll be one step closer to a fine video library.
There's a little bit of Archer in all of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 8:54 AM, John M said:

Try Fargo the TV series.  All three seasons are great, especially season 2 which is set in 1979.

Another great one is Mr. Robot.

 

I bought "Fargo" (all 3 seasons) and I just finished watching the very first episode.  It was really good.  I like the fact that watching every episode is new to me.  

Thanks for the recommend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This show is damned funny. You better have your subtitles on with the heavy accents. 😄

still_game_uk.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 11:42 PM, kingzoso said:

I hav,e all these shows and series' on Blu-Ray or DVD:

The Americans

American Horror Story

Better Call Saul

Boardwalk Empire

Breaking Bad

Californication

Deadwood 

The Deuce 

Entourage

Friday Night Lights

Game  of Thrones

Homeland

House of Cards

Mad Men

Narcos 

Nurse Jackie

Orange is the New Black

Ozark

Oz

Ray Donovan

Six Feet Under

Sons of Anarchy

The Sopranos

The Twilight Zone

The Walking Dead

Weeds

The Wire

X-Files

 

Are there any other Great TV shows that I need to purchase? 

Any suggestions?

 

 

 

 

Looking at your original list, I think you need to watch 24. I haven't seen Homeland yet but I've been told they are similar; the vibe reminded me of the Sopranos/early House of Cards (riveting but really hard to watch) but it's about counterterrorism.

My favorite is The West Wing; if you are an optimist / Sorkin fan it's the best! (and if you like Mary Louise Parker/Weeds, she has a recurring role).

Edited by Virginia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...