2018 NFL Pick 'Em Pool

Strider

24 minutes ago, kipper said:

what does calling shots mean in football? I thought that was something just from baseball LIke that Baby Ruth guy used to do?

🍠 Like, yeah. When one of those pointer dogs gets a woodie. I even went thru crap this season and i wasnt even posting this year. Karma got them Lol. But you won it all outright.

Not easy to win a pool. Great year to all who tried without bashing me, or threatening to banish anyone else on my count for no reason. Thank you.

Kipper. Winner 2018

And so it ends. kipper wins the week and the season. Congratulations! :cheer:

PM me your address for your prize.

The final numbers.

Week 17 Results

kipper: 14-2*

Bong-Man: 12-4

ebk: 12-4

Walter: 12-4

zepscoda: 12-4

jabe: 11-5

Junior: 11-5

LedZeppfan77: 11-5

Mrs. W: 11-5

Strider: 11-5

the chase: 10-6

paul carruthers: 10-6

Final Season Standings After 256 Games

1. kipper: 167-87-2****

2. Walter: 166-88-2**

3. Junior: 161-93-2***

4. Bong-Man: 157-97-2**

5. ebk: 156-98-2***

6. Mrs. W: 155-99-2**

7. Strider: 152-102-2***

8. jabe: 145-109-2

9. the chase: 140-114-2

10. zepscoda: 139-115-2*

11. LedZeppfan77: 138-116-2**

12. paul carruthers: 133-121-2***

Thanks to all who participated. See y'all next season.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

It has come down to one game. If Chicago beats Minnesota, kipper wins the season. If Minnesota wins, Walter is champion.

Congratulations to kipper and his picks guru for winning the pool this season.

I thought you’d already sent y’alls picks in - until Strider posted them later.  Me thinks you thought I was going to match your picks like another pussy did a few years ago against jb126....I don’t play that way.  Again congrats, you and your team played well.  

On to the playoffs.

20 minutes ago, apantherfrommd said:

🍠 Like, yeah. When one of those pointer dogs gets a woodie. I even went thru crap this season and i wasnt even posting this year. Karma got them Lol. But you won it all outright.

Not easy to win a pool. Great year to all who tried without bashing me, or threatening to banish anyone else on my count for no reason. Thank you.

Kipper. Winner 2018

It's all about you. :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Strider said:

And so it ends. kipper wins the week and the season. Congratulations! :cheer:

PM me your address for your prize.

The final numbers.

Week 17 Results

kipper: 14-2*

Bong-Man: 12-4

ebk: 12-4

Walter: 12-4

zepscoda: 12-4

jabe: 11-5

Junior: 11-5

LedZeppfan77: 11-5

Mrs. W: 11-5

Strider: 11-5

the chase: 10-6

paul carruthers: 10-6

Final Season Standings After 256 Games

1. kipper: 167-87-2****

2. Walter: 166-88-2**

3. Junior: 161-93-2***

4. Bong-Man: 157-97-2**

5. ebk: 156-98-2***

6. Mrs. W: 155-99-2**

7. Strider: 152-102-2***

8. jabe: 145-109-2

9. the chase: 140-114-2

10. zepscoda: 139-115-2*

11. LedZeppfan77: 138-116-2**

12. paul carruthers: 133-121-2***

Thanks to all who participated. See y'all next season.

You mean I won!   I thought apanther was just kidding to tease walter.

what a hoot!

yay!!!

KlutzyTinyIndianglassfish-size_restricte

Strider,

Thank you for running the football pool it was a lot of fun. I even watched a game this year and I learned some stuff I never knew about football.  I'm more surprised I won than anyone as I never really knew much about the game.

thanks again,

kipper

34 minutes ago, ebk said:

Everyone was over .500 this year.  That's good!  

Pretty amazing actually. 

Just think, pitchers and catchers report in just under 2 months! 

Hope you’re going fly south again! Sean you should fly east too!! 

Edited by Walter

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Congratulations to kipper and his picks guru for winning the pool this season.

I thought you’d already sent y’alls picks in - until Strider posted them later.  Me thinks you thought I was going to match your picks like another pussy did a few years ago against jb126....I don’t play that way.  Again congrats, you and your team played well.  

On to the playoffs.

Thanks Walter!  It was a great competition all season between you and me, it was really close.

I did have a "guru" in the early season at work but he had family matters and so it sort of left me on my own after that. I did get some pointers from another led zeppelin fan who used to be a member here but it wasn't Apanther. So no, he was not part of "my team" if that is what you mean.

The reason I pm'd my picks to Strider was just strategy and what someone (not Apanther) said to try. He said it was like not showing your poker hand. He told me posting picks near the end and not showing your picks is a good strategy, and I figured it was becuause that is what you do every week and you are really smart about football and a big fan, so I was just tryng to play smart like you the smartest player in the pool.

Today I figured you would pick Dallas instead of NY giants because you are a big Dallas fan and I already knew I wanted  Dallas too, but then that would only keeo us at the same record numbers if we had similar best picks and I would still be in 2nd place  so I needed one other game to gamble on beating you so that is why I picked Chicago over the Vikings. I knew it was a risk but I had to gamble that, and I figured it was my best shot at about 50/50 odds to beat you Walter, but also why I didn't want to post that before you did just in case. So that was my strategy in the end.

Anyway it was really a lot of fun

kipper

Edited by kipper

50 minutes ago, Walter said:

:hysterical: 

Nail meets head. 

Thanks again Strider. 

I never had a non member and 3 hands of a household in this comptition. Lol I was on the sidelines pulling for kipper, because unlike you, he was like everyone else.

One hand, one shot. When I won the competition, Walter and I were at odds. His friend, Strider asked for my address to send a potted plant. I wished to send it to the closest to her kin.

No prize, as his friend and I were at odds.  So...My prize was beating a small man. The same as Kipper, a small wide man playing 3 hands, two not a member of the site that at the time. Lol Nail meets head.

Congratulatulations, Kipper! You earned it.

Edited by apantherfrommd
Da bi

10 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

I never had a non member and 3 hands of a household in this comptition. Lol I was on the sidelines pulling for kipper, because unlike you, he was like everyone else.

One hand, one shot. When I won the competition, Walter and I were at odds. His friend, Strider asked for my address to send a potted plant. I wished to send it to the closest to her kin.

No prize, as his friend and I were at odds.  So...My prize was beating a small man. The same as Kipper, a small wide man playing 3 hands, two not a member of the site that at the time. Lol Nail meets head.

Congratulatulations, Kipper! You earned it.

Amazing how one little post can say so much about a person...his worldview, his paranoia, his workaholicism. Sad.

Thank you, panther, for injecting your petty junior-high attitude at the very end. You couldn't let kipper win with class, you had to make it about you.

There are no cliques here in the football pool. It would surprise you how little I pm with Walter, PC, zepscoda, LedZeppfan77, et al. Only when I have to chase someone down for their picks. We aren't huddled together secretly plotting our picks against you or kipper. Just because you have that childish mentality doesn't mean other people do the same.

I am sorry you never received your prize. But I did send it. But to think that I did not send it just because you won and Walter did not (or whatever you were trying to imply in your post) reveals how deeply your paranoia has poisoned you.

If I was so adamant about having kipper lose and Walter win, I could have just told Walter what kipper picked beforehand and Walter could have just copied his picks, assuring himself of the win. But I don't work like that. 

This persecution complex of yours is getting tired.

You can't even let kipper have his championship moment without dragging your baggage in.

Happy New Year.

On 10/4/2018 at 10:48 PM, Strider said:

I'm not going through this again. Andy Dick tried to troll this thread last year, making assumptions (wrong, as usual) about Walter's picks and trying to rope LZF77 into his shenanigans.

I know Walter and his family. They each make their own picks. Andy has a bug up his ass about Walter and can't deal with it.

This thread is an oasis for people to come and have some fun with the football season and leave the petty bullshit that some people bring to the Forum behind. If you can't leave it behind, then don't play.

If Andy is nudging you, kipper, to make these posts about Walter's picks, I suggest you stop or I won't take your picks anymore. You two want to keep up your baloney elsewhere on the Forum, if it is fine with Sam it's fine with me.

But leave it out of this thread.

We can get along. Here is actually what was petty and Junior High, Strider. I'm not sure yet why kipper was threatened, nor why I was brought in to that 2018 thread.

You asked me to man up in the 2017 competition thread (that I wasn't in, and apologize to a paranoid man). I did.

I think you should man up and apologize to Kipper and myself, and the members of your competition for your false assumption. 

Kipper made a joke, and we all understand you were trying to defend an insecure friend you say you call. 

I apologized just for the sake of peace. You should, because you were wrong, and almost threw out this year's champion out because of it, and gave Ledzeppelinfan77 crap about it last year.

Kipper is humble, and accepted. But your competition is more than him. It's about everyone else and how YOU conduct it in a mature manner.

Your false accusations of me this year and threat on Kipper, and even bringing Sam's name into it, showed how wrong you were.

Before anyone tells me to "Get a life" , check your post count. Strider should have manned up when he was wrong, and conducted this thread with professionalism. By falsely accusing me, and even including me in the first place, and threatening Kipper, he blew it. Name calling Too? 

Happy New Year, Strider. Your prideful lack of what you would have others do (manning up when they are wrong) is a testament to your lack of a moral compass except when it comes to when someone wins favour with you.

This answers your other question, I hope. I shoot straight and don't schmooze anyone. 

This is why you didn't betray Kipper. He's a great guy. And makes a great friend. 

The other guy that implied,  I won like a "pussy". (Nice language for a dad raising a child by the way.) I let my dying and sick dad pick two games when I won the competition. It would take him right before game time, Walter, because he felt an adrenaline rush for picking. He knew if I won, it was going to Bretts family, Walter. Ever lost a dad, Walter? Call me a pussy again, and you won't again.

I finished 3rd this year at work in the pool out of 22. I need Kipper's guru. Can I have their name, Please for the playoffs?

Happy New Year. 

Oh Andy, why did you have to come in here and ruin everything?? We were having a lovely time, and then... we weren't. 

Strider is one of the most thoughtful, caring, upstanding and fabulous people I've ever met.  You're totally wrong about him.

I hope you can just move past this since it doesn't seem to be for you.  Have a happy new year. 

29 minutes ago, ebk said:

Oh Andy, why did you have to come in here and ruin everything?? We were having a lovely time, and then... we weren't. 

Strider is one of the most thoughtful, caring, upstanding and fabulous people I've ever met.  You're totally wrong about him.

I hope you can just move past this since it doesn't seem to be for you.  Have a happy new year. 

I came in here and wished my friend Congratulated and blessed out the caretaker of this thread for the manner in which he conducted it. Mainly against me.  

I was having a great time in October , E. A lovely time on the board before I was attacked here on this thread for no reason.

Maybe somebody ruined something for me and someone should have stood up for the side of right then.

If Sean is so great, let him admit he was wrong. But he has money to impress. 

He may be kind to you and yours and pick up the tab at a bar or place, but in morals he picks and buys his favorite people. Polite, I'm sure. You think Walter is polite using the word pussy. Broad sense of the word polite.

Happy New Year

Edited by apantherfrommd

3 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

I need Kipper's guru. Can I have their name, Please for the playoffs?

Hi Apanther,

My football guru at work unfortunately I can not reveal, I hope you understand. However the other guy who advised me is probably somebody you may know, he was a former member here and is still a regular over at another Led Zeppelin forum which you may also be a member of. I believe he told me his name here was Dale Zeppelin many years ago. He probably still has an account here because he knows a lot about the goings on here, but I believe he said he no longer posts here. Over at the other forum he has a different name which I probably shouldn't share here, but he is one of the people with the highest post counts there. If you have ever traded CDs or bootlegs at the other site you probably already crossed paths. I'll PM you the name of the forum.

Anyway, I hope you have a happy and safe new year Apanther, and thank you for the congratulations.

best regards,

Kipper

I did a little research regarding the different years we have conducted this picking pool on LZ.com.  7 seasons, with only one repeat champion in all of those years - the legendary jb126 and only one tie - 2017 and three-way at that! 

2012 - Walter 171-84

2013 - jb126 164-91

2014 - jb126 177-78-1

2015 - apantherfrommd 163-93

2016 - junior 171-83-2

2017 - Bong-Man, The Chase, and Strider 175-81

2018 - kipper 167-87-2*

* Its picks were admittedly made by a self-proclaimed “picks guru”.

Edited by Walter

1 hour ago, Walter said:

2012 - Walter 171-84

2013 - jb126 164-91

2014 - jb126 177-78-1

2015 - apantherfrommd 163-93

2016 - junior 171-83-2

2017 - Bong-Man, The Chase, and Strider 175-81

2018 - kipper 167-87-2

Some sports statistics are better explained with an asterisk.

636588839045169702-AP-IA01-LEAR-MCGWIRE-

2 hours ago, kipper said:

Some sports statistics are better explained with an asterisk.

636588839045169702-AP-IA01-LEAR-MCGWIRE-

LOL.  You get my award of the week pal!!!! Go post this on baseball thread for Kingshitzo.  LOL.  Love it. His almighty fucking Cardinals.  Put Brady and Belecheck right behind this cheater