Next EV Release

Xolo1974

Ok. It’s been a year since Seattle ‘75. We’ve had the Immigrant Song, STH and Friends from Osaka 71. I dimly recollect someone saying WLL would be coming out for Osaka 71....but my memory may be playing tricks on me. 

So....given it’s been a year, what do we reckon the next “full” release is? 

😴 Meanwhile, this breaking news....gee , how exciting !! 25th anniversary of an inferior incomplete audience source! LOL. 😂

8 different covers to choose from, so if you're into artwork this is a windfall. 😬

Screenshot_20180811-083053.png

36 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

If I had to bet I'd say either Greensboro '77 or the first '75 San Diego show.

Either of those would be most welcome.  I'd prefer Greensboro '77 since we don't have an AUD of it and it was Bonzo's Birthday Party, Vol. II--given how "over the top" he was playing every night in '77, I'd imagine he was 6/21-level on his birthday!

24 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

😴 Meanwhile, this breaking news....gee , how exciting !! 25th anniversary of an inferior incomplete audience source! LOL. 😂

Oh, so it’s not a new source at all? I saw this also and wondered. 

1 minute ago, lololabrute said:

Oh, so it’s not a new source at all? I saw this also and wondered. 

I got excited for about 30 seconds then saw it said 25th anniversary....so I was like, huh??? WTF? So was it 25 years since Mr Peach recorded the tape at the time it originally was released or was this released in 1993? Whatever the case, is a huge fucking yawn. LOL....8 covers!!???? 

34 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

8 different covers to choose from, so if you're into artwork this is a windfall. 😬

Jesus Christ what a yawner! I guess I shouldn't even be surprised by how greedy they are anymore. Besides, aren't all the audience sources from that show pretty rough? I've sampled a few and they're okay at best. What a shame. I'd LOVE for an audience recording on the same level as Source 7 from 9/23 to surface! Now THAT would at least be worthwhile. Hard pass on this though.

30 minutes ago, Bonzo_fan said:

Either of those would be most welcome.  I'd prefer Greensboro '77 since we don't have an AUD of it and it was Bonzo's Birthday Party, Vol. II--given how "over the top" he was playing every night in '77, I'd imagine he was 6/21-level on his birthday!

I'm not a '77 fan so I wouldn't care about a Greensboro SB.  I really like the 3-10-75 show from the AUD tape but I'm concerned the SB will expose flaws like with Landover.  Obviously the excruciating wait at this stage will be for the all-time great 3-12-75 Long Beach SB;  sadly that's still probably two years away.

31 minutes ago, Bonzo_fan said:

In theory perhaps. But his playing at Landover just before his birthday doesn't inspire much hope.

• 2 months later...

My money is on a Pontiac 77 soundboard/video feed. Most of the other shows that featured overhead video feeds had the audio recorded, no reason to think this one isn't out there somewhere. An actual video would be nice, but I'd settle for a twangy soundboard.

47 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

I reckon the next release will be another single from 29/9/71

If they actually did that then that whole organization can go straight to hell. I logically assume that the first few were released that way because whoever sold EV the reels only gave them a few at a time to seal the deal, and EV made them available to the fans as soon as they received them. But if EV themselves are intentionally doing partial releases, then that would be bootleg treason.

No idea, but after recently listening to the killer Black Dog from the Osaka 28, 1971, I sure as hell hope that great recording & concert is released in full soon, X-mass is coming and EV usually has something in store for the holidays. Here's hoping for a Christmas miracle! 

Archived