1975 US Soundboards "Live Album"

ZepHead315

12 hours ago, wordev1977 said:

I think your thinking of the 21st the 23rd is the one they mess up.

Thanks - much appreciated! The 21st, then, is my favorite '77 version - and really the only one I seek out to listen to from that tour.

1 hour ago, tmtomh said:

Thanks - much appreciated! The 21st, then, is my favorite '77 version - and really the only one I seek out to listen to from that tour.

All the '77 Forum Kashmirs were great. Even the 23rd isn't as big a cockup as the one in NYC and elsewhere. It's during the breakdown part before the hypnotic middle section, so it doesn't really stop the flow of the song.

But you are really depriving yourself by limiting your Kashmir to the 21st. For the 25th is equally astounding and in Millard-tape quality. In fact, the 25th is my fave from the '77 tour and possibly ever. The 27th is also not far behind. Only the 22nd and 26th suffer from poor tape quality...but the performances are great.

17 minutes ago, Strider said:

All the '77 Forum Kashmirs were great. Even the 23rd isn't as big a cockup as the one in NYC and elsewhere. It's during the breakdown part before the hypnotic middle section, so it doesn't really stop the flow of the song.

But you are really depriving yourself by limiting your Kashmir to the 21st. For the 25th is equally astounding and in Millard-tape quality. In fact, the 25th is my fave from the '77 tour and possibly ever. The 27th is also not far behind. Only the 22nd and 26th suffer from poor tape quality...but the performances are great.

25th all day. 22nd close, but I'll take the sound quality. I can't remember which, but the 21st runs either too fast or slow for my taste. 

5 hours ago, Strider said:

For the 25th is equally astounding and in Millard-tape quality. In fact, the 25th is my fave from the '77 tour and possibly ever.

5 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

25th all day

LOL This has always been true for me as well but the idiots around MM drive me nuts. . Elvis T shirt guy,  The girl who thinks she's smart by declaring that its against the law to RnR in the USA, and the guy screaming at Percy through the middle of the show. .You can feel the daggers coming from Mike. .Somehow talk of 75 SBs ends up talk of 77. .Ahaha

Great compilation.  Thanks for sharing it.  For 1975 NQ, I am partial to 3/17 for soundboards, but so many of them are so good.  If I had to choose  one overall including audience it would be 3/25 or 3/27.  When I try to compare versions  of NQ I think about the 3 basic sections of the jam:  1) solo keyboard, 2) keyboard and drums, 3) with Jimmy.

I find 2/28 fascinating from a historical perspective because it is the first one with real piano, and it is intriguing to hear them adjusting to that and working it out as they go.

19 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

LOL This has always been true for me as well but the idiots around MM drive me nuts. . Elvis T shirt guy,  The girl who thinks she's smart by declaring that its against the law to RnR in the USA, and the guy screaming at Percy through the middle of the show. .You can feel the daggers coming from Mike. .Somehow talk of 75 SBs ends up talk of 77. .Ahaha

For clarification, my touting of June 25th was only in reference to the "Kashmir" of that night. I was not saying the entire show of the 25th was my fave ever. It wasn't even in my top 5 from that week at the Forum....it comes in last place after the 21, 22, 23, 26, and 27.

Archived