Second best rythm section?

rm2551

Kenny Aronoff & Toby Myers from John Mellencamp's band are criminally underrated, a truly great duo. Of course there is Lee & Peart, and one of the best, most swinging was Black & Fontana who backed Elvis. Flea & Smith and of course Collins & Brailey from P-Funk.

Edit: How can I forget Rainey & Purdie from Steely Dan

9 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Behind Bonzo and JPJ sits which legendary rythm section?

I nominate who ever this is. Anyone know? Especially from around 1:38 on, but leading into that.

Jerry Jemmott on bass. Roger Hawkins on drums. Not bad.

But I would put Motown's Funk Brothers above them. James Jamerson on bass, Benny Benjamin on drums.

Stax also had a crack rhythm section...Donald "Duck" Dunn on bass, Al Jackson, Jr. on drums.

19 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Behind Bonzo and JPJ sits which legendary rythm section?

I nominate who ever this is. Anyone know? Especially from around 1:38 on, but leading into that.

^not sure what happened, but meant to quote this particular piece.

oops.....

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:54 AM, rm2551 said:

^not sure what happened, but meant to quote this particular piece.

oops.....

The rhythm section there is Bernard Purdie on drums & Jerry Jemmott on bass.

1 hour ago, rm2551 said:

Cheers. They are on fire here.

If you like them then you should seriously buy Aretha Franklin live at The Fillmore West album, that's where that footage is from (amazing album).

I would also recommend her LP, Young Gifted & Black which features Purdie quite prominently.

14 minutes ago, Mook said:

If you like them then you should seriously buy Aretha Franklin live at The Fillmore West album, that's where that footage is from (amazing album).

I would also recommend her LP, Young Gifted & Black which features Purdie quite prominently.

Yeah, I am starting to realise just how much is out there to get into. I am from a very "mainstream" background musically. Listening to Alice Cooper has really opened my eyes. There is SOUCH to get into....

I'll keep an eye out for those ones. Cheers.

Archived