BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL: The College Football Thread

Strider

The only time I've bet on the Tide was the opening game of this season and last season. Won both.
Coach Ed O of LSU was at the Thompson High School game last week (where Talia, Tua's brother is tearing it up as qb and is also an Alabama commit)
Coach O was on the sideline talking to Tua, as that was the Tide's bye week. I hope no bayou voodoo effort was going on....
I look for the Tide to perform "like a wheel Rollin' on."

• 3 weeks later...

62-39? 😮

Has Jim Harbaugh been fired yet? What an unmitigated disaster against a flawed Ohio State team today. If Michigan couldn't beat them this year they may never beat them again. Absolutely pathetic.

6 hours ago, Strider said:

62-39? 😮

Has Jim Harbaugh been fired yet? What an unmitigated disaster against a flawed Ohio State team today. If Michigan couldn't beat them this year they may never beat them again. Absolutely pathetic.

Yeah, 62 points? I can’t stand OSU, mainly because of their current head coach! 

I thought your Trojans were gonna knock off the overrated Irish last night... It’s Bama’s title to lose at this point anyway.

On 10/7/2018 at 12:26 AM, Strider said:

Helluva slate of college games on today with some good upsets. 

Mississippi State Bulldogs take down Auburn. LSU gets knocked off by Florida. The U of Miami escaped with a win over Florida State. Oklahoma falls to Texas. Michigan pounded Maryland. Northwestern upended Michigan State. And Alabama rolls on.

Sorry Virginia, about the Hokies. I was pulling for them against Notre Dame.

Thanks; they ended up with a huge win against UVA on Friday.; what a game that was! We have Notre Dame alumni in the family too, so I can't be too upset about that one.

Georgia had 'em. The Bulldogs had Alabama on the ropes and could have created some real chaos in the college football playoff rankings. But Georgia couldn't seal the deal and allowed the Crimson Tide to roll on.

Somewhere, jabe is drunk and happy.

The Playoff Final Four will thus be...

Alabama

Clemson

Oklahoma

Notre Dame

How bout some love for UCF? Not playoff bound, but a Hell of a comeback with their star qb out and down by 24 at one point with a freshman at the helm. Very proud of them. Mrs W’s undergrad alma mater. 

15 hours ago, Strider said:

Georgia had 'em. The Bulldogs had Alabama on the ropes and could have created some real chaos in the college football playoff rankings. But Georgia couldn't seal the deal and allowed the Crimson Tide to roll on.

Somewhere, jabe is drunk and happy.

The Playoff Final Four will thus be...

Alabama

Clemson

Oklahoma

Notre Dame

I am happy and running a bit slow today. Helluva game!

Strider, your script writing pals in Hollywood outdid themselves on this one.

• 1 month later...

A National Championship game that didn't even sell out!  Pathetic!  The NCAA needs to get serious about this and put an end to the Bowl Coalition.  Eight team play-off, use the big bowls as a part of the play-off and have the title game the weekend of the New Year.

11 hours ago, Strider said:

I'll take that $500, thank you very much. The motto holds true: Defense wins championships.

Better luck next year, Jabe.

Nice winnings! I didn’t watch one snap of it. I’m not a fan of Clemson, but congrats to them nonetheless. At least Syracuse can say they came closest to beating the undefeated champions! 

5 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

A National Championship game that didn't even sell out!  Pathetic!  The NCAA needs to get serious about this and put an end to the Bowl Coalition.  Eight team play-off, use the big bowls as a part of the play-off and have the title game the weekend of the New Year.

I'm in agreement. Having the game a week after New Year's is stupid. Most people have moved on to the NFL playoffs by then. Although I doubt there were eight teams worthy this year. Both of the semifinal games were blowouts.

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Nice winnings! I didn’t watch one snap of it. I’m not a fan of Clemson, but congrats to them nonetheless. At least Syracuse can say they came closest to beating the undefeated champions! 

$200 bet on Clemson at +170 on the moneyline.

17 hours ago, Strider said:

I'll take that $500, thank you very much. The motto holds true: Defense wins championships.

Better luck next year, Jabe.

Thanks, Strider.

Looking forward to next season. Clemson made it look easy... congrats to the Tigers.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived