BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL: The College Football Thread

Strider

The 2018 College Football season has begun. I'm aware it is not as popular as the NFL but with all the Americans on the forum, surely there are a fair share of fans who "Root! Root! Root!" for their alma mater.

For the record, the USC Trojans are my team. They start the season against UNLV. Should be an easy victory.

#1 Alabama takes on Louisville today, as well as #6 Washington vs. #9 Auburn. I can't figure why Washington is ranked so high?

Which school are y'all true to? I already know jabe's answer...he's Roll Tide! all the way.

I’m a ‘cuse fan based on birthplace. But their football teams leave a lot to be desired at this point.  I still root for them, but wait for basketball season. 

FSU is the Walter family football school as I’m out numbered here. I’ve always liked them more than the U or the hated Gators. UCF is the wife’s undergrad alma-mater. So we pull for them too.

On 9/4/2018 at 12:31 PM, jabe said:

Some teams that play in Tuscaloosa 'feel' the field is longer and more narrow.

I didnt know that.  I heard that baseball fields all have different sizes too. I just think that is weird.

On 9/4/2018 at 10:09 AM, EaglesOfOneNest said:

Yes, same size as the NFL. A few of the rules are different between college and NFL but the field is the same size. 

now I'm confused.  Same size field or is the ball just smaller?

Last week my MSU Spartans barely got by Utah.  Utah went into a no huddle offense on their last couple drives, and I noticed the MSU defensive line were so tired they couldn't even manage to get into a 3 point stance.  When I saw the temps in Arizona this week (102 @ game time), I had a feeling we were going to have a second half meltdown.  Heat is just like altitude.  You can't live and train in Michigan and suddenly go to Arizona or Colorado and expect to function normally.  Would have been a great game to put a ton of money on.    

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Last week my MSU Spartans barely got by Utah.  Utah went into a no huddle offense on their last couple drives, and I noticed the MSU defensive line were so tired they couldn't even manage to get into a 3 point stance.  When I saw the temps in Arizona this week (102 @ game time), I had a feeling we were going to have a second half meltdown.  Heat is just like altitude.  You can't live and train in Michigan and suddenly go to Arizona or Colorado and expect to function normally.  Would have been a great game to put a ton of money on.    

USC was just as pathetic at Stanford yesterday. USC will suck as long as Clay Helton is coach.

• 3 weeks later...

USC wins to get over .500. But that only means Clay Helton keeps his job...so it's really a loss.

Tough loss for my friend Dd's team. 

Alabama looks head and shoulders above everybody else. Maybe Georgia or Oklahoma or LSU can bottle lightning for a night and topple the Crimson Tide? But I wouldn't bet on it...not at this point in the season.

Helluva slate of college games on today with some good upsets. 

Mississippi State Bulldogs take down Auburn. LSU gets knocked off by Florida. The U of Miami escaped with a win over Florida State. Oklahoma falls to Texas. Michigan pounded Maryland. Northwestern upended Michigan State. And Alabama rolls on.

Sorry Virginia, about the Hokies. I was pulling for them against Notre Dame.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived