Led Zeppelin - Plagarists Or Innovators? Article

mysticman560

On 9/6/2018 at 9:24 PM, mysticman560 said:

Agreed, the point is that "Taurus" by Spirit was Page's point of musical reference - not Davey Graham or Bach. Just as in my other post referring to "Think" by Jame Brown, the Saxophone riff was obviously restructured by Page to become the guitar riff for "Bring It On Home", which is (as you stated) another example of what he's done many times, take another musician's riff (or motif) and make it his own to varying degrees. So the question is, is it innovation or something else?

What do people think?

I think we have a boatload of songs in our heads and I’m sure, because I do, people make up there own created melodies or riffs. Since the majority of us don’t put it on tape or take it to a band or in a studio, it goes bye the wayside. My point is everything is formulated from what we already have been exposed to, musically speaking. Only the lyrics can truly be said to be taken from. Plant used other’s words from time to time, but never gave credit. Everything else is really an idea from somewhere made into something much bigger and more complex. Even Dazed. I just shake my head when I even have to justify it to others. 

E19309C6-3327-4B3F-8158-F9F5F2591C02.jpeg

Archived