the best contemporary bands

kidmoon

Cant say I like many of the modern bands but my Daughter has got me into NIGHTWISH, WITHIN TEMPTATION and even H.I.M. they may be Gothy but they they are very raw wiv a big sound. Any of you guy's seen PAUL RODGERS of late...His voice is even better than the old days,especially when he is performin solo gigs....

I am getting into some Sonic Youth as of late and really liking what I'm hearing. I was one of those people who was pretty pigheaded about getting into contemporary music until relatively recently...Do I regret it? Of course I do!

So you DO regret getting into contemporary music ? Now you've got SO MUCH more to buy !! That is regretfull !!!

Oh wait...you mean you regret waiting so long to give it a chance ? :huh:

Either way....you DO have alot to acquire ! :D

I think for me it would have to be Muse, I think they crossover from Rock/pop/classical and prog rock is an interesting one and they do come up with some blinding riffs !!

Robert Plant of course !!!

I am getting into some Sonic Youth as of late and really liking what I'm hearing. I was one of those people who was pretty pigheaded about getting into contemporary music until relatively recently...Do I regret it? Of course I do!

When we call Sonic Youth a contemporary band, you know you're on an oldies board. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
o wow ill buy one of their albums tommorow

any suggestions?

My favorite is "Magic Potion", but most people favor their "Rubber Factory", so that's probably your best bet. I think all of their albums are amazing, so I don't think you can go wrong :D

My favorite is "Magic Potion", but most people favor their "Rubber Factory", so that's probably your best bet. I think all of their albums are amazing, so I don't think you can go wrong :D

thank you ill deff check them out

what type of venue would they play

like a beacon type setting or smaller such as iriving plaza or blender theater

thank you ill deff check them out

what type of venue would they play

like a beacon type setting or smaller such as iriving plaza or blender theater

You're welcome, I hope you like them :)

They've been playing in theater-type venues in the past two or so years--usually seating about two or three thousand, I think.

Archived