MSM

apantherfrommd

Main Stream Media and Press
This has had so muc influence over so many people over the years throught publications, tabloids, posters,illustrations, caricatures. It's influence has over-vailed over all sorts of things. Led Zeppelin receives such negative coverage it was pathetic.
But they didn't care. That's the attitude needed against all those brainwashed people that read this BS media.
The times have changed from then to now. We are all grown up and most read the Main Stream Media. Regarding News media, I think Fox is a meh one. But here are worse and more biased. I don't know how anyone can read anything so biased as the Washington Post or the NY Times. The toilet paper of news. It says a lot about a person's character to read those things. Most biased and lowest of the low peple get their sources of news from here. IMO
Just my Random thought for the day.

Where do you good people get your sources from?

Journalism, the 4th estate is not perfect and will have bias due to human nature. However, the 4th estate is essential and the 1st amendment is our most important amendment. It is incumbent of all peoples to be educated, do their research, and to separate chaff from wheat and know the truth. 

The MSM may not be perfect, but it is essential and I include Fox News as well. I think Fox News is 100% BS but they have every right to be on the air as long as they do not directly lie, and I include ALL media outlets in this regard.

I get my news from BBC News, Al Jazeera, and NPR as my primary sources. I also watch The Young Turks and am donating to the Justice Democrats. If you don't know who the Justice Democrats are I suggest you look them up. They refuse to take one dime of corporate money, refuse to accept money from lobbyists or wealthy donors. They only accept donations from real, living, American individuals. You may not agree with their politics but the very fact that their #1 cause is to get money out of politics is extremely compelling and important.

Republican, Democrat, or Indépendant... if you take one dime from corporations, lobbyists, or wealthy donors (PACs) you will not get my vote. The corruption must stop to regain any semblance of a true constitutional republic. They can call them donations until the cows come home but everyone knows what it really is, blatant bribery, pay for play. There is no democratic process in pay for play as those two terms are the exact opposite of one another.

Al Jazeera sure does give a different perspective. NPR I listen to sometimes.

In your opinion, what would be the best for #1 Independent and #2 least spin or opinionated? It would be nice, just to have "news" without the bs.

I'm about ready to trash this 1 month free live streaming tv offer, and I've only had it for a week and a half. The news I've been receiving for the past 7 years hasn't let me down, because it isn't broadcast on tv, radio, or internet. I'm just curious, since I received this offer.

22 minutes ago, apantherfrommd said:

Al Jazeera sure does give a different perspective. NPR I listen to sometimes.

In your opinion, what would be the best for #1 Independent and #2 least spin or opinionated? It would be nice, just to have "news" without the bs.

I'm about ready to trash this 1 month free live streaming tv offer, and I've only had it for a week and a half. The news I've been receiving for the past 7 years hasn't let me down, because it isn't broadcast on tv, radio, or internet. I'm just curious, since I received this offer.

BBC Andy, you cannot go wrong with the BBC. My #1 news source.

What about The Guardian? Too heavily left leaning? I used to like NPR but their leftist bias has really started to show over the years. I'm slightly left of center myself, but I want my personal political bias to be determined from my own assessment of information. Not by a corporation trying to push me in a direction.

BBC is my primary source. While some see it as left leaning, I more tend to think it is as neutral as your likely to find. They present news in a way that clearly seperates when they are giving facts, and when they are offering an opinion or a viewpoint. It's just a lot cleaner presentation in my view.

Al Jazeera is good to view world events from a different voice as well. Get another perspective on a story that may be different to BBC/others, but valid in they also clearly present stories.

That's the thing, BBC is about as honest as human beings can get. However, even on the left (MSNBC, The Young Turks, etc.) they will still call out their darlings when the screw up, they don't try to make excuses, they call them out. I don't have a number count high enough for how much the left wing media called out Obama on the drone program, the extra-judicial killings (American born terrorists in Yemen), and his refusal to use his pardon powers to the extent every other President had done before him. But the right wing media? They are either silent or make bullshit excuses when their people mess up. We finally get Fox News to criticize Trump and all it took was an act of treason broadcast live on world-wide media.

To me that is the biggest difference between left wing & right wing media. On the right it is ALWAYS the team, right or wrong DEFEND THE TEAM. 

4 hours ago, The Rover said:

Some of Brietbart, Reddit, and Alex Jones is all the time I have for News.

You really can't link the name Alex Jones with news, that is purely entertainment. BTW, that is not my opinion, that is what Jone's himself has said as well as calling himself a performance artist.

On 7/23/2018 at 4:18 AM, IpMan said:

That's the thing, BBC is about as honest as human beings can get. However, even on the left (MSNBC, The Young Turks, etc.) they will still call out their darlings when the screw up, they don't try to make excuses, they call them out. I don't have a number count high enough for how much the left wing media called out Obama on the drone program, the extra-judicial killings (American born terrorists in Yemen), and his refusal to use his pardon powers to the extent every other President had done before him. But the right wing media? They are either silent or make bullshit excuses when their people mess up. We finally get Fox News to criticize Trump and all it took was an act of treason broadcast live on world-wide media.

To me that is the biggest difference between left wing & right wing media. On the right it is ALWAYS the team, right or wrong DEFEND THE TEAM. 

Wasn't it the BBC who broadcast the news of building 7 collapsing BEFORE it had on 9/11 ?

20 hours ago, IpMan said:

You really can't link the name Alex Jones with news, that is purely entertainment. BTW, that is not my opinion, that is what Jone's himself has said as well as calling himself a performance artist.

I guess we can say then... One man's news is another man's entertainment.

Now, it's treason. What next? Genocidal maniac? Mass murderer? Serial killer? 

Watching the MSM trying to get anything on Trump is like a frustrated housewife who can't achieve orgasm.

😩

4 hours ago, redrum said:

Now, it's treason. What next? Genocidal maniac? Mass murderer? Serial killer? 

Watching the MSM trying to get anything on Trump is like a frustrated housewife who can't achieve orgasm.

😩

Pray tell, please explain what you would call it when a sitting President states on national TV in front of a world wide audience that despite the findings of the American intelligence community, he believes the Russians were not involved in any hacking or involvement in our elections, that our (American intelligence agencies) are wrong, and that Putin is a great, strong leader. What then would you call that same President entertaining and believing and stating, again on live broadcast, that it is a great idea to turn over former American diplomats and advisors to the Russians for interrogation?

You do realize no American President has ever made such a statement, ever, ever, as in never ever. Please explain what you would call this.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:37 PM, The Rover said:

Some of Brietbart, Reddit, and Alex Jones is all the time I have for News.

Hi 'The Rover'. How's it going? Hey you survived Monday! Good deal.

Breitbart - As for the man Andrew, I'm betting he was murdered. As for the site, I can't read it. I'm on IE 7. Must be too many ads or something.

Alex Jones - Piers Morgan said the highlight of his CNN career had to be the AJ vs Piers. That was EPIC! Who can deny

Infowars - As for AJ's website - From what I recall, it was run by Alex Jones, and what he did was just something smart. He would just link to stories that were buried by CNN, Washington Comm-Post, NY Times, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong, 'The Rover'. His crew would link to stories that were buried, for instance NY Times - Jan 20, 2017 "wiretap preztzel" I dunno, and then they would call him a conspiracy theorist. But if one googles NY Times Jan 20th 2017. That's one smart pretzel!

Reddit - This is why I'm posting between jobs. What the heck is Reddit. I came across this over the weekend, and I still don't know what it is.

What the heck is reddit? :mellow: And why does that alien thing smile? Best to you and yours, 'The Rover'. Have a good week ahead.

I really can't make a MSM recommendation one way or the other because I stopped caring awhile ago. For one thing, they're all echo chambers filled with ratings whores, ax-grinders and agendas to advance. For another, how much news is really news? There have probably been a half dozen stories since the moon landing that really mattered, everything else is just bullshit and spin. On the rare occasion I do care long enough to log out of my stock portfolio and hear what's happening, I usually turn to Mark Levin or Michael Savage (The Savage Nation), both of whom have podcasts on You Tube.

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Pray tell, please explain what you would call it when a sitting President states on national TV in front of a world wide audience that despite the findings of the American intelligence community, he believes the Russians were not involved in any hacking or involvement in our elections, that our (American intelligence agencies) are wrong, and that Putin is a great, strong leader. What then would you call that same President entertaining and believing and stating, again on live broadcast, that it is a great idea to turn over former American diplomats and advisors to the Russians for interrogation?

You do realize no American President has ever made such a statement, ever, ever, as in never ever. Please explain what you would call this.

E-Z. This is about media. But happy to oblige. Can we go old school now? Thank you, IpMan.

1. I never got a phone call before the election from Putin or any Russian telling me who not to vote for.

2. I saw on youtube nothing about turning ab...... No.... I'm not gonna do it. Love you to death, Bro. There was someone on the threads a while back. It may have been you, but they said, let's have a thread called "POLITICS". Just have a thread - one thread. I thought it was an intelligent post. Whoever said that, if you're around - kudos to you! I apologize for forgetting, because all of us here LOVE our country. It's just that (I think) :lol: we all have different beliefs or interpretations of how the country should be run.

I think we all could get along well together, we just forgot how to play somewhere along the way. Best to you, IpMan, and Red. Think the World of you both. Have a great week.

As for MSM. They all echo each other as Jonesy said. I found out they get their talking points at 4am (together). If the president tweets early in am, it throws off their whole day! :lol:

Reddit isn't news, it's entertainment mixed with propaganda. It's heavily left leaning and anything that criticizes Trump gets voted to the top. Try posting something that criticizes autonomous vehicles and solar energy and see what happens. You'll have to shut down your account.

4 minutes ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Reddit isn't news, it's entertainment mixed with propaganda. It's heavily left leaning and anything that criticizes Trump gets voted to the top. Try posting something that criticizes autonomous vehicles and solar energy and see what happens. You'll have to shut down your account.

It's left leaning? I've heard the name reddit, but never knew what it was.

Sounds like a Wolfpack in sheep's clothing.

1 minute ago, apantherfrommd said:

It's left leaning? I've heard the name reddit, but never knew what it was.

Sounds like a Wolfpack in sheep's clothing.

It's user submitted posts with a voting system. Very easily manipulated from either side. Though it is very handy for hearing first hand accounts of situations in real time. For instance, an earthquake or shooting can happen and 9 times out of 10 there will be a Reddit user there posting eyewitness accounts. 

1 hour ago, gibsonfan159 said:

It's user submitted posts with a voting system. Very easily manipulated from either side. Though it is very handy for hearing first hand accounts of situations in real time. For instance, an earthquake or shooting can happen and 9 times out of 10 there will be a Reddit user there posting eyewitness accounts. 

So they are quick to post! Real time accurate accounts of anything? I like the risk factor of that, but it sounds hard to weed out what's a real account or not. Thank you, Tarheel for your assessment on this media. I would like to explore this one a bit. I would like to hear from 'The Rover' as well. Reddit sound interesting to me.

9 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Wasn't it the BBC who broadcast the news of building 7 collapsing BEFORE it had on 9/11 ?

Same one. I gave them another try last week. They "sound" nice. Like verbally. Calm, like NPR. Hypnotic. Monotone. Lulling. Friendly. Stepford...

Yeah. Same one Jules. 20 mins before it fell. They're nice, IpMan. But very lulling, but BBC is very "pro-this and matter of fact this". I don't wish to get too much into it on this. I can see where they can lull people into a _____ sense of security. I want to see facts. Not lulling (spin). No disrespect to you or anyone that watches it.

I'm out for Real News where people might get mad or upset (but not fake crying and shit with no tears i.e. Maddow) international if that's what it takes, and the balls to tell it like it is even if it isn't popular with the majority of the "shiny happy people".  But it is what it is in 2018. Here are the World Wide Results. Personally, I prefer #7 (Edit to give credit to IpMan) on this one. I'm not sure, if I'll keep the tv app after the month. I'm not that much into politics as many might think. Just more informed. ;) 

4 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Hi 'The Rover'. How's it going? Hey you survived Monday! Good deal.

Breitbart - As for the man Andrew, I'm betting he was murdered. As for the site, I can't read it. I'm on IE 7. Must be too many ads or something.

Alex Jones - Piers Morgan said the highlight of his CNN career had to be the AJ vs Piers. That was EPIC! Who can deny

Infowars - As for AJ's website - From what I recall, it was run by Alex Jones, and what he did was just something smart. He would just link to stories that were buried by CNN, Washington Comm-Post, NY Times, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong, 'The Rover'. His crew would link to stories that were buried, for instance NY Times - Jan 20, 2017 "wiretap preztzel" I dunno, and then they would call him a conspiracy theorist. But if one googles NY Times Jan 20th 2017. That's one smart pretzel!

Reddit - This is why I'm posting between jobs. What the heck is Reddit. I came across this over the weekend, and I still don't know what it is.

What the heck is reddit? :mellow: And why does that alien thing smile? Best to you and yours, 'The Rover'. Have a good week ahead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reddit

People post links to news articles -- Have you "Read it"? I suppose is the play on words that the site derives it's name from. Never cared to research that though. Someone posts a link to a news article that says such and such... And discussions and comments occur. But, unlike a YouTube comment which doesn't mark who you're speaking back to in many cases, Reddit comments follow a line of exactly who's post your were commenting about.

There is a Donald Trump community that states as their premise, it's for Trump supporters only.

The generic "politics" community is left leaning.

So you can find the community you feel comfortable hanging out in.

They have communities about everything, even Led Zeppelin.

20 minutes ago, The Rover said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reddit

People post links to news articles -- Have you "Read it"? I suppose is the play on words that the site derives it's name from. Never cared to research that though. The news article that says such and such... And discussions and comments occur. But. unlike a YouTube comment which doesn't mark who you're speaking back to, Reddit comments follow a line of exactly who's post your were commenting about. 

There is a Donald Trump community that states as their premise, it's for trump supporters only.

The generic "politics" community is left leaning. 

So you can find the community fell comfortable hanging out in.

They have communities about everything, even Led Zeppelin.

Wow! So Reddit is for anyone! :lol: Thank you 'The Rover' I've been waiting and wondering about this ever since you posted it. Thank you so much! Have a blessed week! This would be the perfect place for me (personally). Thank you, Rover.

As for where I get my info from: Military Intelligence. Encryption through international based E-mail. :-)

Imagine getting a newspaper thrown on your door stand a month early. :mellow: Not fun.

"Please explain what you would call this."

Definitely not treason in my mind. It's just a new buzzword being tossed around by the frustrated housewives. What will they do when he gets a second term? 😎

11 hours ago, redrum said:

"Please explain what you would call this."

Definitely not treason in my mind. It's just a new buzzword being tossed around by the frustrated housewives. What will they do when he gets a second term? 😎

Ok, so you said what you feel it was not however that was not my question. My question was quite simple and straightforward so let me ask it one more time...with feeling :bubble:

Please explain what you would call this. Do you define his actions as acceptable? Why?

Archived